Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Because it was called royal I was thinking battle royal and had the impression this was going to be like persona 4 arena so I don't even take a look at it because I don't really care for fighting games. I didn't realize it was a big expansion! :doh:

Will I need a guide to get the true end for this and max all social links? In normal P5 the only one I missed was Haru from what I remember. Anyway downloading it now. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
My great gaming achievement this year was to beat okumura on normal difficulty. I was stubborn and would not raise the difficulty to merciless. No cheating and raising the game to a harder difficulty.

Hardest bossfight in the persona series.The trick is use to potions that lower all enemy defense and having good luck that the robots won’t run away when their health goes below half.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

seiferguy posted:

Are Personas 1-3 any good and worth a playthrough? 5 was my intro to the series so I'll probably consider getting P4G.

Persona 3 has aged poorly. Imagine trying to play persona 5 but with no helpful map where you can quickly move from place to place. You have to manually walk everywhere which is really hard to go back to. There is only one dungeon it's 260 floors and all procedurally generated so sorta imagine if persona 5 had no map and was only mementos with no cat bus.

For its time persona 3 was a great game but it just didn't age very well.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Speaking of P5R I’ve been working my way through it doing really well.

I screwed up on one thing though. I didn’t realize the sun confidant had an 11/19 deadline. Which now makes it impossible to max all my s-links. Unless I go backwards 20 hours to an old save.

Do you get a special persona for maxing all s-links or is the only benefit an achievement?

I really don’t want to go back 20 hours I’m debating if it’s worth it. :(

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
This game took me 122 hours to finish! Longest RPG I’ve ever played.

I really like the changes they made. I felt the original final boss was a bit of a let down. Random evil god introduced at the end no personal stake vs facing a confidant you’ve been building up a relationship with throughout the game.

Does persona 4G add as much as royal did like a new final boss? I’ll be getting that next it looks like.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

ApplesandOranges posted:

P5 has the worst School Trip. Well P5's wasn't that bad, it was just barely a thing and to be honest I'm still not sure what the narrative point of it was other than to make Okumura a bigger deal and to make Morgana sulk for a few more days.

The Hawaii trip was like on going on a vacation and never leaving the area directly near the hotel.

I wanted an LA trip just to laugh at how badly they would make a stereotype of california. Japanese media doesn’t generally do too well depicting foreigners...

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
If markui hadn’t used his power in the most idiotic way in the beginning I’d have sympathized with him more. In no reality is it ok to think you are a different person. That is mental illness and an extreme sickness good job “helping” her.

If he had shown that he could really help people who needed it like a sick people with cancer or poor people that would have been interesting. I’d have been willing to fight against the team for that goal.

Just granting wishes and fake happiness to people is reckless and he needed to be put down.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
There is nothing wrong with a junior dating a senior in high school.

Now a highschooler having a relationship with an adult teacher, or journalist, or doctor would make those characters sex offenders in the US (not sure about japan) Though it’s huge double standard for men vs women.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
While there is corruption in Japan.The police there aren’t known to murder people constantly like they do in US maybe leave Japan’s police out of the current political debate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

ApplesandOranges posted:

Giving the homeless a place to live: more difficult than bringing back the dead or turning a cat into a human.

Just like real life.