Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Caldog is randomly -44 even though I'm a vassal with a castle and two fiefs? How do I get him to not hate me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Do mods work on the beta branch? Is the beta branch at all stable? Haven't played in a couple months so want to see how it's shaping up. Any recommended mods also appreciated.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Coward posted:

:stare:

I mean, I knew some Perks weren't working, but that many? Amazing and disheartening resource there.

They're doing a large overhaul of the systems at some point, so they're not spending much time in getting these working.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

New quests too

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Western Empire bout to die entirely in the early game on this run for me

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

That beta patch seems dope

:negative: but I'm so far in a good run

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

is the save file not compatible? ive been able to load the same save in later versions before.

Interesting! Didn't know this. May have to try...

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

They're so friendly let them go

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Goddamn just had a fairly small battle of my party vs. 4 little ones and my only casualty was my best companion perma-dying

Two of theirs died in battle too but still

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

Is there any timeline for substantive updates on this thing? I've been waiting a while to come back to it because it's still pretty raw but it seems to be taking a while

Current beta is a pretty big update

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/373

the game is good

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

trapped mouse posted:

Yeah I was wrong about the quest being unable to complete. I should probably Stop Posting until I learn a little bit more about the game.

However, because I know this is a goon mod I feel compelled to ask. Does anyone know if Fishbus's Power Up mod is compatible with 1.5.0?

Description says:

BUILT FOR LATEST BETA BRANCH v1.4.3
(and main branch v1.4.2)

Wouldn't bank on it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Comrayn posted:

Did they ever make the perks work?

slow but steady they're being implemented / reworked. 1.5 changed a bunch.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Modding tools beta

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/News/399

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Bird posted:

This game is amazing, but holy hell does it have a long way to go. I got it over the weekend, made it to tier 2 clan, pledged to Lucien/Battania, and got a castle through leveraging influence. I was really excited until I noticed that I cannot feed my castle! I got stacks of grain to the castle, but there is no way to supply my peasants. I am sure there is much more missing, but that was just such a glaring feature it kind of took the wind out of my play.

How are the fiefs connected to the castle? If they're not well-fed, the castle won't be. Keep dumping food in those and running missions for the fiefs and eventually the castle will get its food stocks up.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Bird posted:

This is my plan. I will just periodically check on the development/nexus to see where mods and fixes are. It sounds like the community will make it *more* playable before TaleWorlds gets that far.

So, I have one adjacent village which has my clan name on it but I cannot see it in my clan/fiefdom/settlement screen. I am at work, so I will have to check in the castle window to see if it connected there when I get home. I just assumed that there is no connection/functionality. Do I need to dump my food in that village's market and then make sure it is not raided out? Do I really need to babysit my village, since there is no way to hire a guard detail or patrol?

You don't have to completely babysit it, just swing by to make sure it doesn't get raided if it's on the front lines and kill looter / bandit patrols to keep them from ganking your villagers going between the city to sell and the castle to feed. But yeah, you're going to want to dump surplus food into the town because they'll both rely and it and sell it, plus any parties that roll through the area will be buying food too. IIRC there's something in the castle that boosts production of town food. Pump money in the castle for production bonuses. It takes a while to get them stable because chances are it was raided before your kingdom captured the castle and it was assigned to you.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Muscle Tracer posted:

is there a way to build up a squad of Fian Champions that isn't just doing loops of Battania and stopping in at every village along the way? i don't suppose there's a way to just directly mod your army.

Disciplinarian perk if memory serves helps

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

Every so often I wonder about playing this game again, check the thread to see where it's at, and leave thinking "I'll give it some more time in the oven."

I'm never going to play this game again am I?

Dunno it's real good and fun as is

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Are the maps in campaign or just for doing solo battles?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

iirc the way that I would get the most unlocks is making the biggest, most difficult items possible.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

DasNeonLicht posted:

I feel really lovely posting for tech support here, but I played 80 hours last April on Bannerlord, and it worked like a charm on my brother's c. 2018 hand-me-down computer.

Now, on the very same system, almost a year later, the launcher is crashing on start through Steam.

I've tried reinstalling, updating my graphics drivers, double-checking my firewalls and virus protection programs, and verifying file integrity through Steam, but I still can't play.

Anyone have any tips?

thank you very much

Is it straight crash to desktop? What version are you running?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

Is this game stable/good yet?

Yeah

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

It's fun to run my army into another army

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I started a new run entirely, after a few months off. Lots of new stuff!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh man, joined the green dudes in the middle of a big gently caress off war. Several 500+ v 500+ battles later peace is made...but settlements are too weak to prevent rebellions and major cities turn and we have to recapture them. Game good.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

On one hand that would make being a commander on foot easier

On the other hand it lessens the chaos of trying to coordinate multiple groups of troops

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

terrorist ambulance posted:

Being a lord or mercenary is fun, but the problem is the AI is not good and you have so little influence over the conduct of wars, etc, which is crippling because the AI makes such weird decisions

Also there's some policies that pretty heavily favour the leader of a kingdom

I have a good / bad idea that I have no clue whether it will work.

I've already married Caldog's daughter and she's pregnant. I'm still fairly low influence, but the dude loves me. I'm thinking if I get relations up with other people in the kingdom, then I can "accidently" snipe him in the back of the head battle after battle until he dies. Dunno if that will make me king, but I want to see. At least then I'd have an established kingdom instead of everyone hating me.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Well my genius plan got thwarted because Caldog got murked in a battle (not by me on "accident") and I hadn't been in the kingdom long enough. Oh well!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dorkopotamis posted:

My context for how this game is being received has up until today been this thread, which is generally positive.

Today I ventured into the tailworlds official forum, which seems to be in open mutiny. They seem very dissatisfied with the game and its development. Did something happen? I know this game has had a pretty slow development cycle, but I think it's coming together nicely. Why are people so upset?

Do you want to play a game vs do you want it to be your life

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

How necessary is a NVMe for this game?

I have a standard SSD only no issues

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

BMan posted:

ok dumbass, try starting a free pirate site for warhammer and see how far that gets you

I love getting mad at mods, and modding

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Game's fun my Irish Elf run has been a blast

Although I may betray them :evilbuddy:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

bltzn posted:

I've never been able to assign captains even in an army. It's always locked. Is that something unlocked by a perk?

Beta build IIRC

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

How worth is Bannerlord over Warband? Fired up Warband again the other day and am wondering whether it's worth splashing out for the new one. Am I right in thinking there are way less mods for Bannerlord compared to the original?

Yes, currently. It's still very fun though!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Oh neat the beta patch just went live

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

It's really funny releasing a noble then fighting them again like five minutes later and mostly all their troops are the lowest level recruit

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

Did they ever buff the minor clan units back up to usefulness after that severe nerf they took early on in EA, or are they all still garbage?

They're helpful when you make armies, absolutely

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Broken Cog posted:

"Siege weapons are OP" - Medieval peasant, probably

Edit: What did they do to the workshops in the beta patch? I'm making almost no profit off any of them, and for the ones I do, it's pretty much just because I've supplied all the raw materials manually.

I love dropping the fire pot things on people trying to climb ladders in sieges.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Coolguye posted:

the other thing re: declaring yourself king or whatever is i'm curious how buying fiefs works while independent (e.g., the 300 trade perk)

however:

this also 100% applies to the way the game progresses. trying to do Trade "legitimately" will ensure that your character is in their 40s before they hit 300, so literally the only way to get that high without wanting to cut your own eyes out is - surprise! - use Smithing to do an exploit with materials.

at this point i am kind of considering turning the game on again, but the literal only way i can see tolerating it is if i install an XP gain mod and just crank it all the way to 100x so i instantly hard cap. genuinely, there are MMOs in existence with less grind than bannerlord.

Pretty sure you could just console command yourself those points.

Trade is fun early game but yeah does drag once you start getting into the higher skill levels. The pugio / caravan exploit is the fastest way to get high up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYWx2Azqu5g

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Lol I love getting a castle that I will do absolutely nothing with and cap its garrison wage at like 500 a day. Take it back I don't care!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

They'll also join other armies which is free influence points. Pretty sure they help with renown as well.