Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
What does “enable death” actually entail on character creation? Will your character be perma-dead or is it just for companions dying instead of just being knocked unconscious or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
So anyone know how to recruit cavalry from the Aserai? It seems like from the encyclopedia troop tree you need to recruit “Aserai Youths” for at least one line of cavalry but the only recruiting options I see in the cities and towns seem to be the infantry recruits that you can only level up into archer or spear infantry or higher up some infantry down the upgrade line but no cavalry. Am I just missing them and having really bad luck or do I have to go somewhere special or recruit a certain place to get the starter cavalry recruits (for the Aserai specifically... wanna get my big band of desert horse raiders together)

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Randarkman posted:

Really happy with the character I've been using, modelled him somewhat after classic Conan, but he also came out looking a bit like Spock, just with a whole bunch of chin.

Recreated a couple of times (took picture of slider values). Incidentally is there a mod that lets you import and export slider values?

From a bunch of pages back, but what up fellow Conan character creator!

Go grab yourself some Battanian Savage Armor and a highland shoulder strap (both real cheap in the Battanian cities...the strap might take a few passes to find, I think forest bandits can drop them too) to complete the ensemble... running around half naked with a horde of barbarian steppe nomads is the absolute perfect tribal chieftain/warlord Conan the Barbarian simulator

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Neuronyx posted:

But the pic says one is more good than the other and I feel like that isn't true to life. I need answers drat it!

Yeah a lot of steppe bows in the real world were small and dramatically curved so they had a lot of draw weight but were compact enough to use on horseback

A short self-bow (which is the kind of bow a longbow is, not recurved) would be like the hunting bow you start the game out with (if you choose scouts? Not sure how starting weapons and poo poo works)

BlackJosh fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Apr 26, 2020