Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Clanpot Shake posted:

How do you get influence at all? Votes come up all the time and my options are "spend all my influence on something that doesn't benefit me" or "piss off everyone involved by not voting"

Abstaining doesn't seem to actually affect relations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Sergeants and Shock Troopers like to use polearms too much

Sturgian Veteran and Imperial infantries are my favourites because they only swap away from their one hander to use javelins, which still use the shield

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

quote:

In-game Info

20% chance to avoid persuasion critical failure

Code Analysis (Beta v1.3)

This perk incorrectly multiplies the crit fail chance by 1.2 (+20%), making it easier to crit fail. Whoops! Note that this is multiplicative, not additive, so it will turn a 10% crit fail chance into 12%, not 30%. It is useless for anyone but the player.

lmaoooo

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

OGS-Remix posted:

:stonk:

I hope overhauling the perk system means that more then like 6 trees work at all. Whatever happened to the community patch that fixed some of these? it looks like their nexus mod page hasn't been updated in a while.

This one has some perk fixes, it's updated for 1.4

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/186

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Flavius Aetass posted:

These all sound like the kind of problems I'd get an email about and fix in a few hours of looking at the formulas. "Sorry, overlooked a couple variables. Got it fixed and it's ready for beta!" I mean what the gently caress

Development versions of games are often way slower than release builds because they have a bunch of diagnostics to record when crashes are happening... that can make playtesting a pain for devs

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I like my banner!

11.83.83.1990.1966.768.788.1.0.0.141.84.116.221.176.650.861.0.0.0.141.84.116.188.150.654.941.0.0.0.141.84.116.161.128.666.1019.0.0.0.505.6.116.1616.999.1541.1268.0.0.0.505.6.116.1616.999.-18.305.0.0.0.141.84.116.221.176.899.727.0.0.0.141.84.116.221.176.897.570.0.0.0.141.84.116.221.176.899.649.0.0.0.424.84.116.126.100.873.962.0.0.0.424.84.116.126.100.931.889.0.0.0.424.84.116.126.100.815.889.0.0.0.424.84.116.126.100.637.689.0.0.0.424.84.116.126.100.696.615.0.0.0.424.84.116.126.100.580.615.0.0.0

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Flavius Aetass posted:

Is it possible that going around selling $100k javelins has hosed up my economy?

I'm pretty sure a town's money gets created from nowhere so I doubt it

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Fishbus posted:

I swear the sturgians go to war with everyone even if they're getting their asses handed to them

All the kingdoms do, it's just Sturgia has awful geography and very poor towns

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

wilderthanmild posted:

Things I play Bannerlord for: my insatiable love of horses.

Tastes great cooked in oil

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

I used to mock AI lords that got captured by looters, then one day I myself was captured by them immediately after being released by an enemy faction. My character was too underdeveloped to win on his own. They really should make it so that you respawn near one of your own (faction's) cities instead of forcing you to walk all the way back through hostile territory.

They should make armour better so looters can't kill you in 10 rocks while wearing full lamellar

Let us make helmets out of the materials they use for shields

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

downout posted:

Anyone heard/seen anything regarding fixing the clan independence "bug". I put quotes around bug because maybe it's intentional?

I left my kingdom (vassal), took a castle, and completed all the other parts for the main quest line to make an independent kingdom, but the independent clan box never checks for the quest.

I think you need a town rather than a castle?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

toasterwarrior posted:

Hi, I've finally come into some money and can buy video games again. How's EA Bannerlord; is it stable enough to commit some playtime to?

Yeah it's a lot of fun

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

LazyQ posted:

Is there a good tactic for taking out a fully manned forest bandit hideout, or should I just not bother?

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/35

I use the 25 man version

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

The weapon skills seem to level at a nice pace but stuff like trade and leadership take absolutely forever

I think if the game took place over a longer timeframe the longer training times for non-combat skills would be fine. Your character would be looking at like 10 years of hard work to get to the very top (whereas you can get a town as a vassal and then split to form a kingdom in under a year right now)

I think the tradeoff between hack and slash arcade adventure vs epic roleplaying campaign is currently falling to hard on the former side thanks to the rapid pace of development of the game (I played like 20 characters for a couple of days each and only stopped doing that recently when the perks started getting implemented so I had more investment in my character)

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

In this scenario, lowtax is Harlaus and all the extra fiefs are dollars that should've gone into forum maintenance. I'm not sure what to do with this metaphor

the cookies are butter

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

My idiot ruler Derthert refuses to declare war on anyone. How do I go about triggering an entertaining war without everyone hating me? I've sunk a lot of influence into votes for war, but it's never quite enough.
On another note, why is the icon for influence a partially-peeled banana?

You can raid a village to start a war

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

lol

Is it weird that I have no desire to try out smithing, it just sounds like it trivializes the game. It's always more fun to me when I struggle a bit at the start, only to eventually overcome it

It trivialises the game... but the game is pretty unevenly balanced right now so I think it's okay.

I mostly use the broken smithing to be able to buy armour that NPC solders get for a hundred denars when they're promoted so screw it

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

toasterwarrior posted:

Those beta changes are real good, I'm glad TW seems to be open to making radical QoL changes that would have been the purview of mods in the past.

We're talking about the cheer function right

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
New beta patch stops you proceeding past this screen if another party surrenders to you lol

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

On this note, my previous run-through had this weird bug where the same three villages would constantly offer the Extortion By Deserters quest. I mean it was a great source of income, but I felt kind of bad for the world's unluckiest peasants...

Turns out those peasants just had the bright idea to tell passing adventuring companies that the local lord's taxmen were brigands

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Glass of Milk posted:

Is there a mod to display smithing fatigue or whatever? I hate guessing at how much to rest.

I think it tells you when you hover the mouse over the portraits at the bottom

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrecking_(shipwreck)

There are lots of stories set in Cornwall, where I live, about wreckers. I remember watching a TV show set in the Isles of Scilly about it :britain:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

I played like 60 hours right after release - how much finished does the game feel now? I don't wanna miss out, but I'm willing to wait until the game gets a little more solidified

I don't think it's radically different now. It has some improvements, like more interesting perks, more options in kingdom building, and more pieces of armour. But most of the work has gone into fixing bugs, and back end stuff we can't see.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I'm also thinking about playing again. Are there are must have qol mods outside of maybe bannerlord tweaks and the community patch?
bannerpaste

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
A photographer took pictures of people before and after she told them they were at war, surrender or die

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

terrorist ambulance posted:

What mods are people using now?

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/1003

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
lol here's a fun new bug: sovereigns now seem to get a 3 point influence bonus, and independent clans also get this bonus. Joining an existing kingdom as a merc doesn't wipe out this influence, so if you've waited a while you get an immediate boost of money for cashing in your influence

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
[solemnly] That was a nice head you had on your shoulders

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

LegoMan posted:

"For Glory!" I scream as I run down a bunch of fleeing villagers

Routers should probably drop their weapons and shields to make you feel a tiny bit bad about this

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Bedshaped posted:

What is the best way to build up Leadership early on? I really want that disiplinarian perk.

Pick all the leadership options during character creation. I always do this.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

It honestly feels too good. Not that I think it should be excluded, just...why is it paired opposite anything else? It's going to get picked every time, at least as long as bandits are a reliable source of elite troops.

E: it's a great perk and I think most of the trees should have some kind of perk similarly valuable around 125, since it's kind of a mid-tier "capstone".

Maybe there should be a bunch of perks for recruiting bandits in the rogue tree, paired off against each other, so you have to pick forest bandits vs mountain bandits, steppe bandits vs desert bandits etc

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is the bow thing fixed on fishbus' mod

Anyone have any other recommendations for mod. The mod community seems to be stalling out a bit, a lot of the more popular ones haven't been updated for months

I don't use mods anymore sorry, I got sick of compatibility issues

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I could see maybe one random piece of armour deteriorating by a step every time you get KO'd in real combat (not duels)

Being able to repair armour might then be a good idea

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
It would be cool if those garrison bonuses were changes to minimum number of soldiers before you consume the food supply

But then again those bonuses are for governors, right? And I never use governors

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Oh this is cool, there's now a mechanical bonus for picking the same culture as the kingdom you'll side with (and a reason not to always be a Battanian for the forest movement bonus)

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Easiest way to level combat skills is to chase down routing enemies. Also remember you get a multiplier on experience for having more focuses and attributes in that area

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
I think of the extra parties as like a command structure for your army... I put my family members in charge of them like it's a Total War game haha

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Ravenfood posted:

Is there any way to assign companions/other commanders to command detachments if they have better stats for that group? I haven't been able to figure it out.

I think you need to disband the party and create a new one to change commander (they go to a town or castle you own)

I don't think we're currently able to assign companions as members of different parties which is a shame (would be cool to have medics assigned to each party)

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
Changed the Veterans' Respect perk secondary effect to be able to upgrade bandit type troops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
By build do you mean the starting character options? I like having charm and leadership at 30 so I start out with the good perks (ice breaker and combat tips)