Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

##vote DB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
so be it

##vote DB

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Leith Maclaine posted:

##vote DB

He has only made a case against TF when really pushed and after he admitted to needing to be more active. Hasn't been around to back it up.

He also make a half hearted vote against Hal on day 1, that he backed down from, and thought that it would buy him townie cred.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
DB is at -1.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote DB

better than a no-cuddle.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

:redhammer:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dick Bastardly Town-aligned Greek Wrap with Ham has been knocked off of the Buffet table d2.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dick Bastardly (6): yuming, yuming, yuming, Mr. Steak, Leith Maclaine, Token Female, CapitalistPig, Amnistar
Mr. Steak (2): Amnistar, Mikujin, Hal Incandenza, yuming, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, yuming, Amnistar
Token Female (1): Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, Dick Bastardly
Mikujin (1): xopods, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
Amnistar (0): CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak
CapitalistPig (0): Amnistar, Amnistar
Hal Incandenza (0): Mr. Steak, Leith Maclaine, Mr. Steak, Leith Maclaine
Leith Maclaine (0): Token Female, Mr. Steak, CapitalistPig, CapitalistPig, Mr. Steak, Token Female
xopods (0): Mr. Steak, Mr. Steak

Not Voting (1): Ernie.

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2020 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 minutes.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Grandicap posted:

Dick Bastardly Town-aligned Greek Wrap with Ham has been knocked off of the Buffet table d2.

Okay, I want this recipe.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Dick Bastardly Greek Salad (with ham) wrap is worth 20 points.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I can manage that.

Between gyros and this wrap I wish I would've saved that lamb I had for dinner the other night.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I made lasagna and brownies with my wife and missed out on all the action. :(

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:ghost: probs for the best as my work is ramping up to mega levels, couldn't be as involved as I should've and I apologize for that. Good luck all:ghost:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Canned olives? How did that guy not flip scum?

Hashtag #foodsnob

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I made something that could count as either merks recipe or DB's recipe.

I feel like it's closer to a gyro than a wrap though so we'll say its merks.

I had half a cucumber and some black olives left over from the greek lamb dinner the other day.

I had some pork belly as the only available meat I could devote to this purpose.

So I marinaded the pork belly in tzatziki and some extra lemon juice and olive oil overnight.

Got it set to put in the oven low and slow.

came out very nice.

I have these foldable rosemary and garlic flavored flatbreads.

put the things in the flatbread with some blue cheese because I have no feta and a shmear of tzatziki .

Pretty good gyroesque sandwich.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

xopods posted:

Canned olives? How did that guy not flip scum?

Hashtag #foodsnob

:ghost:I'm a monster, I know :negative::ghost:

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
open day.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@mod
please open day.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

We may have to playerkill Grandi for lurking.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mr. Steak posted:

@mod
please open day.

10pm EST, 24 hours after day closed.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
open day

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Xopods Town-aligned The Perfectionist's Spaghetti and Meatballs has died N2.

Ernie. SCUM-aligned Sprinkle Passion Buttermilk Cupcakes has been modkilled for inactivity N2.

D3 Starts now.

Grandicap fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 9, 2020

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Ernie's Sprinkle Passion Buttermilk Cupcakes

This entire recipe is a frankenstein's mix of recipes and techniques because the actual recipe I have is for an insane 3-layer cake. Should be fine, though! I'll make it in the next couple of days and send pics.

Cupcake Ingredients

quote:

Dry Ingredients (mix all together):
435g cake flour
350g sugar
3.6g kosher salt
7g baking soda

Wet Ingredients Round 1 (keep unmixed in bowl together, bring up to room temp):
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
250mL buttermilk, room temperature
30mL vegetable oil

Wet Ingredients Round 2 (mix all together):
5 large egg whites (read below to minimize waste)
1 large egg
10mL teaspoons vanilla extract

Optional: Birthday Sprinkles

Fillings Ingredients

quote:

White Chocolate Ganache Filling (easy substitute: cream cheese):
200g white chocolate chips
150g heavy cream
1/2 stick unsalted butter

Passionfruit Curd Filling (easy substitute: peach jam):
11 passionfruit
2 large egg yolks (waste minimization potential)
2 large eggs
150 grams sugar
1 stick butter

Chapter 1: The Day Before or The Morning of the Ganache

quote:

Pre-step 1: Boil Heavy Cream

Pre-step 2: Add boiling cream to a bowl filled with the white chocolate chips. Let sit for 1-2 minutes.

Pre-step 3: Melt butter on high heat in these two minutes. Let butter continue melting and go to next step. Can do separately if you're uncomfortable multi-tasking.

Pre-step 4: Come back to mix from pre-step 2. Whisk until white chocolate melts. Do not incorporate air. Add melted butter, keep whisking until even consistency. Do not incorporate air.

Pre-step 5: Refrigerate until set or 1 day.

Chapter 2: The Cupcakes

quote:

Step 1: Combine Dry Ingredients with Wet Ingredients Round 1 on a stand mixer on medium. If you don't have a stand mixer, cut up butter into tiny cubes in its mixture, press with the back of a forks' prongs to create a paste, add this paste mixture into the mixing bowl and whisk medium aggresively until you get a smooth mix).

Step 2: Add half of the Wet Ingredients Round 2. Beat until thickened.

Step 3: Add second half of the Wet Ingredeitns Round 2. Beat until you have batter.

Optional Step 3.5: Throw the birthday sprinkles in, mix batter by hand until evenly distributed.

Step 4: Fill 24 cupcake papers 2/3rds of the way and bake at 350C for 25 minutes.

Step 5: Let cool for an hour. Eat half of them if you must. We're going to do work in this hour!

Step 6: Take the Ganache out of the refrigerator, and let it come up to room temperature for this hour.

Chapter 3: The Passion Fruit Layer

quote:

Step 7: Strain the juice of 10 passionfruit through a strainer. If they get stuck, press lightly on the pulp with the back of a spoon or fork to get the juice flowing through the strainer again.

Step 8: Beat the eggs and sugar together.

Step 9: Melt butter over low heat, we are NOT caramelizing this. Add both Steps 6 and 7 to this. Mix until thickened.

Step 10: Add the juice + seeds from the last passionfruit.

Step 11: Refrigerate.

Chapter 4: The Assembly

quote:

Step 12: Cut the top part of the cupcakes off. You should have a crispy head and a soft bottom now.

Step 13: Cut the soft bottom further into two halves. That's right, we're about to layer cake!

Step 14: Whisk the room temperature ganache until fluffy. 1-2 minutes Should look like a warm cream-cheesy texture instead of a melted cheesy texture.

Step 15: Line up the thirds of the cupcakes you have in a production line. On the bottom third of a cupcake dollop some of the ganache. Spread evenly across with the back of a spoon. You're looking to get 1-2 millimetres of this layer. NOT THICK AT ALL.

Step 16: Lay on the next third of the cupcake. On-top of this layer, dollop some of the passion fruit curd. Spread evenly across with the back of a spoon. Same thickness as above.

Step 17: Bring the crispy head of the cupcake back to close out your sandwich. Serve with some whipped cream on the side if you like.

You have made my favourite birthday cake in the world.

Ernie's Sprinkle Passion Buttermilk Cupcakes are worth 25 points.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Xopod's The Perfectionist's Spaghetti and Meatballs

~3 oz. dried spaghetti per person
Salt (amt. depends on volume of water)
Dried parsley, finely grated parmesan and freshly ground black pepper for garnish

1/2 cup butter
1 can (800 mL/28 oz.) pureed tomatoes
1 medium onion, grated
1/2 tsp. white pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. honey

1 lb. lean ground beef
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely diced
1 tsp. crushed chili flakes
1 tsp. coarse black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. parsley (dried, or minced fresh if you've got it)
1 tsp. oregano (dried, or minced fresh if you've got it)
1 tbsp. tomato paste or ketchup
Splash of balsamic vinegar
1 egg
1/4 cup bread crumbs (possibly more if needed)

The meatballs

• Preheat oven to 425 F
  • Grab two onions, set the larger of the two aside for the sauce. Remove the skin from the smaller. Make perpendicular cuts almost but not all the way through starting from the end away from the stem. Then turn it on its side and cut crosswise to produce a fine dice. (You'll be left with a bit attached to the stem, you can just chop that off and chop it up in cruder fashion... just make sure you don't have any really big chunks, for the sake of the texture of the meatballs.)
  • Peel your garlic and mince it as finely as you have the patience for. Don't just crush it like a lazy loser.
  • Toss the onion, garlic and dry ingredients (inc. 1/4 cup bread crumbs) to mix.
  • Crack the egg right in there and add your tomato paste/ketchup, splash of vinegar and the meat. Knead with your hands until thoroughly mixed.
  • Add more breadcrumbs as needed so that it's not too wet and sticky. Maybe have a helper within earshot so they can do this without getting a bunch of raw meat in your jar of breadcrumbs.
  • Form into golf ball sized balls and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
  • Cook for about 10-12 minutes, then roll them over and cook for another ten or so. They should be a good dark brown on all sides, though it's inevitable that they'll be more seared where they touched the baking sheet.
  • If your sauce is ready at this point, add them directly to the pot. If not, set them aside and add them to the sauce when it's ready.

The sauce

• Remove the skin from the larger of your two onions. Leave the stem on because this will hold it together.
  • Grate the onion, using the coarsest side of your grater. Yes, it will sting your eyes and you will cry. Art is suffering. Try breathing through your mouth.
  • Melt butter in a pot on medium-low heat. Add the grated onion.
  • Let the onion saute for a few minutes. Don't let it burn or the butter get too brown.
  • Add your seasonings, stir with the onion, then stir in your can of tomatoes and the honey.
  • Simmer on low heat for a while, at least 10 minutes but more won't hurt. Add a little water from time to time if you're leaving it there a really long time.

Pasta

• Fill a pot with water and stir in salt until the water is distinctly salty. Don't add oil.
  • Bring to a boil.
  • Add the pasta. If your pot is too small for the full length of the spaghetti, hold one end of the bunch and stir the other end in the boiling water to soften it until you can bend the noodles into the pot without breaking them.
  • Cook, stirring frequently, for one minute less than the minimum listed on the package.
  • Drain but do not rinse. (This is why you're cooking for less than the specified time; rinsing stops the cooking but also loses some of the pasta's flavor).
  • Reduce the heat of the stove to its lowest setting and put the empty pot back on. Return the spaghetti to the pot.
  • Spoon in sauce and toss the spaghetti in it. Add sauce until the spaghetti is covered with as much sauce as it can possibly hold, but not so much that you've got a bunch of wasted sauce in the bottom of the pot.
  • Dish up pasta. Place 2-3 meatballs on the top of each plate. Garnish with parmesan, parsley and pepper, in that order. If you've got leftover sauce and meatballs, save them for another meal. They're perfectly good reheated, but it's better to boil new pasta each time.

Xopod's The Perfectionist's Spaghetti and Meatballs are worth 25 points.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

##vote steak

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Mr. Steak (1): Amnistar

Not Voting (7): CapitalistPig, Hal Incandenza, Leith Maclaine, Mikujin, Mr. Steak, Token Female, yuming

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Adding an extra day to the deadline to deal with weekend shenanigans. Deadline is Set for 4/11 @ 10pm EST.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amnistar posted:

##vote steak

So you think ernie was bussing steak?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I think I have accounted for all cooking points, if you have cooked a recipe you think has not been counted, please contact me and I will resolve your points.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, why was he modkilled?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapitalistPig posted:

no, its obviously because of the vote swing yesterday

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

wait, why was he modkilled?

My guess is that a replacement couldn't be found.

In any case. Oh well, who cares, 1 scum gone.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

no, its obviously because of the vote swing yesterday

That wasn't my question and it wasn't directed at you.

I know why he's voting I just want him to answer my question on whether he thinks ernie was bussing since you were the last person he voted.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I told ya all he was being shady

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I should be more straightforward in my the reason for the modkill. Ernie requested a replacement, I was unable to find one.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Yes, I reviewed ernie's flip and feel like steak is a bus vote.

Granted I already think steak is scum, so I am definately going to see that vote as a bus vote.

Outside of steak, I think that Cpig is town based on Ernie's interactions.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Amnistar posted:

Yes, I reviewed ernie's flip and feel like steak is a bus vote.

Granted I already think steak is scum, so I am definately going to see that vote as a bus vote.

Outside of steak, I think that Cpig is town based on Ernie's interactions.

That's fair.

I'm not going to lie. I'm also down for steak today I just feel like analyzing ernies interactions with people and talking about things is a good idea rather than rushing into it.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i expected to be turbo'd today, for obvious reasons, but ernie's flip changes things. now there's real poo poo to read into.

i was also prepared to go full ham into pushing yuming, but that's basically not even a thing anymore until i reread ernie

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CapitalistPig posted:

My guess is that a replacement couldn't be found.

In any case. Oh well, who cares, 1 scum gone.

i dont love using this kind of reasoning, but........

ernie never expressed a desire to replace out in thread. and i dont think conversations about replacing out of mafia games happen in the public discord. i surely didn't see anything.

needless to say, i'll also be heavily rereading cpig today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

i dont love using this kind of reasoning, but........

ernie never expressed a desire to replace out in thread. and i dont think conversations about replacing out of mafia games happen in the public discord. i surely didn't see anything.

needless to say, i'll also be heavily rereading cpig today

grandi posted about replacements several times in the mafia discussion thread.....

It's not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

So the reason you probably don't love to use that reasoning is because it's dumb.