Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
We desperately need advances in technology to remove carbon and other lovely things from our atmosphere. This technology is referred to as Direct Air Capture. We already have some, and here's an example.

https://www.eenewspower.com/news/room-temperature-carbon-capture-tech-uses-liquid-gallium

I believe that direct air capture is the only realistic way we will get our climate problem under control because the major sources of carbon emissions will not stop. We cannot rely on governments to enforce carbon emission reduction, and we cannot rely on the producers of carbon emissions to give a gently caress either. So basically this is something where we will not be able to rely on the planet to clean its atmosphere faster than we gently caress it up, so the only way forward is to clean the atmosphere actively.

There is a good byproduct of direct air capture, which is the production of elemental carbon. Direct air capture can be a source of graphene, and having a cheap source of that would be great for other technological fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU