Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

In my case I want an ATA adapter because I want to re-use existing phone wire that already exists and I have a super basic corded phone to use with it. If I got some fancy cordless phone, Id have to sort out electrical for where I want to put it. Well never use it for our primary phone, it will exist specifically for emergencies when our kids are old enough to stay at home by themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Just bought a DID with e911 service through voip.ms and used a polycom/obihai200 for my sip ATA. Super easy to set up with tls, grabbed a sweet number that includes my address #.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Sep 12, 2020