Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
1.5.7 is very unstable for me. But it seems to load scenes much faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Yep game is running much much nicer on my cranky old rig. Surprisingly well tbh.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I keep getting the urge to start playing again

How annoying are rebellions? Seems like it could get old quick if devs misplaced a comma somewhere as they are wont to do, leading to non-stop uprisings

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I feel like the game should start up more divided, like instead of nations there's roaming clans and you are just one of them. Nations can form naturally after some in game time. Would give more chance for mid sized battles.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

socialsecurity posted:

I feel like the game should start up more divided, like instead of nations there's roaming clans and you are just one of them. Nations can form naturally after some in game time. Would give more chance for mid sized battles.

I'm sure a mod will do that but I doubt the base game will change.

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Is there anywhere that has a collection of hilarious banners?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

Now that they've added support for independent clans and rebellions, this seems like a no-brainer to add. Maybe keep some nations already around and break off basically the border the border settlements into independent small little fiefdoms instead of everyone having a nation behind them.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Ravenfood posted:

Now that they've added support for independent clans and rebellions, this seems like a no-brainer to add. Maybe keep some nations already around and break off basically the border the border settlements into independent small little fiefdoms instead of everyone having a nation behind them.

That sounds great. I'd love to run a war against a little realm consisting of, like, a city and a castle. It'd be an interesting short-term goal, without having to worry about a 1,200-strong stack arriving to stomp your garrison when you're located on the other side of the kingdom.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

TescoBag posted:

Is there anywhere that has a collection of hilarious banners?

https://www.reddit.com/r/BannerlordBanners/

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I just scrolled through a bunch and have yet to see one that qualifies as mildy amusing let alone hilarious. Nary a Goatse in sight, someone should port the one from Battle Brothers.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Wafflecopper posted:

I just scrolled through a bunch and have yet to see one that qualifies as mildy amusing let alone hilarious. Nary a Goatse in sight, someone should port the one from Battle Brothers.

A lot of these seem unironic. Ernest, even.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah those are legit terrible. When the game first came out there were some really awesome ones posted to reddit but those look like actual MS paint poo poo and not in the cool funny way.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world

Oh yeah if you arrange by "top" then there are some funny ones

https://www.reddit.com/r/BannerlordBanners/comments/g7x10t/kfc_logo/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BannerlordBanners/comments/fy0s6k/vlandian_chad_and_imperial_virgin/

https://www.reddit.com/r/BannerlordBanners/comments/g3iye4/i_am_an_artist/

Enjoy fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 15, 2021

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Anyone have had any issue with invincible children roaming around the battlefield since 1.5.7?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

DJ Dizzy posted:

Anyone have had any issue with invincible children roaming around the battlefield since 1.5.7?

lol

God I wish I had the time to get back into this

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Are there any mods that work on the equipment side of things? I feel like the equipment progression is really messed up. It's like starting equipment->tournament win stuff-> bought stuff ->miniscule chance of capturing it. Fighting bandits or most enemies just gives crap to vendor.

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
Anyone find that performance is progressively getting worse?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Performance on campaign map seems worse than half a year ago. Also Why does the AI insist on making a circle around our ranged units so that they cant fire? Wasting like half our army.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

bltzn posted:

Anyone find that performance is progressively getting worse?

Yeah the campaign map stutters a lot. And for some reason the game always stutters on my first kill of each battle?

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

how wife get pregant? how is babby born?

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Have her in party and then use the "spend time in settlement" button when you are in a town or castle.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Is this the same procedure if you're playing a female character? Can you go into battle pregnant?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Muscle Tracer posted:

Is this the same procedure if you're playing a female character? Can you go into battle pregnant?

Unless they changed it in the last 6 months, it's identical, and has zero bearing on combat.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Just remember that you are fighting for 2 now.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

DJ Dizzy posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > M&B Bannerlord: Anyone else have issues with invincible children roaming the battlefield?

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

It's a serious issue okay?!

:saddowns:

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Buller posted:

Does this mean you get double EXP or half EXP? Nobody knows!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Buller posted:

You lose honor fighting in a duel since its 2 on 1

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Buller posted:

Performance on campaign map seems worse than half a year ago. Also Why does the AI insist on making a circle around our ranged units so that they cant fire? Wasting like half our army.

Well what do you know there's beta patch notes from today that includes

quote:

Fixed some campaign map performance problems.

also nice some complaints i had when i last played being addressed

quote:

Increased the chance for players to experience defensive sieges by adjusting the total power inside of settlement where the player is located to 70% of its actual value when assessed by NPC parties

Fixed an issue during the loading phase that resulted in crafted items appearing in tournaments and not being removed from towns.

Added one-click orders to F4 through F9 keys. Players can now give: (Also in e1.5.6 hotfix.)
F4 - Toggle Fire
F5 - Toggle Mount
F6 - Toggle AI
F7 - Face Direction
F8 - Shield Wall
F9 - Line Formation orders

nothing as funny as the "fixed the matchmaker so it prioritizes people who have been waiting longer rather than prioritizing people who were waiting for a shorter time" note though

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/261550?emclan=103582791456145274&emgid=4818256314848985765

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jan 18, 2021

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

speaking of the crafted weapons getting everywhere have they ever fixed the thing where javelins are worth like a zillion billion dollars

bltzn
Oct 26, 2020

For the record I do not have a foot fetish.
1.5.6 also hosed workshop profits, suddenly found myself with 0 gold, luckily I had a castle filled with prisoners that I could quickly sell off but drat

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

bltzn posted:

1.5.6 also hosed workshop profits, suddenly found myself with 0 gold, luckily I had a castle filled with prisoners that I could quickly sell off but drat

Yeah, that's fixed in 1.5.7. Apparently, the exploitation of child soldiers seems to be the fault of a mod. Improved Garrisons from what ive tested? Or Noble Nobles.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

DJ Dizzy posted:

Apparently, the exploitation of child soldiers seems to be the fault of a mod.

That is a hell of a sentence out of context.

Shear Modulus posted:

speaking of the crafted weapons getting everywhere have they ever fixed the thing where javelins are worth like a zillion billion dollars

I think it is going to be awhile till they fix this. The way the game calculates price of items is kinda hosed.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

One of the issues is that the way the game presents transactions has very little resemblance to the real medieval economy. There are hardly any interactions in the game that don't involve cash exchanges. There's no real free exchanges, payments in kind, or obligations to speak of, and as a result the only way to make certain things seem really valuable is to jack their price up to a farcical level.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Cognac McCarthy posted:

One of the issues is that the way the game presents transactions has very little resemblance to the real medieval economy. There are hardly any interactions in the game that don't involve cash exchanges. There's no real free exchanges, payments in kind, or obligations to speak of, and as a result the only way to make certain things seem really valuable is to jack their price up to a farcical level.

It would be hard to make a game like this without a unified currency to judge costs against. Balancing a hundred different forms of exchange against one another would be difficult since all the systems interact with one another.

Regardless, you can justify it in-game because you're a mercenary captain cum upstart noble, so you aren't really involved in many of those exchanges happening in the background.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Mesadoram posted:

That is a hell of a sentence out of context.

Although not at all a surprising one

e: have they fixed the bug where your guy shouts infantry instead of cavalry when selecting cavalry

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

That's your companions frigging it up. Make em into your own personal Honor guard

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

i think you can actually click on your companions who have horses in the party screen and click on the I and change it to a III so they're actually categorized as calvary and then when they get lumped into the calvary unit the shout is correct

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

Enjoy posted:

It would be hard to make a game like this without a unified currency to judge costs against. Balancing a hundred different forms of exchange against one another would be difficult since all the systems interact with one another.

Regardless, you can justify it in-game because you're a mercenary captain cum upstart noble, so you aren't really involved in many of those exchanges happening in the background.

I think you could do some things without introducing multiple currencies. Pay your troops in food and the promise of shared loot (rather than daily coin) with a morale system that leads them to abandon you if you don't give them enough opportunities, ala Sid Meier's Pirates. Also, make it so your liege issues orders and attacks you or retracts your lands if you don't obey, etc. Another limitation is that you always swear fealty to a faction's leader, rather than a specific nobleman with his own holdings. Added hierarchy would also allow for better intra-faction squabbling and personal alliance-building, where you can be called on for favors without an exchange of coin.

I know it would add a lot of complexity that would be difficult to build into the game to do these, and maybe a mod will address it down the line. I guess I want the game to be a touch closer to CK3, which is tough on a map this small and with this many factions. The broad point I'm trying to make is that monetary exchange was a relatively small part of the medieval economy and I think a lot of the issues with the game come down to the the fact that that's nowhere to be found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I think you could do some things without introducing multiple currencies. Pay your troops in food and the promise of shared loot (rather than daily coin) with a morale system that leads them to abandon you if you don't give them enough opportunities, ala Sid Meier's Pirates.

You actually already do this; the reason good loot is so rare to find is your troops and companions taking the best stuff out of the loot before you get the leftovers. So you pay your troops in food, coin, and loot!