Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

yeah, scottie owned, and i pretty much stopped watching when she left the show

um... *googles "mythbusters rocket car death"*

:stare:

That wasn't Scottie, it was Jessie who blew up. Scottie did show up on...monster garage, monster house, orange city choppers? Some drat show or another just as a regular employee for awhile. e: Google says she went to school and is now a dental hygienist.

Jessi was only on Mythbusters for a little bit, while Kari was on maternity leave i think.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Was Kari just eye candy? I dont remember her background. I know grant was an engineer from ILM and Tori worked for Jamie at some point as well and the other girls were metal fabricators and stuff, did Kari have any like, "skills" before joining the show?

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Was Kari just eye candy? I dont remember her background. I know grant was an engineer from ILM and Tori worked for Jamie at some point as well and the other girls were metal fabricators and stuff, did Kari have any like, "skills" before joining the show?

She's an artist/sculptor.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

a kitten posted:

That wasn't Scottie, it was Jessie who blew up.

yeah i know, because i googled

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Was Kari just eye candy?

no, but i still hated her (edit: and also tory)

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kari was an artist I think, she did physical art installations like sculptures and stuff. So she did have some translatable skills, not that you would realize this from watching the show.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

yeah i know, because i googled

Of course you did, because you literally said that. :doh: Apologies, i shouldn't post before coffee.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

a kitten posted:

Of course you did, because you literally said that. :doh: Apologies, i shouldn't post before coffee.

Lol, no worries :) After I replied, I thought maybe you'd expanded on it so other people would know.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sweet geek swag posted:

Kari was an artist I think, she did physical art installations like sculptures and stuff. So she did have some translatable skills, not that you would realize this from watching the show.

Ah okay. Yeah I don't think it ever came up in the show unlike the rest of the cast

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
When I was working nights Mythbusters was one of my go-to shows for background noise while I was trying to sleep during the day. The narration and formulaic structure were perfect for gently knocking me down and invading my dreams.

That show looked like the most fun job in the world. Here’s some kind of mechanical problem. Here’s a workshop. Design something and see how it works, tweak it if it doesn’t, and also, there’s a bunch of C4 and detcord sometimes.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ultra Carp

projecthalaxy posted:

Remember when the interns built that ancient battery and tasered him with it and he got all caremad on television because his friends and coworkers tasered him without his knowledge or consent?

owned

:science:

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Post the butthole already.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
Yeah I always liked how sometimes, the problem just didn't get much of a results so they would just go "gently caress it, let's blow it up anyway!'

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Zeniel posted:

Yeah I always liked how sometimes, the problem just didn't get much of a results so they would just go "gently caress it, let's blow it up anyway!'

Someone tried to make a new show called crash labs or something I think, it was basically the not-cast of Myth Busters and the entire premise of the show was 'let's get a myth and make poo poo explode for some reason'

edit;

ah it was smash lab and has a healthy 3.3/10 on imdb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1156526/

long story short myth busters was a fun show

BlueTide
Apr 11, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Sex Tragedy posted:

you're a crackhead

LMAO

BlueTide
Apr 11, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Blue On Blue posted:

Someone tried to make a new show called crash labs or something I think, it was basically the not-cast of Myth Busters and the entire premise of the show was 'let's get a myth and make poo poo explode for some reason'

edit;

Oh, what's up Blue username buddy. :)

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Zeniel posted:

Often they would earnestly test completely bonkers myths, then when they didn't work (as expected) they'd add as many asinine contrivances to the situation to make them work (and as you said, usually adding copious amounts of explosives). Those were always my favorites.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

PizzaProwler posted:

Often they would earnestly test completely bonkers myths, then when they didn't work (as expected) they'd add as many asinine contrivances to the situation to make them work (and as you said, usually adding copious amounts of explosives). Those were always my favorites.

Yep, typically when something was busted they would try to find a bizarre setup where it would actually work. And, well, there’s no problem in the human condition that can’t be solved with the proper application of high explosives.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Blue On Blue posted:

edit;

Yeah, I liked that they earnestly tried to find a solution but then when either it failed to work or just wasn't spectacular enough, they'd say so then blow it up anyway.
Smash Lab also just reminds me of the show Brainiac, which was like the british version of MythBusters. It wasn't very good either.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Forgot to askearlier, but what was the myth Adam was trying to bust with his butthole? Elasticity? Capacity? Velocity?

I need to know.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Squirting? Is it pee? The mythbusters investigate...

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Adam Savage is my man crush.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Blistex posted:

Forgot to askearlier, but what was the myth Adam was trying to bust with his butthole? Elasticity? Capacity? Velocity?

I need to know.

It was for that episode about farting

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Blistex posted:

I need to know.

All of the above.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
how soft and pliant an anus would you need to safely absorb the crash of a rocket car?

edit- this is for non-fanfic related research.

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Skeleton Ape posted:

It was for that episode about farting

if u hold the bhole open, does the gas just waft out? is it still a fart if u dont do the physical "action" of farting? :thunk:

too philosophical a question to answer on mythbusters, tbh

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

This is entertaining, I’m guessing he has more content like this?

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Tetramin posted:

This is entertaining, I’m guessing he has more content like this?

He has a lot. Just search for his name on Youtube. One of the things I like most about watching Adam build stuff/talk about things rather than other people on Youtube is that the video doesn't cut after each sentence when he talks. He's a good public speaker and can just naturally talk for longer periods of time without boring you.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I started watching his videos on youtube and some of them are nice to watch but something about him rubs me the wrong way

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/adam-savage-accused-of-sexually-assaulting-his-sister-as-a-child/

Well well well

Traveling Salesman
Nov 27, 2007

Merchant of Death

I opened this thread hoping someone was talking about this. It would break my heart if it was true.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Traveling Salesman posted:

I opened this thread hoping someone was talking about this. It would break my heart if it was true.

loving knows. kids are literally tiny widdle sociopaths and i'm not sure what a pre-pubescent 9 year old would even do or think. i don't even think they have a concept of calling themselves a rapist or what it even means, especially not being in the 70s. 9 year olds are certainly capable of doing weird rear end poo poo though but they're also so underdeveloped you can't really hashtag cancel a 9 year old.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Jul 1, 2020

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
It didn't take down Lena Dunham.

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

Traveling Salesman posted:

We will never know. It happened way too long ago when they were so young.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Childhood memories are notoriously unreliable and easily confabulated, too, so there really is no way to tell.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Their mother says she has severe mental health issues so I mean, we can't really completely know if that happened. Seems pretty dramatic either way.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
She could be having mental issues because of all the raping. Hopefully not but in either case this sucks.

E. maybe he just made her take this photo https://i.imgur.com/Hdi0SlA.png :nws:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
for some reason i remmebered that as being jamie

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

quote:

According to the court docs, Savage would “mask the repeated abuse as games, naming himself ‘the raping blob,’”

the raping blob

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
the savage ravage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

He does say something like "hide your crimes" on Tested a lot.