Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually given that reaction and the way some of those votes went down.

##unvote

something stinks.

And I think it's hal and yuming.

Hal , aside from thirdvote, has had some bad takes this game.

yuming just backing off of a case she's been pushing almost 2 hours before deadline to just jump on this vote seems , really bad tbh.

@everyone what do you think about these two votes specifically?

What about your vote?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Mr. Steak posted:

um?

no i meant was what is the expectation that i am currently betraying. do you normally see me as town.....?

I expect you to be active and driving town discussion, being a forward piece and being vocal and pushing your own theories. You have done a lot of "+1" this game.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
To answer TF's question

Here is my suspicion list

Amni/Cpig - one of these is scum but I am not sure which, it may be both.
Hal - Started the run on Steak without building a case, which really feels like a last minute bandwagon that ran out of steam. The closest case he makes is that Steak is off, which I do agree with actually but from Hal it seemed weak.
DB - lurking
Ernie - lurking
Steak - Steak is not being anywhere near as annoying and a central figure as normal, while normally Steak screams scum to me. This new steak doesn't but it is very different. This is a pure Meta read.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Token Female posted:

What about your vote?

It was retracted when I saw steaks reaction to the vote swing.

Though the snark instead of actually taking a look at and answering my questions is interesting.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the argument of "steak's playing contrary to his average game" completely discounts alignment.

it might make sense about another person, because statistically people roll town more than scum, so a deviation from the "average" would probably mean scum.

but in my case, thats patently untrue. i have a history of rolling scum approximately 50% of the time. so a deviation from my "normal" meta is completely neutral.

heres all the games ive played in, as of a couple months ago:

since then i played in mythfia (scum), cartoon mafia (town), and hospital 3 (town)

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am actively playing DnD right now so my attention is divided.

I actually have the opposite feeling about the votes on steak. They are players whose reads I've agreed with.

CPig is the one with cold feet which is what I am finding suspicious atm.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

CapitalistPig posted:

It was retracted when I saw steaks reaction to the vote swing.

Though the snark instead of actually taking a look at and answering my questions is interesting.

I think all three of the votes are suspicious for their timing and that multiple people in the group didn't really say anything about steak earlier. And I didn't like you trying to downplay your contribution by saying how the other two votes, those are the problematic ones, while your vote (the last of the three that brought Steak to -1) is somehow fine because you unvoted later. You brought him two -1. It's worth talking about. Why?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yuming posted:

I am actively playing DnD right now so my attention is divided.

I actually have the opposite feeling about the votes on steak. They are players whose reads I've agreed with.

CPig is the one with cold feet which is what I am finding suspicious atm.

ok but what about their reads on specifically me do you like?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Token Female posted:

I think all three of the votes are suspicious for their timing and that multiple people in the group didn't really say anything about steak earlier. And I didn't like you trying to downplay your contribution by saying how the other two votes, those are the problematic ones, while your vote (the last of the three that brought Steak to -1) is somehow fine because you unvoted later. You brought him two -1. It's worth talking about. Why?

I also wasn't being snarky. It's a legitimate question. Why downplay the point?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Token Female posted:

Thanks for actually answering.

Why?

Laziness.

Desire for there not to be a no lunch.

But then steak came in with a flurry of posts and people were talking so I wanted to unvote and actually talk about it a little.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'm embracing the power of and.

I think there was a mixture of scum and town on the vote based on the speed and the bandwagon ran out of fuel.

##vote Hal

Hal hasn't really made a serious case on anyone this game and admits he is more cooking than scum hunting. Lots of posts, not so much content.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Token Female posted:

I also wasn't being snarky. It's a legitimate question. Why downplay the point?

I wasn't downplaying it all. I just know that I'm town and yumings vote looks really bad to me.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Steak posted:

ok but what about their reads on specifically me do you like?
I already commented on Mikujin and Amnistar's posts earlier in the day. You could've responded to me then.

re: Hal and CPig it is the end of the day, no one was around (until I started gaming) and I agree you're a better kill than Leith who I'm reading as town.

I have been talking about steak being scummy all day this isn't some surprising reversal <:mad:>

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Also my read of CPig atm is that he is scum with steak and he's trying to save him.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yuming posted:

I have been talking about steak being scummy all day this isn't some surprising reversal <:mad:>

i know. and i explicitly gave you credit for that.

but 3 of the votes were so very bad

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yuming posted:

Also my read of CPig atm is that he is scum with steak and he's trying to save him.

save this kind of stuff for after a scum flips. literally what use does that point serve right now?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

yuming posted:

Don't agree with this take,

If CPig was scum with steak, he wouldn't have put Steak at -1 for about 30 minutes.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Don't agree with this take,

If CPig was scum with steak, he wouldn't have put Steak at -1 for about 30 minutes.

well, he might. but he defo wouldnt back down so quickly from a vote that must have required strong bussing conviction to make in the first place

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(only posting that to preempt yuming's inevitable response. the topic is useless right now)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah tbh if I'm gonna bus someone as scum I am gonna loving bus the poo poo out of them.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
We have 35 minutes. I want to kill DB, xopods, or steak.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah tbh if I'm gonna bus someone as scum I am gonna loving bus the poo poo out of them.

You could be trying to sucker another town to putting him at -1 and then dropping the hammer, but that scenario would mean steak is probably town.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yuming posted:

theres a little leeway cuz grandi is playing DND.

but we should probably converge on someone soon, yes

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

yuming posted:

I could see the DB vote.

Steak is just feeling off to me. It is being too simple right now.

xopods, I am not seeing it tonight.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thoughts on hal, yuming?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, im getting in the shower now.

if this is my last post before dying, have fun!

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Steak posted:

thoughts on hal, yuming?
I am terrible at reading Hal, so I try to lean on trusting him because when he is town he is nice and sensible to have around.

The worst thing about his posting is he hasn't voted until EOD both D1 and D2.

That is a lot of words to say I have a neutral read :sparkles:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry tokes, I always use that but I thought this TF thing was the new deal

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I was scum with him in telephone mafia, he is drat hard to read.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Leith Maclaine posted:

I was scum with him in telephone mafia, he is drat hard to read.

him being Hal

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Steak, I voted for you because I wasn't feeling Leith or DB and you have seemed off to me, nothing specific I suppose. I don't think the "look at my other games" is a great defense either

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will switch if people feel stronger about someone else

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hal Incandenza posted:

Steak, I voted for you because I wasn't feeling Leith or DB and you have seemed off to me, nothing specific I suppose. I don't think the "look at my other games" is a great defense either

how else do you expect me to respond to a case of "look at steak's other games"

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

How many people would consider DB?

I know yuming and myself,

Anyone else?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
##vote DB

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

Anyone else?

I would.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Anyone else?

I would consider it

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Sorry I've been gone for the last half hour. Baby vomit...

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Anyone else?

um, i guess i'd survival-vote him.

##vote db

tbh i keep forgetting he's in the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

##vote DB

He has only made a case against TF when really pushed and after he admitted to needing to be more active. Hasn't been around to back it up.