Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Liquid Communism posted:

Kicks are still cool and good.

jesus gently caress, thank god!

not ashamed of this snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

No more autoblock makes this game like fifty times harder.

Gonna just stick to horse archery until it inevitably gets reintroduced.

Also: is there no like... Log or something in-game? You know, the thing in the previous games where you could view all the factions, their leaders and their individual holdings, see which factions are at war with which, etc.?

Edit: also what the hell do these little icons mean underneath town/city names? The little yellow dude:

Drone fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 30, 2020

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Ctrl+Space doesn't seem to fast forward the world screen anymore. Did they change the hotkey or is it not introduced yet?

Edit: Nevermind. There are speed options at the bottom now. Press 3 to fast forward.

papersack fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 30, 2020

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Been quarantined for two weeks, back to work today of course.

I'll begin the reaping after my commute, I guess.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

free hubcaps posted:

lmao how many hrs did you put in warband without knowing this

I'd really rather not say

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Villages actually have money now. :o

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Under no circumstances ask a peasant in a village where character x is, let them lead you to them, then initiate dialogue with that character before the peasant gets there. The peasant will butt into your conversation with "there they are :)" and permanently bug all dialogues everywhere. I had to start an entirely new game because of this.

EDIT: The bug carried over to a new game, had to delete all my saves and verify integrity of game files through Steam.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Mar 30, 2020

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Drone posted:

No more autoblock makes this game like fifty times harder.

Gonna just stick to horse archery until it inevitably gets reintroduced.

Also: is there no like... Log or something in-game? You know, the thing in the previous games where you could view all the factions, their leaders and their individual holdings, see which factions are at war with which, etc.?

Edit: also what the hell do these little icons mean underneath town/city names? The little yellow dude:

garrison, youi can see a tooltip with it at the top when you enter a city

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

explosivo posted:

I'm watching Sips play this on Twitch and he loving hates it because it's too hard lol. It does look remarkably similar to the original though so I'll probably pick it up at some point.

he's thoroughly enjoying it now that he's lowered the difficulty a bit.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is there a zoom to village button somewhere? getting a guest to go to some random place (aragoron) and not knowing where it is with almost no clues is hard. all i could figure out is in winch empire it is

SERPUS
Mar 20, 2004
I'm ready for Bannerlord cRPG, but without the retarded admins.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Popoto posted:

he's thoroughly enjoying it now that he's lowered the difficulty a bit.

Oh that's good to hear! I tuned out because I was sick of hearing him bitch and moan about having to turn the difficulty down.

I want to buy this but I'm probably just going to install Warband again to get my fix. Is there still a decent online presence?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Found the Encyclopedia. It's the N key.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
The graphics are a letdown, I was expecting more of an upgrade from Warband but the presentation of everything sucks. Everything is also a bit lacking in sharpness and clarity, including the text. The initial training area was also really bad, got so sick and tired of those combatants grunting constantly. Nobody ever talks, but everybody shouts "yagh!" every other second in melee and it's jarring.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Why in the hell give a character shortcut in the village/city menu but then require loading into the battle map to actually do the talking? That's so stupid and frustrating every time I talk try to talk to someone.

Also did Warband have basic raider parties that never carried any goods? I'm running around killing looter parties but haven't seen a single one with anything but armor and weapons. Most incompetent looters in history.

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Mukip posted:

Nobody ever talks, but everybody shouts "yagh!" every other second in melee and it's jarring.

So, just like the original Warband? Checks out :getin:

YAAAAGGGHHH! CLUNK! THUD! AAAAAAAAAA! CLUNK CLUNK! AUGHHH!

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I find this all much less forgivable in a game that has been in development for 7+ years with a bigger team and budget. I bet you could load some graphics mods into Warband and have a very similar experience to this game, perhaps even a better one since everything isn't so fuzzy. Actually, it looks and feels like when you install advanced graphics mods into some old game and everything has an uncanny valley feel to it, neither having retro charm nor looking modern. And the controls are janky. I think I'll request a refund since I don't foresee myself enjoying this mess.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Liquid Communism posted:

They have. The AI on 'Realistic' now is brutal, and even on lower difficulties jukes and dodges more.

Do you mean Good? Combat AI is Poor, Average, and Good. I started with Combat AI on Good and boy howdy they were whooping my rear end at first.

Just making sure I know what you're actually referring to to tweak accordingly.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

nessin posted:

Why in the hell give a character shortcut in the village/city menu but then require loading into the battle map to actually do the talking? That's so stupid and frustrating every time I talk try to talk to someone.

Also did Warband have basic raider parties that never carried any goods? I'm running around killing looter parties but haven't seen a single one with anything but armor and weapons. Most incompetent looters in history.

A fair bit of bandits I've killed have had consumables on them.

Taleworlds just released a hotfix for some minor crashes. This is encouraging. I expect a lot of the issues to be ironed out quickly.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Mukip posted:

I find this all much less forgivable in a game that has been in development for 7+ years with a bigger team and budget. I bet you could load some graphics mods into Warband and have a very similar experience to this game, perhaps even a better one since everything isn't so fuzzy. Actually, it looks and feels like when you install advanced graphics mods into some old game and everything has an uncanny valley feel to it, neither having retro charm nor looking modern. And the controls are janky. I think I'll request a refund since I don't foresee myself enjoying this mess.

What are you talking about with the fuzziness? Everything is clear in my game.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

He's running it upscale from 720 or something.

I'd have mentioned something but what a Karen.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

That's what I expected. Those are some garbage complaints.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Do you mean Good? Combat AI is Poor, Average, and Good. I started with Combat AI on Good and boy howdy they were whooping my rear end at first.

Just making sure I know what you're actually referring to to tweak accordingly.

Good AI on the Realistic difficulty setting. Whips my rear end.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

He's running it upscale from 720 or something.

I'd have mentioned something but what a Karen.

There's a loving 'sharpness' slider in the graphics options. Wonder if he noticed it. :allears:

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

big nipples big life posted:

Note that they removed auto block direction so if you are used to using that every difficulty is going to be significantly more difficult.

They also got rid of controlling your attack direction based on relative enemy position and the remaining option sucks so badly that I uninstalled and requested a Steam refund.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I guess the text isn't that bad actually after loading it up a second time, I probably had an exaggerated impression because my overall experience was negative. It's more that I don't particularly care for the ui and presentation. Still, the game looks and feels real bad to me as somebody who hasn't touched Warband in years.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Kylaer posted:

They also got rid of controlling your attack direction based on relative enemy position and the remaining option sucks so badly that I uninstalled and requested a Steam refund.

Clearly there's always a bigger Karen.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'd probably be willing to try to adapt to some different controls after 10 years of waiting for a new game but that's just me.

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

I'm really digging the new UI. The info I need presented to me is clear and concise. The "trade rumors" on items is a god send. My only complaint is the number of crashes I'm getting.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Kylaer posted:

Lol wow I didn't think attacking via mouse swings or WASD movement would be so controversial to some.

Maybe he's one of those guys who hate the idea of sucking at something when they try something different.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I kinda wish they'd just copy mordhau with the chamber/parry system. Maybe there'll be a mod for it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Not my screenshots, but apparently if you hit R during character creation, your character becomes a baby.

They apparently have an appropriately sized, much smaller hitbox, so this looks like it should give a big advantage as you would be harder to hit.

Diogines fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 30, 2020

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
What does “enable death” actually entail on character creation? Will your character be perma-dead or is it just for companions dying instead of just being knocked unconscious or what?

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Ragnar the Itty Bitty, Taker of Naps, Destroyer of Nipples

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

BlackJosh posted:

What does “enable death” actually entail on character creation? Will your character be perma-dead or is it just for companions dying instead of just being knocked unconscious or what?

Companions can die.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Diogines posted:

Not my screenshots, but apparently if you hit R during character creation, your character becomes a baby.

They apparently have an appropriately sized, much smaller hitbox, so this looks like it should give a big advantage as you would be harder to hit.

goty

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I love the full size shield.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Man looters are surprisingly deadly. Mostly, I think, with the AI actually being pretty smart about swarming when they have numbers instead of the conga lines of Warband.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Has anyone done a 'drive the herd' mission? I see the sheep on the world map but can't interact with them.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Thom12255 posted:

Companions can die.

Are companions unique and limited or are they random genned now or something? That'd kinda suck if they could die permanently and there is only a set number of em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The combat feels way more brutal than Warband. Some of that is definitely the new blocking system but the AI feels really aggressive. Does anyone have any tips?