Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

RepeatingMeme posted:

Huh, i guess we got the good ending after all

An ending that isn't good for Babe is an ending that isn't good for anyone :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
>fight lamp

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

nockturne posted:

There hasn't been this much disappointment at an ending since Mass Effect 3.

:(
There were only three endings and all they did was change the balls colour

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~

is what i posted, for reference.

Also we never discovered the full alphabet :/

I assume B/R are interchangable therefore my C/K substitution was also valid :ssh:

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice
the adventures of satan - Rating: 4.92 | 283 votes. Replies: 1,901. Views: 269,862

First act: 68 scenes. Second act: 54 scenes. Third act: 111 scenes.

Total scenes: 233

hey, it's bob - Rating: 4.9 | 306 votes Replies: 1,677. Views: 221,300

Total scenes: 90

endtimes.exe - Rating: 4.84 | 273 votes Replies: 2,117. Views: 245,914

Total scenes: 118

MH370.exe - Rating: 4.77 | 182 votes Replies: 1,182. Views: 191,567

Total scenes: 43

Let's Play Bendyman: The Eight Pages - Rating: 4.93 | 290 votes Replies: 981. Views: 134,111

Total scenes: 69

IS.exe - Rating: 4.88 | 331 votes Replies: 2,448. Views: 350,984

Total scenes: 70

1848.exe - Rating: 4.55 | 131 votes Replies: 1,282. Views: 80,685

Total scenes: 63

corona.exe - Rating: 4.76 | 132 votes Replies: 1,523. Views: 91,261

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
I still stand by my decision that we kept our PPE on, tainted our femur swords with the potion and attack the creature. If we have to put Babe out of her misery, then so be it. Honor Babe. :rip:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

How far ahead do you try and plan the stories based on your experience with goons?

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe

Atma posted:

the adventures of satan - Rating: 4.92 | 283 votes. Replies: 1,901. Views: 269,862

First act: 68 scenes. Second act: 54 scenes. Third act: 111 scenes.

Total scenes: 233

hey, it's bob - Rating: 4.9 | 306 votes Replies: 1,677. Views: 221,300

endtimes.exe - Rating: 4.84 | 273 votes Replies: 2,117. Views: 245,914

Total scenes: 118

MH370.exe - Rating: 4.77 | 182 votes Replies: 1,182. Views: 191,567

Total scenes: 43

Let's Play Bendyman: The Eight Pages - Rating: 4.93 | 290 votes Replies: 981. Views: 134,111

Total scenes: 69

IS.exe - Rating: 4.88 | 331 votes Replies: 2,448. Views: 350,984

Total scenes: 70

1848.exe - Rating: 4.55 | 131 votes Replies: 1,282. Views: 80,685

Total scenes: 63

corona.exe - Rating: 4.76 | 132 votes Replies: 1,523. Views: 91,261

Please Atma, I know its an ask. Would you have the good ending to this or the Bendy man saga.

It's been a poo poo week and it would help. If not it's cool. I'm just happy you still post.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Another goon ending. Good poo poo atma

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Adventures of Satan is still my favorite. But thanks again for running this

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Foul Ole Ron posted:

Please Atma, I know its an ask. Would you have the good ending to this or the Bendy man saga.

It's been a poo poo week and it would help. If not it's cool. I'm just happy you still post.

Can't we just reload an earlier save? I'm so emotionally invested in saving Babe :(

Edit: it can't end...like this!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

nockturne posted:

Can't we just reload an earlier save? I'm so emotionally invested in saving Babe :(

Babe is a very, very good girl. Or boy. Or whatever, the point is she deserves much better.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

nockturne posted:

Sorry dude.

freelop posted:

How far ahead do you try and plan the stories based on your experience with goons?

Nowadays, I don't make any new scene until there is a decision to go there. I used to make a lot of stuff that never got used. Now everything is made-to-order.

Although I did make the boss a couple screens earlier because I knew it would take awhile to make.

RC Cola posted:

Adventures of Satan is still my favorite. But thanks again for running this

I did Satan at a time when I had no job and no kid.

Now I have job and kid. For this one, I was able to update once a night when I was lucky. I had to change a diaper even while writing this reply.

For Satan, I remember sitting at my computer all day and entering almost every command that came along.

I would like to run one like that again, but it is difficult. Maybe on a smaller scale.

The Protagonist posted:

Another goon ending. Good poo poo atma

Thanks dude. Goons gonna goon. No pissing in this one, and just one poo poo. Not bad imo.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

Shankel Magnus posted:

Sweet! We unlocked the “I have no mouth and I must scream ending.”

Very first reply was someone recognizing that.

Nice.

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Atma posted:

Sorry dude.
Not even a special DLC for your loyal fans? Unlockable secret ending?

quote:

Nowadays, I don't make any new scene until there is a decision to go there. I used to make a lot of stuff that never got used. Now everything is made-to-order.

Although I did make the boss a couple screens earlier because I knew it would take awhile to make.

I did Satan at a time when I had no job and no kid.

Now I have job and kid. For this one, I was able to update once a night when I was lucky. I had to change a diaper even while writing this reply.

For Satan, I remember sitting at my computer all day and entering almost every command that came along.

I would like to run one like that again, but it is difficult. Maybe on a smaller scale.

Thanks dude. Goons gonna goon. No pissing in this one, and just one poo poo. Not bad imo.

Well you need a patreon to hire a babysitter then! (I'll make the website...)

Thanks though for much needed entertainment, Babe will go on in my heart anyhow <3

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Nice, op. I'll mine this when you're ready.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Nice, op. I'll mine this when you're ready.

Let's close it on Monday if that's cool. Will respond til then.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Atma posted:

Let's close it on Monday if that's cool. Will respond til then.

Hey just wanted to say thanks for doing these. I was unaware of your past threads until I stumbled across this one, and read everything in the last few weeks.

Really cool, great entertainment, much appreciated.

TwingeCrag
Feb 6, 2007

I got a Phd in Badassery
This thread, and every atma thread, deserves the a high amount of fives. Hi-fives.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Which CYOA did you have the most fun making? endtimes.exe was my personal favorite of all of them, for tying all the Satan/Bob stuff together

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

beanieson posted:

Hey just wanted to say thanks for doing these. I was unaware of your past threads until I stumbled across this one, and read everything in the last few weeks.

Really cool, great entertainment, much appreciated.

thx dood np

TwingeCrag posted:

This thread, and every atma thread, deserves the a high amount of fives. Hi-fives.

ya man

Homura and Sickle posted:

Which CYOA did you have the most fun making? endtimes.exe was my personal favorite of all of them, for tying all the Satan/Bob stuff together

I like them all in a different way... each time I was trying to do something a little different.

I guess satan is the most memorable to me because it was so long... but yes endtimes was more satisfying because it was the first time I set out with some kind of story to tell. I like to think everything happens in the same universe... if I did another one I feel like satan needs to be involved somehow.

Bendyman ended up being a lot of fun, but not because of me. I intended to make it just a weird "lets play" kind of thing, but it ended up going somewhere better than I thought of.

MH370 I like a lot because it is very simple and I had a lot of fun with the animations. Especially Wolf Blitzer being executed and the barrel roll raft thing.

1848 wasn't very popular but in my head it was going to be a thing where staying warm was a big deal. Kind of like a survival game. That kind of unravelled quickly and I should've known better. Simple is best.

I dunno... they were all a lot of fun for me in different ways. I never played D&D and I think if I did I would wanted to have been a DM. I guess these are me wanting to be a DM all those wasted years.

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

Was definitely only aware of your threads from goldmine / front-page stuff. Holy poo poo that seems like a ton of effort, but thanks so much for putting it all on for us!

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Atma, just thank you for doing this. I always enjoy your threads and this one was well timed.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

IS.exe is my favorite because of Melek Taus and the Best Ending, but they're all great, this one was great too and I hope we get more down the road.

McPhearson
Aug 4, 2007

Hot Damn!

nockturne posted:

Well you need a patreon to hire a babysitter then! (I'll make the website...)

It looks like they have a patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Atmaz

I should start donating so they can get more than $8/adventure.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Mostly lurked in this, but just wanted to say these are always great Atma. Another harrowing adventure.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
Cheers Atma. Good thread.

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Thanks again, atma.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

It was like watching a death montage. Bad idea, eh Larry?

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

many thanks atma!

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
We discovered the secret of big rona but we failed to lift the curse of big rona :hb:

Thanks for a solid adventure, Atma

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Great topic(s), Atma! :bubblewoop:

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

McPhearson posted:

It looks like they have a patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Atmaz

I should start donating so they can get more than $8/adventure.

Hey sorry I should've mentioned... don't worry about that page anymore. I'm too busy to commit to that anymore. I need to shut down the page once I figure out how.

I appreciate it though.

Atma
Sep 16, 2002

College Slice

yr new gurlfrand! posted:

We discovered the secret of big rona but we failed to lift the curse of big rona :hb:

Thanks for a solid adventure, Atma

The player only discovered part of the secret behind the virus.

There was a much more nefarious conspiracy involved.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Atma posted:

The player only discovered part of the secret behind the virus.

There was a much more nefarious conspiracy involved.

You tease. Excellent work as always!

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

McSpanky posted:

IS.exe is my favorite because of Melek Taus and the Best Ending, but they're all great, this one was great too and I hope we get more down the road.

IS.exe made me laugh harder than anything I’ve read in a long time. The third panel, where the player is in the exact same position as the start of the game but with a welt on his forehead and his chamber pot all over him is comedy frickin gold.

This was incredible, Atma, you truly are a genius.

Papa Emeritus III
Jul 7, 2017

[A MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

Dat's Pussy Trap, bitch!

Deal with it.
I've mentioned it earlier in the thread but I ADORE these threads of yours. They're always fun, no matter the outcome and the art is wonderful.

Looking forward to the next one.

PS: This thread deserves a gang tag.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Papa Emeritus III posted:

I've mentioned it earlier in the thread but I ADORE these threads of yours. They're always fun, no matter the outcome and the art is wonderful.

Looking forward to the next one.

PS: This thread deserves a gang tag.

I agree but I'm too depressed about losing Babe so I took these from IS, also I'm bad at Photoshop so if anyone wants to spice these up go ahead.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

McSpanky posted:

I agree but I'm too depressed about losing Babe so I took these from IS, also I'm bad at Photoshop so if anyone wants to spice these up go ahead.

Wowzers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat
Thanks for doing these Atma! I caught up on the other threads while this one was ongoing (had only participated in IS before) and they're brilliant.

I'm hoping in a future thread we're able to either save Babe or at least put her out of her misery :(