Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If kasumi knows you're a phantom thief, and everyone thinks they murdered okumura, you'd think she'd be just a little bit inquisitive into what actually happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

JT Jag posted:

Holy poo poo the Okumura boss fight is a nightmare now, the "they run away and you have to repeat the phase" gimmick loving sucks

It's not great, the animations for everything in that fight take forever which makes it so much worse. And that whole dungeon was piss easy even on hard which lured me into a horrible sense of complacency.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thematically it was great, better than vanilla I'd say, but basing a boss around baton passing when the character introduced in the dungeon can't have the baton pass bonus until after it is just head scratching.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Royal does away with that. Now everyone can do it as soon as it’s introduced. Even in their first fight. They replaced Baton Pass with new skills in the confidants.

The Thieves are just really good at team work.

Yeah but you can't get the dart's boost until you activate the SL...st least I don't think you can.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress, I guess that's what I get for ignoring all the new features so I could max every link in my first run.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

There's so much random poo poo in this game.

If you

-talk to the info lady in Kichijoji, you have a small chance of gaining a point of knowledge
I had no idea this was random I got it on my first try.
]
-buy the PT postcards from the shop in Shibuya, you can send them to confidants using the postal box in Yongen to gain a point towards your link. :psyduck:
No idea you could do that I ended up trading it to a guy in kichijoji for a quest
-draw the PT logo on the chalkboard while their at their nadir, you get a guts point for it.
This pissed me off because I did it every single palace cause I rember getting a free point, finally got it after I'd just maxed courage

There's also a quiz show on TV that comes on very infrequently that'll get you a point in knowledge.

Some of the restaurants also have some nice items to pick up on certain days, I believe the school shop sells a melon pan that acts as a balm of life every Friday.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's because you fight then all at once like that in nocturne,

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

mateo360 posted:

Okay, apparently I missed something both times I played. What Kiosks? I thought the chests and floating cages were the only item givers.

At the entrances or exits of floors there's little ticket dispensers you can Rob for chewing/snuff souls

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Deified Data posted:

I'm one trophy shy of the Plat and it's the drat lottery one - I can't really get it with any of my saves without a ton of hassle. Anyone know the odds of winning if you do the year end lottery at the end of the game? I'd have to beat the last boss again which I don't feel like doing. Might just save it for NG+ later.

I won in my first try. I assumed you were guaranteed a win

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Heard something about the importance of feeding your plant. Where tf do I get nutrients to do that?

The Low quality stuff is at the Don Quixote knock off in the shopping district, Higher quality stuff unlocks when you get access to Shinjuku. Feeding the plant gives kindness with no time loss. 1,2,or 3 points depending on the quality of fertilizer used. There's also some high quality fertilizer you can get before shinjuku unlocks by watching the shopping network. I believe you can water the plant every week.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Oh yeah maybe I always forget there's shops down there

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I can't imagine liking four and thinking five has bad pacing. Four starts like goddamn molasses. I nearly fall asleep replaying it even with text skip in golden.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You never get full control but you get way more freedom starting at the second palace

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think he's saying he can't transfer his save from vanilla to royal to start in ng+

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You can just hit the touchpad to find the correct class answers. The mementos music changes per block.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Try to conserve sp but your first time through you should be planning on spending more than one day per dungeon.

Always be fusing, this ain't Pokemon even with the same stats a higher level persona will do more damage than a lower level one.

You need to complete the aeon social link to get the golden ending, and the new dungeon.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I think Okamura's fight would've been fine if the drat robots animations didn't take forever.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Don't even worry about it on your first playthrough. There's more than enough time to see all the links from every character you care about.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah. You almost can't gently caress up in p5 unless you just go and sleep everyday. It ain't like p4 where your protagonist would waste a whole day using a vending machine

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah I definitely woulda said to wait for a couple months at least. But hey the Harem scene is worth seeing at least, and the new content is good.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'd assume so eventually. Sega is going pretty all in on the PC market lately

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's impossible if you're me and don't start tower until the last month in royal and vanilla, cause you kept checking the wrong arcade and wondering where he was.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Solaris 2.0 posted:

If you do, could you make a general Persona thread?

I know after I finish Royal I’m going to dive right into 4:G and would love a thread to discuss.

Please do this so there isn't 100 posts of people mad about persona in the megaten thread everyweek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's no big deal, the megaten threads just pretty slow so every time there's buncha posts I hope that it's some translation news or someone rediscovering the older games.