Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Why in the hell give a character shortcut in the village/city menu but then require loading into the battle map to actually do the talking? That's so stupid and frustrating every time I talk try to talk to someone.

Also did Warband have basic raider parties that never carried any goods? I'm running around killing looter parties but haven't seen a single one with anything but armor and weapons. Most incompetent looters in history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Skill growth is horrifically slow. You start with such low values in everything, and everything grows at a snail's pace. I'm swimming in focus points that are worthless to me, as my growth potential in my skills is already double digit points higher than my actual values.

It's pretty heavily dependent upon how many focus points you have in the skill and your stats. Although some skills level up pretty fast. I'll get 1-3 points of Athletics or Riding every single battle, and I'll hit my cap on those quick. Same with my weapon of choice. Steward you can level up just waiting in a town and watch it go up 2-3 points a day, so that's just of factor of a few minutes at max speed with enough food/gold to pay/feed troops.

Engineering, Scouting, etc... are so niche I imagine they'll be hard to level up just due to lack of opportunity. Weirdly Surgeon doesn't seem to level up as I thought it would on the tooltip, so that may be a slow one as well.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone know if we're supposed to be able to reload a crossbow on horseback or not? I can't tell if it's a bug that I can't or if it's a feature because the dev's think no one ever used a crossbow on a horse or not.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Hefty Leftist posted:

can confirm it's incredible to see 500 house archers circle around 500 Sturgian spearmen and absolutely massacre them with arrows

Honestly a bit too OP. I joined with the eastern faction with their horse archers, signed up to an army, and besieged a castle. My side had 170ish troops, about half horse archers and half everything else. First we destroyed the defenders which sallied out, which was 200 some odd troops with zero losses. Then one of their lords assembled their own army that had around 160 units and beat them back in the next fight with only 20 losses. It was brutal.

The AI commanders even use actual tactics. The infantry was deployed in a line in front of the archers and melee cav, while the horse archers were sent to circle the approaching army. When the opposing army got close the infantry charged to keep some dinstance to the archers, and when our infantry won the day they were formed into a square to stop being charged by the opposing melee cav. I'd chosen to control no wing of the army, so it was all AI commands.