Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

So I had been following this guide up until now https://www.thegamer.com/persona-5-royal-may-walkthrough-guide/ and it had been seeming pretty good and accurate, now it's turned out that it gave me some innaccurate info on an event and now I'm way past where I would have been able to go back, I just finished Madarames palace at the point it told me too and then it says the next chariot hangout should be a rank up but it wasn't for me so seems like the answers it gave me at the previous scene were wrong and Kawakami wasn't outside the faculty lounge on the 28th either so not sure when I'll be able to start that, either way the entire guide will get messed up because of that so following it would be weird. I like how it specifally says the only ones you must keep up with are temperance and chariot as well and those are the ones that have been not correct for me.

Mainly just asking/making sure that the games not actually so tight that this will properly screw me on finishing all the confidants is it? Been so long since I played the original. Guess it means any guide is now useless though or I'll have to modify it a bit.

Edit: Oh no, turns out by "story segment" at nighttime on the 27th the guide meant "go talk to mishima and start the temperance thing" so that part isn't boned up, just very unclear. Chariot was still hosed for me though now I'm wondering if I boned it up, pretty sure I selected the options it said and had a chariot persona though. Eh, it'll probably be fine.

I did the original blind (outside basic poo poo like just knowing when the confidants are available) in Japanese and ranked up everyone with a few days to spare. You'd figure Royal would be even more lenient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Forgot how busted Sun was, loitered in the 2nd dungeon for 15-20 minutes bullying Shiki and got like 250k. Small beans compared to what's to come but still

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Tabletops posted:

How necessary are guides for maximizing social stats and poo poo in Royal?

I couldn't not be as efficient as possible in the first release. Is Royal a lot easier for upping stats and poo poo? Or is it still a good idea to follow a guide?

I did it with a couple days to spare mostly blind in the original Japanese release, aside from gaming social link dialogue choices and looking up just when the gently caress half these people show up (P4 felt a lot better in calendar functionality). General tips include

- focusing on Guts asap, you have less flexibility raising this compared to other stats and you need to get it to 3 by the end of the second dungeon, then 4 for opening another coop. See the first cinema movie, borrow Kidd's book from the library, etc
- not reading books in time passing segments until you get speed reading since you're better off doing just about any other activity (1.5 stats vs the avg 2 you get for almost any other action)
- unlocking Sun immediately since he peaces out the soonest and his abilities are all amazing for early grinding and you're going to want that charm for Hifumi and Makoto. Plus new activities compete for Sunday now
- the new activities are actually pretty okay in terms of time management since you can get 2 prof from darts and a random 2 from billiards, no real reason to ignore them from that standpoint
- saving your mementos trips for the end of sequences when you have a bunch of targets piled up, at least until you unlock Temperance 10

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Tabletops posted:

Thanks guys. I'm in early May (8th?) And got everything to 2 so far. Gonna stick with the guide for a hot longer at least till I'm more comfortable with the game since I haven't played since it came out pretty much.

Should I ever wash my sooty clothes, I feel bad not getting potentially neat loot.

There's a my palace achievement for washing your clothes a number of times. That is quite possibly literally the only reason why you would ever do it yourself. They added a store that buys sooty clothes and gives you points you can exchange for an auto masukukaja accessory and the actual sooty equipment post cleaning, that poo poo was never efficient and it sure as hell isn't now

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Hmm interesting bit about Morgana when he gets Mr. Fisto'd, in Japanese he says aruji which is all but outright screaming Igor's name. I think in English it's master or something which is much more ambiguous

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
lmao the pancake line I forgot that there's like a full minute between the line and them turning the corner. Just imagining Akechi hiding behind the corner and trying to figure out the perfect moment to nonchalantly pass by

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Does anyone else have this thing where the plain college student who hangs out with floral pants guy just vanishes from existence? Floral's been standing there talking to a disembodied voice for half the game now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
P3 MC would have to say something remotely interesting to have a personality, at least FeMC spices things up a bit