Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Away all Goats posted:

I started playing guitar again and my fingers hurt

maybe I'll finally figure out the finger picking pattern for blackbird this time

i got a guitar from a friend of a friend right before lockup for an absolute steal - frankly i wanted the amp they were selling it with more than the guitar which looked kinda like cheap beginner junk

except while it IS definitely a beginner guitar, it's actually a pretty nice one, and probably plays my favorite of all my electrics right now

was gonna call it the LOCKUP AXE and draw on it with sharpies and stuff like an absolute goober but it looks really nice in person and it's bright orange so i'm just gonna call it Goku

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

haunted bong posted:

Just chillin in my car on my lunch break at work, trying to process why old people are so goddamn mean all the time

It's because all the kind old people were scoured from the Earth long ago.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I just had to pop into work today and noticed that as of 3 weeks since oil prices slumped to the lowest in decades, our prices here in SLC are about 10 cents cheaper than before the slump. Everyone was selling 2.35 to 2.40 for 85 octane.
Did prices actually go down from the price war and EVERYONE working from home elsewhere?

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Hey everyone! Thanks for the kind wishes, I will be ok I think. I don’t really want to impose on anyone and I was able to grab some food for the next few days and then my disability payment comes through on the first. I’ll be all right, last night was really tough, didn’t mean to bring the thread down

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
im watching tiger king on netflix and i figured you had to be crazy to own a tiger zoo but holy fuckin poo poo these people are all batshit insane

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

My Spirit Otter posted:

im watching tiger king on netflix and i figured you had to be crazy to own a tiger zoo but holy fuckin poo poo these people are all batshit insane

My wife and I started watching this last night and the fact that there is a new twist every 10 minutes of every episode is amazing.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Dear Watson posted:

I just had to pop into work today and noticed that as of 3 weeks since oil prices slumped to the lowest in decades, our prices here in SLC are about 10 cents cheaper than before the slump. Everyone was selling 2.35 to 2.40 for 85 octane.
Did prices actually go down from the price war and EVERYONE working from home elsewhere?

Lowered demand = lower prices

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003
HOLY SHIT I JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT BIRDS IN CAGES. DID YOU KNOW PUTTING BIRDS IN CAGES MAKES YOU LITERALLY WORSE THAN HITLER? CAUSE IT DOES AND I WILL MAKE SURE YOU KNOW. I ALSO WANT YOU TO KISS YOURSELF IF YOU EVER THINK ABOUT PUTTING A BIRD IN A CAGE.
A lot of people feel now is the right time to invite NVJ back.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

tardwrangler posted:

A lot of people feel now is the right time to invite NVJ back.

A lot of people are clearly wrong

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

1redflag posted:

Lowered demand = lower prices

I guess I was expecting more than a 10 cent drop after the price of a bbl dropping to 2002 levels, and no one driving anymore

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

1redflag posted:

My wife and I started watching this last night and the fact that there is a new twist every 10 minutes of every episode is amazing.

no kidding, i thought it was gonna be more about the murder plot, but im just starting the 3rd episode and ive all but forgotten about the murder thing.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I bid on a guitar at a silent auction fundraiser for my buddy that has cancer and won it. I know absolutely nothing about playing guitar is there some YouTube video series or a website I can learn just a little bit I’d like to be able to play at least one simple thing badly.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
I hear Rocksmith actually works really well

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Dell_Zincht posted:

Did they create the ice cream as a tribute to him?

they made cherry garcia in 1987! and while jerry was known to prefer vanilla haagen-dazs (and cocaine) (and heroin) i'm sure he ate an appreciable amount of this as well

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

when he died they used black cherries for a while

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Julius CSAR posted:

Hey everyone! Thanks for the kind wishes, I will be ok I think. I don’t really want to impose on anyone and I was able to grab some food for the next few days and then my disability payment comes through on the first. I’ll be all right, last night was really tough, didn’t mean to bring the thread down

Yeah this is supposed to be a non-current events thread but I don't like seeing good goons suffer. I'm disabled as well and am technically a veteran and I don't spend much money so I'm here if you need help.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
RONA 'The How To People'

do they have RONA in the states

there's one by my house

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I've decided that Braeburns are the best apple

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Ratjaculation posted:

I've decided that Braeburns are the best apple

Nope! It's Gala actually. Good effort though.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Julius CSAR posted:

I second this. It also allows you to have a ton of different amplifier effects without having to buy an amp

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

bird with big dick posted:

I bid on a guitar at a silent auction fundraiser for my buddy that has cancer and won it. I know absolutely nothing about playing guitar is there some YouTube video series or a website I can learn just a little bit I’d like to be able to play at least one simple thing badly.

is it an acoustic or an electric

Julius CSAR posted:

rocksmith 2014 on pc is super moddable with custom songs and is by far, hands-down the best guitar learning tool i've ever used. but it really requires the cable, imho, there's enough variables involved in getting it all to work together nicely already that you're probably not going to want to introduce more by loving with your PC mic and audio lag and stuff

anyway for free options for learning you should check out some tabs at ultimate-guitar.com, tabs are just a buncha numbers basically overlaid on a representation of the strings. fret at that number, bam, music comes out of your guitar. you're usually on your own for working out timings etc so it's a good way to learn to play songs you already enjoy. you will very quickly and naturally start to pick up things like "power chord" shapes by doing this even though you won't realize that's what you're doing.

there's also about a million bajillion ways to learn chords, if you have a printer i'd honestly maybe just print off a chord chart cheat sheet. good chords to practice for beginners are E, A, G and D, if you want to get fancy and stretch your hand a bit more start learning C and F

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Nope! It's Gala actually. Good effort though.

blocked

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just :lol: if you aren't eating a delicious lunchbox sized pink lady.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

food court bailiff posted:

is it an acoustic or an electric

Lectric

quote:

rocksmith 2014 on pc is super moddable with custom songs and is by far, hands-down the best guitar learning tool i've ever used. but it really requires the cable, imho

This is what I was just gonna ask. I'll order one from Amazon probably.

quote:

anyway for free options for learning you should check out some tabs at ultimate-guitar.com, tabs are just a buncha numbers basically overlaid on a representation of the strings. fret at that number, bam, music comes out of your guitar. you're usually on your own for working out timings etc so it's a good way to learn to play songs you already enjoy. you will very quickly and naturally start to pick up things like "power chord" shapes by doing this even though you won't realize that's what you're doing.

there's also about a million bajillion ways to learn chords, if you have a printer i'd honestly maybe just print off a chord chart cheat sheet. good chords to practice for beginners are E, A, G and D, if you want to get fancy and stretch your hand a bit more start learning C and F

Thanks!

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
love the color!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm working on crossing Pink Lady apples and Gala apples. The result will be called Lady Gala.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Oscar Wild posted:

I'm working on crossing Pink Lady apples and Gala apples. The result will be called Lady Gala.

haha

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

Dr. Heart Collapse posted:

RONA 'The How To People'

do they have RONA in the states

there's one by my house

no they dont. also gotta admit that store was the first thing to come to mind as well

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

That sure is pretty.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

From someone who exclusively plays Gretsch guitars. Good choice. :hai:

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

Just :lol: if you aren't eating a delicious lunchbox sized pink lady.

i'm looking for a lunchbox lady, it could be pinku (that's japanese for pink)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Mozi posted:

i'm looking for a lunchbox lady, it could be pinku (that's japanese for pink)

I'm trying to catch them all. Looking now for pinkuchu.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'm running out the clock before I can close up this laptop until tomorrow when I have to do all the work I out off today.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost

Literally A Person posted:

I'm trying to catch them all. Looking now for pinkuchu.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Oscar Wild posted:

Pink Gal was right there

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Great now my laptop is broken because I threw a ball at it as hard as I could and I didn't even catch pinkuchu.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
better use a potion

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

1redflag posted:

Pink Gal was right there

It's a play of words on Lady Gaga. :eng101:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I understood the joke, but reference humor is cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i realized that my webcam can take photos so i took a few of myself. i tried to go for a chiaroscuro effect but i have no artistic talent and suck

anyway here is one