Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
This may or may not be a sign-up post based on the answer to the following: am I required to cook irl as a mechanic in this game? If the answer is yes then I'm out.

Ninja E: oops, I think the game is full. Happy cooking ya foodies!

E2: oh, it's in the OP. Maybe I should read those more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grandicap posted:

Both Steak and DB are in. That's 13. I'll be opening the game up today or tomorrow, I need to cook up my recipe first then we will be good to go.

yay

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
joining this game is the best decision i've made so far this year

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
like.... I really want to try and make that carbonara now, looks delish

god im hungry

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

xopods posted:

Town again! Hopefully this Town is smarter than the last one.

To begin my scumhunting, I would ask everyone to tell me how they feel about cilantro IRL.

cilantro is god-tier herb. the day I have to taste Spanish rice without cilantro is the day that I die.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

xopods posted:

Still on the fence about whether it's best that we all reveal what we know. Gonna hold off on mine for now... think Amni was reasonable in disclosing unconfirmed Mason-maker, but allowing the Scum to know whether or not some Tracker spice has been purchased could backfire pretty easily.

i am in the same boat as this (my info could be used by scum to an advantage i think)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
the PR is grave robber, I'm going to withhold which spice it is until it would benefit town to divulge that info (such as in the event that the spice is bought)

If anyone sees any glaring fallacy to this approach, I'm open to criticism.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Grandicap posted:

I mean, a quesadilla, a hotdog or a macaron all loosely resemble sandwiches.

behold my chicken quesadilla (theres daves insanity hot sause in there)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

behold my chicken quesadilla (theres daves insanity hot sause in there)

i mixed it into some pineapple peach salsa, thats what you see on top there

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

Steak's Simple Sandwiches

i don't know why but i imagined you doing very theatrical hand gestures while preparing these

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Token Female posted:

What is grave robber? That's a role I've never seen before. Is that like blanking out the flip?

May have been answered already, but I have mod confirmed info that the grave robber takes any unused spices held by dead players

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote sal

where you is at?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Ernie. posted:

dick, what would you have done if sal hadn't posted until the rest of the day?

probably let my vote sit while reading new posts and re-reading olds to form a better opinion on the game state and replacing the vote with a better scummier candidate that I suss out of my reads, or leaving my vote where it was if I couldn't come with a case on anyone else for reasons other than "they're lurking"

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
ok

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i see your i thought so and raise you a no u

##vote ernie

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Ernie. posted:

let me know when you'll participate earnestly instead of empty posting

iv'e had a long day at work (new job working from home getting nurses on the front lines of the covid battle) and been drinking moderately for the last hour, so that isn't happening soon... and if it doesn't happen in the next 20 hrs then by all means vote me outta heah

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If it can be proven 100% that Leith is town at some point and they still have Cumin then I know of a spice that would make Leith a Super Spice Combo-Cook (my way of saying Cumin and this other spice are a synergetic combo that would work well together as PRs)

This gives me an idea about spice combos irl and their analogous counterparts in the game. Say if you know that spice x and spice y worth well or are commonly used together irl, then perhaps purchasing that combo in game might make for powerful synergistic PR combos.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hmmm my spice is a traditional scum role that is probably better to not reveal.

Also yeah bifs recipe looks amazing but that is a lot of stuff!

this made me interested in Hal's posting, so I re-read Hal

Hal Incandenza posted:

I just caught up to the thread and this was pretty much spot on for how I felt about yuming when she popped in

post above is a weak me too on yuming suss

Hal Incandenza posted:

Secret is they wouldn't! Because yuming is a rotten egg...

shading, no explanation on Hal's own opinion of yuming other than she is a bad scummy scummo

Hal Incandenza posted:

That was true early on but at some point she got better, then she basically stopped playing until quite recently. My feeling is she will revert to old scum ways and that's why I was suspicious of her earlier. One of her recent posts was pretty good though I thought

waffling a bit and yeah that's basically all of Hals post that aren't about sandwiches, and they all stink like the rotten egg of projection

##vote Hal

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ernie you would vote me even after my Hal case?

Hal has since scored some town points imo so ##unvote

I could see Sal being frustrated town that just had some unfortunate timing, but perhaps xopods case has legs.

Hal would you say you agreed with Sal at some point that Amni seemed suss to you? If so, how did that factor into your decision to vote Sal if at all?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Like, how is anyone looking at the way Amni is posting and not getting scum off of this?

I kinda did early on, I'm gonna read again to see if I can find the pingy post

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
oh crap :redhammer: sorry :sweatdrop:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Do pancakes count as baking??

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Pancakes are normally on a griddle.

yeah but.... they're baking on there right? Frying??

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
fair

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Pretty neutral read. He implied he knew information that would work with Cumin but hasn't given any details. He also said there is a grave robber out there so that is some intel.

Getting kinda slammed at work, debating replacing out.

Cumin's power (spice cop as claimed) would work really well with grave robber imo

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I feel better about Hal still, their posting since my case has improved.

Don't know what to make of Cpig vs. Amni

I need to read everything all over again

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm not as active as I should be, I concede. Hopefully I'll have the time here in a few hours to follow through on my reread and participate as best as I can.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
More excuses, I know :negative:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I think TF could be scum for the following:

Token Female posted:

i.e. it reads like a townie/townie slap fight.

this reads like scum inside knowledge of who is town (to perhaps "score points" with town when these players flip inevitably)

Token Female posted:

Xopods, what do you think about my case on CPig?

paging scumbro perhaps?

Token Female posted:

I don't really think that Xopods is scum

oh...... ok..... (scumbrobs?)

Token Female posted:

I'd vote for Sal, or Merk to avoid no one getting enough votes. I don't have a strong feeling either way. I'd be more happy with CPig.

:thunk: two of these players flipped town, the other (cpig) doesn't strike me as particularly scummy imo

Token Female posted:

It doesn't look like there is the interest or the attendance for Xopods. Who else would you consider?

working to take pressure off of possible scumbro here

Token Female posted:

I don't think anything else is possible so...

##vote Sal

"oh dear me, there is nothing left to do but lunch this poor town who i know is town so nothing left oh well darn i guess"

that was the hammer post :rolleyes:

##vote Token Female

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

yuming posted:

Oh hi DB :sparkles:

I am gonna workout. I will be around but also playing DnD tonight.

Have your character do the same workout you do today irl and gain a temp ability score bonus!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:ghost: probs for the best as my work is ramping up to mega levels, couldn't be as involved as I should've and I apologize for that. Good luck all:ghost:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

xopods posted:

Canned olives? How did that guy not flip scum?

Hashtag #foodsnob

:ghost:I'm a monster, I know :negative::ghost:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

Salmon with asparagus and rice.

yyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Leith Maclaine posted:

I poached the salmon and asparagus in a court boullion and then a drizzle of garlic butter.

:kiss: