Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

If I ran this again, I would let the spectators see the docs and stuff. As it was I didn't want them to know the people's alignment who they were gifting to, but in practice it probably wouldn't have mattered.
Same with the speak with dead spice, if I hadn't done that, I could have let the dead see stuff too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Grandicap posted:

If I ran this again, I would let the spectators see the docs and stuff. As it was I didn't want them to know the people's alignment who they were gifting to, but in practice it probably wouldn't have mattered.
Same with the speak with dead spice, if I hadn't done that, I could have let the dead see stuff too.

I'd also recommend the Za'tar not being a full night action on its own and just letting the person have instant access to it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

I'd also recommend the Za'tar not being a full night action on its own and just letting the person have instant access to it.

I considered it. But I have a big thing in the OP about spices not activating until the phase after you purchase it. I could have not made it an action to use though, just a thing that turns on the phase after you purchase it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

But early enough that is a super powerful spice, and one that Xopods knew existed from the jump.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I mean yeah, it's strong but I don't think it warrants an action in and of itself that is subject to being blocked etc.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
From a balance perspective 3 scum with at least 2 spices that make scum win 1 day earlier is rough on the town.

Not that it mattered, because scum won without the double vote.

I do like the game concept AMD wish I could have cooked more, but my options became very curtailed in the last week due to supporting some local resturaunt by purchasing meal packs.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat, good job scum, at least I had it mostly right at the end. Always tough to lose to modkills though

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gonna make the most comfortable bed outta these 35 points, i tell you what

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amnistar posted:

From a balance perspective 3 scum with at least 2 spices that make scum win 1 day earlier is rough on the town.

Not that it mattered, because scum won without the double vote.

I do like the game concept AMD wish I could have cooked more, but my options became very curtailed in the last week due to supporting some local resturaunt by purchasing meal packs.

If you have the income, supporting hurting local businesses is a good thing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Grandicap posted:

If you have the income, supporting hurting local businesses is a good thing.

:emptyquote:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Thanks again Grandicap, good game and once again I have new recipes to try out!

Bierrocks or Spaghetti and Meatballs tonight!

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Well done scum.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
Thanks for the game Grandi! This was a lot of fun. I do plan on making all of the recopies that are here eventually. I'll PM you and grandi when I make your dish with pics and such. This is a promise.

I didn't make as much as I would have liked. Part was because few people in the town made things beyond day 1 (which really helped us), and part that I got scared of the grocery store. Some people who I work with have gotten sick and hospitalized and I got shook.

Yuming was an A+ scum teammate. Lots of fun.

What were all of the spices? I was really curious.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

Recipe Doc
Mod Doc

Thanks for playing!

Spices Power Cost Stock
Vanilla Private Vig 100 1
Cayenne Pepper Anonymous Double Vote 100 1
Saffron Public Day Vig 75 2
Tumeric Public Double Vote 75 2
Cinnamon Death Proof 75 1
Anise Tracker 50 3
Garlic Bullet Proof 50 2
Cilantro Lynch Proof 50 1
Lavender Watcher 50 3
Salt Jailer 50 3
Za'tar Label Reader (Learn what all the spices do) 45 2
Fenugreek Doctor 45 4
Cumin Spice Cop 35 3
Allspice Spice Swapper 35 3
Pepper Roleblocker 35 4
Ginger Busdriver 35 3
Bay Leaves Talk with Dead 25 5
Majoram Grave Robber (Steal Inventory of dead player) 25 3
Oregano Hider 25 2
Cardamom Lightning Rod 25 1
Mace Bodyguard 25 6
Paprika Mason Maker 20 10
Unlabled Random 20 10

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Cool how I caught yuming and Token based on their first real posts but no one wanted to listen to me and they were the two Scum who lived to the end of the game.

(EDIT: Oh yeah, and Ernie too though I dropped my suspicions of him very quickly.)

Anyway, regarding Za'tar I don't think it's as useful as Grandi believes, at least not for the cost. Shoulda been cheaper, or its effect instant as was suggested.

I was keeping it a secret at first because I didn't think it'd be useful enough to spend points on, given that most people were claiming their known spices... rather, I figured it might be worthwhile later in the game if kept a secret at first, as it could potentially be used to catch Scum in a lie. Or something. Maybe I should have just claimed it right away.

xopods fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 12, 2020

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I really enjoyed our scumteam too! :sun:

I didn't make Ernie's cupcakes because I wanna make them with actual passionfruit and I didn't want to go to the store for just cupcakes. Next time I will look because I'm p sure they have passionfruit.

gj xopods and Hal for calling scums!

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

xopods posted:

Cool how I caught yuming and Token based on their first real posts but no one wanted to listen to me and they were the two Scum who lived to the end of the game.

Yeah, that post caused a stir at scum HQ.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Flank steak marinated overnight in soy sauce, ginger oil, garlic, honey, brown sugar, scallions, white pepper, fish sauce, and rice vinegar served with coconut ginger rice, honey ginger glazed carrots and some homemade kimchi.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I didn't take pictures but I made the perfectionist's spaghetti and meatballs and it was yummmmmmmy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gently caress you yuming i was right to tunnel vigorously on you.

and i was right that u murdered me cuz ur SCARED OF MY SUPERIOR MAFIA SKILLS

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im just annoyed town never followed my advice to kill you after the horrible horrible vig.

come on, guys!

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

Mr. Steak posted:

im just annoyed town never followed my advice to kill you after the horrible horrible vig.

come on, guys!

I'm actually mad at myself. When yuming was prepping the vig I told myself that this looked like scum making a town flip look okay. Then promptly forgot about it completely.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
I even made the argument that steak was a bad vig and do not follow up. Sorry

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yea I shouldn’t have claimed the kill in the thread, I couldn’t come up with good opinions about using it.

It worked out but it’d have been safer to use later at night.

I just thought as town with that many points I would’ve wanted to burn any abilities ASAP to avoid being a NK target.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

yuming posted:

Yea I shouldn’t have claimed the kill in the thread, I couldn’t come up with good opinions about using it.

It worked out but it’d have been safer to use later at night.

I just thought as town with that many points I would’ve wanted to burn any abilities ASAP to avoid being a NK target.

Oh no, claiming it was fine.

When you posted about buying it and going to use it, I figured you were fishing for suggestions/alternate town lunch. The idea that you were just going to use it on steak because you thought they were scum, but wanted to wait beacause...?

That's what came across as scum to me. Granted it didn't matter cause I didn't follow up on it, but that was my thought process ta one point.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Mr. Steak posted:

come on, guys!

I wanted to but no one else did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

My fever broke yesterday but I'm genuinely sorry I wasn't able to be more useful. Super poo poo timing to get ill. Fortunately, it wasn't COVID (thought it was for a few days), so it could've been worse. Just a regular old seasonal flu or something.

The other downside is I haven't cooked anything in days and I'm still tired and feeling generally poor, and haven't mustered up the energy to try and cook today. Which is a shame, since I'm all out of pre-getting-sick leftovers and prepped stuff. So now I have to convince my wife to cook (could be a challenge), or get something delivered.