Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
The bugs from quests and skill gains are really getting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Glenn Quebec posted:

They have ... Like... A .33 chance to escape. So, it's extremely high by default. I've set it to zero and they still escape and I've set it to .000001 and the same. It's really unfortunate.

I hope their chance to escape doesn't go through a dumb equation like the skills seems to.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

This is the only bug I want fixed.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

What's the bug?

math

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

The numbers are added up at the bottom...?

The end result is the learning rate minus the learning limit. I don't know where it's getting the input numbers from but the numbers displayed are clearly all related to each other as the maths shows?

Yah, the numbers add up because someone was trying to figure out how 0.77 + 51.85 + 61.54 is 4.15

That doesn't add up.

So they found out the game is subtracting the learning limit from that total. That means the higher your learning limit is, the slower your skill gain is.

Does that make sense to you?

Putting a point in a skill increases learning rate, but also increases your learning limit which decreases your learning rate.

Putting a point in a stat increases the learning limit that decreases the learning rate.

why is that a thing.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

[edit] They really need to give you the option of starting in your culture's territory if you're not imperial.

There is a good mod for that

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I can not wait for this building to be finished

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

Does having a Wainwright as Governor do anything? As in, does her Engineering skill affect the town?

20% something, I think it is build faster.

I checked back on the castle and now it is at -445%

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

dogstile posted:

You should change the project to improve your prosperity at the bottom, that'll fix that.

Is that even possible with an item in que? I swear you can not delete the top item in que, only replace it with a non infinite item.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

New companions are good but they all suffer the problems of their skill trees being poo poo to level

I had to get a cross bow to level one of them.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I really like taking the desert nomads and upgrading them into faris knights but they require 1 horse and 2 war horses to fully upgrade.

Thankfully war horses are easy to get in the desert.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

My guide to playing this game

Get javs
throw javs
save one jav
hit x
stab with jav

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh dear me posted:

Who, if anyone, should I make governor of my castles? None of my companions seem to give any bonuses.

who have to get them the right traits

also a lot of the traits don't work

also the same culture is good, different culture is bad

enjoy

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I really need to turn on deaths and go live a life of a bandit king.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gaj posted:

Is anyone else seeing a distinct lact of chest armor? I see plenty of helmets, boots, hand, and cloaks but almost no chest armor. Is this a patch thing or based on local workshops?

This has been my issue with the Aserai. I want their armor, I build workshops, I never see it.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

You can fight against minor factions that aren’t currently serving as merics to get better gear and capture some non-bandit troops. I’d of course recommend against the cavalry heavy ones because they’re hard to catch and avoid on the map. This will put your clan at war with them but if you merc for someone, vassalize yourself or start a kingdom that will get reset. Just release the minor lords and you’ll gain favor with them but I’m not sure it does anything.

Just remember oath keepers are garbage so don’t recruit them just sell their stupid asses off to the slaver.

I used to do this but with the merc change, the faction I want to fight keeps moving around.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I have had 3 companions leading armies. The Prince, Horsethief, and The Falcon.

Despite doing this for over 10 hours, the falcon has never been caught or defeated in battle and I am still amazed by this.

He is the only one of them with tactics.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Also trip report.

Aesarai can't seem to produce anything better than leather strips over padded robe from workshops.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I managed to find some "Aserai Archer" armor in one town, which cost 50k and had semi-decent protection (30s with 10 to arms and legs) IIRC) but I really do think the sheer amount of random headware is causing some kind of inventory limit to be hit. A shame because I'm currently playing an Aserai game and just came back to Aserai lands from my first big successful mercenary contract to rebuild my unit and purchase aesthetically appropriate Aserai gear.

Went from a hilarious hodge-podge of random looted Vlandian and Imperial gear (was working for the Sturgians) to looking more appropriate for a Desert Mercenary.

Wasn't able to make an Aserai-themed banner I liked, so I just stole borrowed one:

If I am lucky, I can find Souther Scale Shoulders, but the rest is so god drat hard to find.

I mean this was a problem in warband as well. If you wanted to look like your faction, you had to farm your faction.

I was excited when I saw the Beni Zilal mercs since that meant I could get at least some aeserai gear. But they are never near me anymore. They used to just stay in one area.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Even with over 200 rougery, I'm not finding much lord loot.

And holy poo poo did it take forever to get there even with a 20x mod.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hey bandits

Want to work for me for some money?

Oh sorry, no I don't have 275 rougery yet

How about turning you into a knight? Whats that? Like 75 skill or something

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Genghis Cohen posted:

Ha, I do have to say it's weird that bandits often turn into the 'noble' troop line.

very accurate to real life

The desert bandits are great since they become archers, mamuluke cav, or the noble cav.

I just want that roguery option dropped down to like 50 or 100.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

i found a solution to my bandit army

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

:siren: COMPLAINT WARNING :siren:

Yeah, skill reqs for stuff seem insane. I will never see a skill above 200 in the span of a campaign based on growth speed. poo poo, getting riding to 90 is hard enough even with playing cav the entire game. I really hope they do something different with the system, because it just doesn't feel good.

I have one of the mods that lets you put a global experience modifier and even x20 will stall out later on.

It is literally insane.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ravenfood posted:

Which one? The tweaks mod keeps crashing for me.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/19

just read the installation since there is dll fuckery

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

3 other mods I've found nice

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/378

this lets you respec companions if you found leveling them to be a pain like if they needed crossbow or tactics or other poo poo you couldn't get them for what ever reason

There is a console command and I think it does it when you first hire them

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/212

Cultured start that lets you start where you want

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/255

This tweaks train the meek and combat tips

By default, if you have 100 recruits, it gives like 25 experience. This changes it to be more like warband so if you have 100 recruits it gives 25x100 experience.

There is also a mod that does something similar for prisoners in your party. Apparently the game rolls once per type of troop per day to see who you recruit instead of once for each troop of a troop type.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Is there a better way to see diplomacy without being in a kingdom? Also can I see who is at war with who, not necessarily me?

the only way I know how is to either use the n screen or right click on a town and navigate to the clan that owns that town, the clan that rules that clan, and check the bottom of that page

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

eonwe posted:

is there a mod that lets you skip the *talk to 10 nobles* quest to make a kingdom

quick start does that, I think, also there is one that just lets you start a kingdom

Tabletops posted:

lol i had like two cities and had millions of denar. it's not a big deal.

I think people want it earlier than the time it takes to get millions of denar

Like it isn't the cost that is the problem
It is the time to get that much money

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Baronjutter posted:

God I wish instead of just shrugging and inflating prices they'd take the time to design a good economy that makes sense and scales properly.

no game has ever designed a good economy since they use a capitalist system

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

On the beta patch, I just found ringmail and lamellar in aersai towns, so that is a big plus.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I've had rep go up in a city by waiting there, but I think it was because my companions were doing some work while being in my party.

who knows

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Jose posted:

Started a new game and decided to give throwing weapons a go instead of bows since people seem to like them. I take it I lose a lot of range but gain an extra weapon slot. Going to miss sniping people in sieges though

A lot of the throwing perks don't work, like extra ammo, but god drat are the animations great.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

lotta people swearing by the fact they can kill like... five guys. Thats... not a high number of guys.

Uh but my 10 guys can also kill 5 guys each

Also the AI loves to make skirmishers actually skirmish in aesari armies but it looks like a horde of angry bees

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gamerofthegame posted:

edit: namely, javs do like 20-40 damage, axes do 70-120

you need to find different javs

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Man I love the beta build prices. Holy poo poo.

The downside to the bow is it takes 2 slots where this takes 1. But the Jereed is pretty much a short spear with that length.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 12, 2020

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

I think the prices being like that are so that only someone whose been campaigning hard can actually start using the best of the best poo poo. Like you can pretty much tell when somethings not intended for some fifty horse steppe-baby because its worth ten thousand denars, you must be at least this loaded with war profits to buy this cool hat.

I think, but not 100% on this, that I got most of my jereeds from desert bandits and now I need to go farm some more to see if that was right or not.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

where the heck do nobles get their bejazzled helmets?

some of that poo poo is so rare or doesn't spawn so other people have decided to just marry people and take their poo poo

or use this mod

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/294

execute a lord and take their poo poo

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gobblecoque posted:

I've been giving the Aserai a try and man desert bandits are surprisingly annoying. If they're not on horseback then they carry spears that my own cavalry just freakin love to plant themselves on.

once you get about 10 archers, you can take them out

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Chopstix posted:

I gave captains mode a try and it is loving fantastic

It looks like a fun version of tiger knight or conquerors blade

rip tiger knight where you could have a unit of people wielding oars beating the crap out of cav

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Neat crash with e1.1.0

If you pick up either rank 75 trade skill, you apparently crash when finishing a bandit lair and getting to its loot

The solution it to use a mod to respec your character and not pick that up