Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
...is shaving cream actually better than a moisturizing soap and water? I used to buy shaving cream but I forgot to put it on my list for a while and just used soap and water. Now I am questioning if I will ever go back as it seems to do the job fine. I welcome opinions on any type of hair be it facial, head or miscellaneous. So, is shaving cream worth the extra effort and expense?

Or just post your own stupid question if you want I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

i use whipped cream for shaving op and ive been told im very sweet

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yes.

Buy Proraso shave cream and the matching pre-shave balm to use before it and never look back ok well thanks.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Electric shaver

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
shaving cream makes the razor glide very smoothly against skin so the only resistance is the hairs themselves

i bought a dirt cheap panasonic ES3831K electric shaver like forever ago and its pretty good. i use it before showering. i use a razor after showering on the short softened hairs that remain. this seems to make the blades last a long rear end time. also i clean any hair out from the back of the blades with a waterpik

A Grand Egg
Jan 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
just use olive oil

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

A Grand Egg posted:

just use olive oil

I tried doing that for like a week but the hair just kept growing and strange dogs would follow me home.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

gary oldmans diary posted:

shaving cream makes the razor glide very smoothly against skin so the only resistance is the hairs themselves

i bought a dirt cheap panasonic ES3831K electric shaver like forever ago and its pretty good. i use it before showering. i use a razor after showering on the short softened hairs that remain. this seems to make the blades last a long rear end time. also i clean any hair out from the back of the blades with a waterpik

Ur high maintenance

a gay lion named Tangiers
Jul 30, 2013
i have a lovely unkempt beard because shaving sucks. i could have a nice beard but i don't trim or keep it up because, well, shaving sucks.

that said, if you have to shave go to a barber. they will use really good poo poo on you and will answer all your questions.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Burt Sexual posted:

Ur high maintenance
being cheap on consumables is like the opposite

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Yes shaving cream is better OP, especially the ones specially formulated for sensitive skin.

Mmm, Aloe Vera.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Burt Sexual posted:

Electric shaver

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Just don’t shave, op

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I just use bad dragon cum lube

Can't get any slipperier than that, OP

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i use soap and warm water. works fine

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I've tried different shaving creams and foams and I literally don't feel any different then when using warm water and soap, so I just save the money. I also have sensetive skin.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

a gay lion named Tangiers posted:

i have a lovely unkempt beard because shaving sucks. i could have a nice beard but i don't trim or keep it up because, well, shaving sucks.

if you weren’t so hung up on how much shaving sucks you’d probably be posting in this thread about how awesome it is to look fresh as hell

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

gary oldmans diary posted:

also i clean any hair out from the back of the blades with a waterpik

holy poo poo you just changed my life

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

I shave dry with a machete because I'm not some kind of pussy op hth

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

spank my snatch posted:

I shave dry with a machete because I'm not some kind of pussy op hth

Sad, having a tool that big and having absolutely no idea how to use it.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i just use a trimmer but i still buy barbasol to play with in the shower

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Dude knows The Secret all ladies already knew about extending the life of a razor, that waterpik thing is a lifesaver.

Also lol @ groomed= high maintenance

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

realbez posted:

Just don’t shave, op

Honestly this was my main strategy for probably too long (I am female) (my legs looked surprisingly sasquatch like despite being blonde)

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Dixville posted:

Honestly this was my main strategy for probably too long (I am female) (my legs looked surprisingly sasquatch like despite being blonde)

I thought I was replying to someone who had a beard, lol

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Dixville posted:

...is shaving cream actually better than a moisturizing soap and water? I used to buy shaving cream but I forgot to put it on my list for a while and just used soap and water. Now I am questioning if I will ever go back as it seems to do the job fine. I welcome opinions on any type of hair be it facial, head or miscellaneous. So, is shaving cream worth the extra effort and expense?

Or just post your own stupid question if you want I dunno.

I just use that schick intuition thingie. gently caress shaving cream.... and if the built in shaving scream thing runs out before i can buy replacements i use body wash

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
just don't shave

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts
I use shave butter. Anything else gives me itchy red bumps.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
the point of the shaving medium is to hold the hair up straight and lubricate the surface. shaving cream (foam) isn't any better than soap or conditioner. Shaving gel actually is better at holding hair up straight. The aerosol cans of shaving gel are the best quality:price ratio. the really expensive stuff is actually better at holding the hair up, but not enough to be worth the price (imo)

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

https://www.billyjealousy.com/collections/shave/products/hydroplane-super-slick-shave-cream

or

https://www.getjackblack.com/beard-lube-conditioning-shave.aspx

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
question butt

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
For shaving, shaving creme is better. For convenience, whatever soap is fine.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

VikingSkull posted:

just don't shave

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

better buy barbasol!

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
I just stick my head in a wood chipper

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

remember, the bottom of the canister is where you put the dinosaur embryos. the top still functions as a shaving cream dispenser. don't mix them up

RepeatingMeme
Dec 27, 2012

this place is not a place of honor

no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here

nothing valued is here

what is here was dangerous and repulsive to us

this place is best shunned and left uninhabited

There are no stupid questions OP

Except this one, congrats

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I shave like how they shaved Rambo in Rambo 2:First Blood

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
All u need is water. Cholesterol rich blood will help lubricate the blade after the first few strokes, ensuring a healthy and ensanguinated visage

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Burt Sexual posted:

Electric shaver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
On the extremely rare occasion I do actually fully shave with a razor blade I just do a lather of soap, but that is very rare, last time I did was for Halloween when was Vincent Adultman and my wife was princess carolyn