Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

I think everyone is going crazy right now with nothing to do so I'm going to post my favourite youtube channels to give everyone something to watch and keep them sane for a few hours at least:

This guy is Erik Hoffstad (AKA big money salvia). A former goon and a great comedian.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyWDmyZRjrGHeKF-ofFsT5Q

Life of Boris. Slav chef and lifestyle extraordinaire:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS5tt2z_DFvG7-39J3aE-bQ

Justin Whang(!). Makes in depth videos about internet legends and more:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3jdnIP2u5hCJpVZ-TuDrCg

Frog Leap Studios. A channel by Leo Moracchioli, Italian sounding surname but Norwegian heavy metal artist who does covers of pop songs both modern and classic:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC98tcedR6gULv8_b70WJKyw

This devilishly handsome man goes by the name Legal Eagle. An actual lawyer who reviews fictional court cases and gives his opinion about some real life and hypothetical ones. A very interesting man.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpa-Zb0ZcQjTCPP1Dx_1M8Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

Tom Gorman posted:

I get those shop paper towels from the auto parts/hardware store. They're usually blue.

They're like 5 bucks a roll but I only need ONE for any cleaning job that I'd usually use a shitload of regular paper towels for. Saves a lot of $ + waste. I only use like 3 or 4 rolls a year.

I just did the windows in a bedroom with some of those. Have had them in the garage for years, never thought to use them for windows until Burt mentioned heavy duty towels above.

Worked well for cleaning. I just need the sun to come out to check the streaks!

Nooner posted:

lick 'em

...like, seductively?!

cnut
May 3, 2016

Hi Burt :wave:

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Currently scratching the hell out of the scar on my ball sack.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Chat thread?

Someone ban OP for this blunder.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Here, have a half hour of old prog rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dwyogCZO6w

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Bert, am I allowed to tell people that I'm making crappy songs in this thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918229 and anyone is welcome to come and post? You might even get a lovely song made out of your post. Also I'm bored and gonna want to make some tunes here pretty soon.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I've been watching a lot of Mythical Kitchen on YouTube if I can't sleep. I never really liked GMM but Josh and his crew are very funny and Josh makes cooking wild poo poo look effortless which gives me more confidence in my own cooking :)

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Welp, not doing anymore work today

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Hahahahahaha
You just made a lot of mother fuckers feel old.
"Coheed and Cambria is old prog rock. "

Hah!

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

Hahahahahaha
You just made a lot of mother fuckers feel old.
"Coheed and Cambria is old prog rock. "

Hah!

Coheed and Cambria isn't old prog rock on its own but that album came out 15 years ago

for a better idea of how long 15 years is, 15 years before that album came out, Pearl Jam played their first show, except they were called "Mookie Blaylock", and milli vanilli had finally been outed as lip-synchers

15 years is a long time

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
wait, milli vanilli were WHAT?!?!?

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

Ive eaten 4 cookies today, and had zero exercise in the last like 4 days.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

RepeatingMeme posted:

You need more cookies

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

RepeatingMeme posted:

Actually it was 5 cookies, lord have mercy on my soul

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

food court bailiff posted:

Coheed and Cambria isn't old prog rock on its own but that album came out 15 years ago

for a better idea of how long 15 years is, 15 years before that album came out, Pearl Jam played their first show, except they were called "Mookie Blaylock", and milli vanilli had finally been outed as lip-synchers

15 years is a long time

Hahaha. You're just making people feel older.
Why not just scream "the move inception is 10 years old" and be done with it.

Old is subjective old man.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

food court bailiff posted:

15 years is a long time

Haha. Y'all really wanna feel old? Weezer's 'Buddy Holly' came along with Windows95. That was 25 years ago. I'll bet there might be some people younger than that on these forums.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
jerry garcia died around 25 years ago

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Colonel Cancer posted:

Is that already out? It's got some kinda VR only gimmick right?

It's really good

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Valko posted:

Haha. Y'all really wanna feel old? Weezer's 'Buddy Holly' came along with Windows95. That was 25 years ago. I'll bet there might be some people younger than that on these forums.

What's with these homies dissing my girls
why do they gatta froonahhnt.
[old man guitar noises]

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I'm getting ready for backpack camping and browsing amazon's camping gear section. I'm getting really excited.

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

My Spirit Otter posted:

I'm getting ready for backpack camping and browsing amazon's camping gear section. I'm getting really excited.

Where ya going?

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Internetjack posted:

Where ya going?

Nowhere in particular. Somewhere out in the woods for a weekend.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Here's a song I like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBUe_v6Mi70

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Mozi posted:

jerry garcia died around 25 years ago

Did they create the ice cream as a tribute to him?

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

My Spirit Otter posted:

What's your camping food situation?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Fuckkkkk. Pisss After fighting with insurance for a week, and finally being able to find a doctor with testing kits, let alone one that could see new patients, I eventually was able to get an appointment and run my blood work. That was a week ago and my test results finally made it in:

I'm............................................... gay?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I've realized I might qualify for this stimulus despite not living in the US, which could be nice if they send checks to expats. I started reading The Brothers Karamazov, a book I've been meaning to finish for a very long time.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I've started Crime and Punishment on 3 separate occasions. I get a bit farther every time. I own most Dostoevsky novels and have yet to get more than halfway through any of them because the internet ruined my attention span

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I知 out of weed. Soon to be out of my anti depressants. No car, running very low in food. No money, no job. My life loving sucks right now 😔 I知 near tears just writing this. Feels good to talk about it though.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Unfinish3d posted:

I've started Crime and Punishment on 3 separate occasions. I get a bit farther every time. I own most Dostoevsky novels and have yet to get more than halfway through any of them because the internet ruined my attention span

Yeah Dostoyevsky is so detailed and specific in his character descriptions and can seem plodding at times. I try to treat it like study more than just "casual reading", and I turn off the monitor, put away the phone, etc. I thought this would make it feel like work but I get way more engrossed in the text and feel a lot more accomplished and satisfied afterwards.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Mt Dew Baja Blast is good poo poo.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
amazon told me that my order of a 24 pack of "beef" flavor ramen will get here much earlier than they said initially so that's cool.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Julius CSAR posted:

I’m out of weed. Soon to be out of my anti depressants. No car, running very low in food. No money, no job. My life loving sucks right now 😔 I’m near tears just writing this. Feels good to talk about it though.

Ygpm

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dell_Zincht posted:

Did they create the ice cream as a tribute to him?

Probably. Ben and Jerry are big liberals and actually pretty cool guys.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Julius CSAR posted:

I知 out of weed. Soon to be out of my anti depressants. No car, running very low in food. No money, no job. My life loving sucks right now 😔 I知 near tears just writing this. Feels good to talk about it though.

:sympathy:

You're a tough dude.

You're an Airman. You can get through this.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

kazr posted:

What's your camping food situation?

Itll just be weekend trips so probably a tin of beans and some hotdogs. Maybe a bag of chips.

And a shitload of weed.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I started playing guitar again and my fingers hurt

maybe I'll finally figure out the finger picking pattern for blackbird this time

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Julius CSAR posted:

Dude that sucks. Do you need help? if you need food i can get some beans and rice from amazon from you maybe. i can look into at least.. do you have any resources in your community that can send out food or have food for needy that you can pick up? if you need anything, please pm me. i will be glad to help if i can!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Julius CSAR posted:

Smoking one for you bud