Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
....im sorry if im coming across as abrasive today, yuming. none of it is personal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

So let me get this straight, someone who you suspect might be scum instead of defending themselves tries to deflect attention to another player and that's a strange justification to you?

Given ernies flip is completely irrelevant because you are looking at an event from before he flipped and I didn't know he was scum.
I've said like twice I am imagining you as scum with Ernie-- and that an I'm imagining a connection to steak as well. From that perspective that posts stands out to me. But I understand that is some tenuous reasoning so I am leaving it as a what-if possibility.

I'm just trying to figure out this game and I think I made good points in light of Ernie's flip. But I can't get a strong read on who is scum besides steak.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if your 1 presupposition isn't leading you anywhere, despite your best efforts, maybe the presupposition is wrong.

i understand that you're going to be stubborn about this, but on the unlikely chance that you're actually town, please at least humor the idea of me being town, and see if you can read anybody differently, and if anything becomes any clearer than it is now.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

I've said like twice I am imagining you as scum with Ernie-- and that an I'm imagining a connection to steak as well. From that perspective that posts stands out to me. But I understand that is some tenuous reasoning so I am leaving it as a what-if possibility.

I'm just trying to figure out this game and I think I made good points in light of Ernie's flip. But I can't get a strong read on who is scum besides steak.

That's not really what you were saying though. You leaned on it being scummy that I said ernie's name in a perfectly reasonable way.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Mr. Steak posted:

....im sorry if im coming across as abrasive today, yuming. none of it is personal
It's no worries, I am just in a grumpy mood.

CPig, I wouldn't say I using the vig as a bargaining chip I am just trying to give players time to post reads.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

That's not really what you were saying though. You leaned on it being scummy that I said ernie's name in a perfectly reasonable way.
I don't follow what you're trying to say here.

I was looking for connections to Ernie and I said that stood out.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

I don't follow what you're trying to say here.

I was looking for connections to Ernie and I said that stood out.

It just seems pretty flimsy that of anything that was said about ernie or that ernie talked about that's the "connection" you chose to bring up.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

It just seems pretty flimsy that of anything that was said about ernie or that ernie talked about that's the "connection" you chose to bring up.
ABOUT YOU. Yes.

I quoted a series of posts by Ernie/steak/Hal and Mikujin before that.

It reads to me like CPig only read when I mentioned him and none of my other comments about D1.

This makes me more suspicious of CPig.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

ABOUT YOU. Yes.

I quoted a series of posts by Ernie/steak/Hal and Mikujin before that.

It reads to me like CPig only read when I mentioned him and none of my other comments about D1.

This makes me more suspicious of CPig.

You're missing the point.

Why even bother to bring it up if it's this flimsy and not actually scummy at all?

Were you required to give an opinion about every single interaction ernie had in the entire game regardless of whether or not it was scummy?

It was literally just white noise filler with no actual purpose other than something you could point to later on if you happen to push a lunch on me or use your vig on me.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Okay Steak,

Since you are going to lightning rod yourself to eat the kill.

Which 3P are you?

3P is specifically mentioned in the OP.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leith Maclaine posted:

Okay Steak,

Which 3P are you?

hm, i forgot about that. i wonder if thats an explicit acknowledgement of 3p existing, or just a general statement. but no, im town

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I've caught up with the thread. I haven't read Ernies posts yet. I'll do that later this morning or early this afternoon (eastern time).
There's a couple of posts that stick out:

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont love using this kind of reasoning, but........

ernie never expressed a desire to replace out in thread. and i dont think conversations about replacing out of mafia games happen in the public discord. i surely didn't see anything.

needless to say, i'll also be heavily rereading cpig today

I don't like this post. It seems desperate to latch on to any kind of slip. Also I said the same thing at the end of day 2 in this thread as well about Grandi posting in the other thread. Not looking in the other thread is less of an excuse.

yuming posted:

Finally, the swing of the votes yesterday makes me suspicious of steak.

However, I have an opposite read here. I can't shake my theory that CPig and steak are both scum.

eeeh, it is pretty weak so I will just leave it for now.

steak is scum ##vote steak

What about the swing of votes yesterday make you suspicious of steak? About how it switched to DB? Weren't you the first to vote for DB in that group?

Leith Maclaine posted:

Okay Steak,

Which 3P are you?

Which 3p? this feels like it implies that there is more than 1 3p? Are you saying that you're 3p?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I meant which role is the 3P in this one.

I am not a 3P, nor do I know if there are multiple 3P.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

I meant which role is the 3P in this one.

I am not a 3P, nor do I know if there are multiple 3P.

I see. I might have been reading to much into that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Timing, shoot someone with more than 12 hours left in the game please. I dont want to scramble to get a lunch today if you wait too long.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

...Yuming

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Amnistar posted:

Timing, shoot someone with more than 12 hours left in the game please. I dont want to scramble to get a lunch today if you wait too long.

the deadline's tomorrow in like 34 hours.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Token Female posted:

the deadline's tomorrow in like 34 hours.

Oh I see what you're saying. I thought to said that there was 12 hours until the deadline. Nevermind.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Yeah. Sorry if that was unclear.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
kk, good idea. I will be back in a bit.

##shoot mr. steak

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak Town-aligned Easy Shepard's Pie has been shot D3.

The Day Continues.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (7): Amnistar, CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Mikujin, Token Female, yuming

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 11th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 9 hours.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak's Easy Shepherd’s Pie

by Elise Bauer (edited by Steak)

Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Serves 4

INGREDIENTS

1 1/2 to 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 3 large potatoes)

8 Tablespoons (1 stick) butter

1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)

1-2 cups vegetables (eg: diced carrots, corn, peas)

1 1/2 lbs ground beef

1/2 cup beef broth

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice

STEPS

Boil the potatoes
Place the peeled and quartered potatoes in medium sized pot. Cover with at least an inch of cold water. Add a teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until tender (about 20 minutes).
Sauté vegetables
While the potatoes are cooking, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter in a large sauté pan on medium heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until tender (about 6 to 10 minutes).

Add vegetables according to their cooking time. Carrots should be cooked with the onions, because they take as long to cook as the onions do. If you are including peas or corn, add them toward the end of the cooking of the onions, or after the meat starts to cook, as they take very little cooking time.

Add more stuff
Add ground beef to the pan with the onions and vegetables. Cook until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.

Then, add the Worcestershire sauce and beef broth. Bring the broth to a simmer and reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, adding more beef broth if necessary to keep the meat from drying out.

Mash the potatoes
When the potatoes are done cooking (ie: a fork can easily pierce them), remove them from the pot and place them in a bowl with the remaining 4 Tbsp of butter. Mash with a fork or potato masher, and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Create masterpiece within casserole dish
Begin preheating oven to 400°F. Spread the beef/onion/veggie mixture evenly in a large baking dish (9x13 casserole recommended)

Spread the mashed potatoes over the ground beef. Rough up the surface of the mashed potatoes with a fork so there are peaks that will get well browned (this step is monumentally important!!) You can even use a fork to make creative designs in the mashed potatoes.

Bake
Place in 400°F oven and cook until browned and bubbling (about 30 minutes). If necessary, broil for the last few minutes to help the surface of the mashed potatoes brown.

Serve
Cut into squares with a spatula and serve. I try to keep the structure relatively intact, but it ultimately doesn't matter how destroyed it is

Mr. Steak's Easy Shepherd’s Pie is worth 25 points.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote leith

Your list wasn't updated and has nothing in consideration from later days for many people. You are pushing a dichotomy between cpig and I based on a day 1 fight, and I dont think you're invested in finding scum.

Steak, I'm sorry you werent having fun early and I pushed for your death as hard as I did.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Bleh. Time to reread again.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Reading over Ernie's post history, I'm really taken by how strongly Ernie defends CPig. It actually makes me feel better about CPig. I don't feel like scum would defend their own so hard on day 1 like that.

Additionally, Ernie asks people to also read his past games. Why do people do this?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Amnistar posted:

##vote leith

Your list wasn't updated and has nothing in consideration from later days for many people. You are pushing a dichotomy between cpig and I based on a day 1 fight, and I dont think you're invested in finding scum.

Steak, I'm sorry you werent having fun early and I pushed for your death as hard as I did.

Yeah, leith's reads on everyone are basically the same. There's no real conviction for anything. Plus there's no interaction between him and Ernie, while ernie was around. All there is is asking for ernie to post his opinion late day 2. I would still vote for Leith.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Token Female posted:

Reading over Ernie's post history, I'm really taken by how strongly Ernie defends CPig. It actually makes me feel better about CPig. I don't feel like scum would defend their own so hard on day 1 like that.

I know, it's amazing how yuming chose to call me out for the weakest flimsiest possible connection to me instead of noticing that.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Token Female posted:

Additionally, Ernie asks people to also read his past games. Why do people do this?
That's a good point.

What I'm trying to do atm is suspend my tone reads on players and pay more attention to their motivation and timing.

So far so, far...

Scum POV is D1 Ernie had some attention but not much. By EOD happy to let the Sal kill happen.
Scum POV D2 is a choice between two town so happy with either.
Scum POV now is waiting for the likely steak kill to happen.

This is making me lean back towards being suspicious of less engaged players like Hal and Mikujin.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CapitalistPig posted:

I know, it's amazing how yuming chose to call me out for the weakest flimsiest possible connection to me instead of noticing that.
Oh come off it <:mad:>

Like I just said I'm going to try and suspend my conspiracy theories, those are my worst reads.

I think we need to look for who doesn't care about figuring out this game.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

yuming posted:

This is making me lean back towards being suspicious of less engaged players like Hal and Mikujin.

Why not Leith?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Token Female posted:

Why not Leith?
I have read him as town because he seems different than the last game I played as where he was scum.

Which is the kind of read I just said I wanted to ignore for the moment :sparkles:

I am still on D1. So I'll report back when I'm done reading.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I would point out that I was making an argument the cpig was not busing Steak which turns out to have been true.

I also encouraged yuming to vig either cpig or amnistar instead of Steak.

My convictions are:

Cpig/Amni one of these two

and

Hal

Adding in the 3P potential, we could have all 3 should be lunchs.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

I would point out that I was making an argument the cpig was not busing Steak which turns out to have been true.

I also encouraged yuming to vig either cpig or amnistar instead of Steak.

My convictions are:

Cpig/Amni one of these two

and

Hal

Adding in the 3P potential, we could have all 3 should be lunchs.

Aside from the early day 1 stuff, why do you find amnistar and CPig scummy? Do you find one more scummy than the other?

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Token Female posted:

Aside from the early day 1 stuff, why do you find amnistar and CPig scummy? Do you find one more scummy than the other?

That's the thing, I find both of them about equal so it is hard to say.

I am actually more thinking the D2 stuff with the Bus and the Roleblock puts them in a thunderdome unless they are both scum and coordinated it to give the other one cred.

Amni votes someone early and then tends to stay on them awhile. He hasn't really built a case. For example, his case on me is that my opinion hasn't changed much, but he did note that my opinion pretty clearly matched him.

Cpig's votes move a decent amount but seem to always move between people who turn out to be town. Add with the defense of Ernie.

I think I would lean CPig being more scummy but I am not discounting both.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

yuming posted:

Oh come off it <:mad:>

Like I just said I'm going to try and suspend my conspiracy theories, those are my worst reads.

I think we need to look for who doesn't care about figuring out this game.

Yeah but I think you're scum?

Why would I come off it?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

Amni votes someone early and then tends to stay on them awhile. He hasn't really built a case. For example, his case on me is that my opinion hasn't changed much, but he did note that my opinion pretty clearly matched him.

That last part is actually a decent point.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Token Female posted:

That last part is actually a decent point.

Yeah it actually is.

I've been suspicious of Amni like, the whole game.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I didn't start taking pictures until it was already done but here is my pantry staple!

Coconut ginger brown rice!

I have some coconut oil that has a good coconut flavor instead of being very neutral and flavorless like a lot of coconut oils are.

I also have some very strong vegetable oil that I cooked a whole bunch of fresh ginger in and then let sit for days to infuse it into a powerful ginger oil.

I cooked the brown rice as per the normal directions but I added these two oils plus about two tablespoons of coconut milk.

I wish i remembered to start taking pictures before I did.

More to come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Can you point to where I said my opinion was yours leith? I'm struggling to remember doing that.