Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Just to reiterate from the other thread, I"m going to do 100k probates for you all rather than the initially planned bans so that you can keep an eye on your respective forums (and cut down on the amount of crap i need to put back in) except for Squizzle and Reene, who will be executed as ringleaders. I guess the notes of where you mod and the avs are a bit redundant now, but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

This is loving brilliant and more of you revolutionaries should post cryptic one line calls to action in your forums.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

p.s. I'll drop all the probations etc early tomorrow morning. Well "early" as in "can't go to work because of Roni so ;Ike 8 or 9 AM EST."

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

also I accidentally dropped that in the loving milhist thread. Like legit accident. The only time I"ve ever accidentally mod-forum posted in another forum. lmao.

I edited it out with a cryptic comment

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

also I accidentally dropped that in the loving milhist thread. Like legit accident. The only time I"ve ever accidentally mod-forum posted in another forum. lmao.

I edited it out with a cryptic comment

McNally, I just edited your John Has A Long Mustache over in the milsurp thread with a "gently caress you" message.

Make another one :devil:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Done, hopefully we don't get too many lepers colony detectives

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

McNally posted:

As admin, apparently you don't get teh "someone hosed with this message" prompt when you edit posts

So now I just look schizophrenic.

You got anything else you want to do in your forum?

Because if not I can throw your probate on tonight, make you the first over the barricades, do everyone else tomorrow.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

I'm gonna start whacking a few of you at random here and there. McNally just got his 100k.

So start stirring poo poo.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Already getting PMs rolling in

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Uh. . . . gently caress. Guys we might have a problem here.

I just tried to reverse a bunch of the 100k probations and it's not letting me. Like, the admin panel is hosed up for you guys.

Here's one that I blanked it on but as you can see, Clam is still on his 100k

I talked with Jeffrey and apparently it's loving Radium. Something about your status as moderators and I guess the long probation actually isn't just a regular probation as far as the code is concerned. The ancient V-Bulletin code really doesn't like probations longer than a year, so the 100k probations are actually a hacky stringing together of twenty 5,000 hour probations. Something about the mod accounts makes them flip poo poo and not want to clear any of the probation beyond the "first" 5k one. I just quietly tried de-modding and re-modding Burt Sexual but it didn't work.* Jeff's thinking that something got hosed up when we took out Forums Cancer. Mods and Admins were immune to it, so being in that user group adds something to the accounts that he thinks is interacting with the timer shenanigans for the 100k probes.

*frankly I'm not surprised. The permissions alone on mods are just loving crazy. Like, we actually have to be really careful about when we move forums around because weird poo poo can happen with that. It's all dumb bespoke bullshit. This is actually how IKs work - they're set as a mod in the permissions for a single forum, but aren't added to the mods user group. I'm guessing that there's some permission or whatever deep in Burt's account that I'm not seeing that is cocking it up.

Like, here's the sheet for Burt to give you an idea:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yeah, Jeff's thinking there might be a real possibiity you'll all have to remake your accounts.

Ironically enough un-perma'ing Reene and Squizzle is trivial. They'll come out of this the cleanest.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Update:

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

By the way you can all credit / blame Athanatos for this. Here's his PM that I'm leaking in clear violation of the sanctity of PMs:

quote:

Athanatos wrote on Apr 1, 2020 00:21:
Tomorrow, right before you un-probe the lot of them, tell the mod forum that there is some Radium code that when you 100k a Mod account, it's unrecoverable. And they'll have to make new accounts.

Make em sweat it out a hot sec. Turn the tables on them. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Ok I think I got everyone.

Fun fact: I'm pretty sure perma-banning a mod doesn't actually remove their mod privileges, because Squizzle was still listed among the CSPAM mods when I went to re-add him.