Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

So I just am getting into this game but can't understand how caravans work. I've had one running now for maybe 2 weeks but it doesn't seem to be generating or losing me any gold, and in fact I can't see anything about it in any of the clan screens. Where does it show up if it is making money? How do I tell how it's doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Shear Modulus posted:

it should be in the parties screen. it could also have been attacked by an enemy or bandit party and destroyed (it's very easy to miss the notification). if you don't see it in the parties screen you should look at the members screen to see where the companion you put in charge is located as being. they may have been captured then escaped and you can go pick them up

if the companion is listed as "HOLDING" (in caps) or waiting at some remote aserai village then they've escaped but are stuck in purgatory due to a bug and won't respawn so you need to download the telepathy mod to talk to them and get them to rejoin

e: if it's still alive you can see its contribution to your daily money change in the clan money screen

Ok I see it under caravan but when I hover over finance there's nothing indicating Caravan income. The caravan is moving around right now at Ocs hall, but yeah not seeing any cash flow in either direction.

EDIT: ok is it the number after 30/30 that 55? As I said it doesn't seem to be included in my finance tab as the current workshop income is 282.

Carillon fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jul 23, 2020

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Ah well thanks, everything I saw online said at most a week, but hopefully it starts paying back a little soon.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Is there any point to siege engines right now? It's weird you can only build 1 at a time, they get ganked by all 4 at once and then by the time you can rebuild the next one the damage you've done seems to get repaired.

Carillon
May 9, 2014

Panzeh posted:

You can pause and immediately put the siege engine in reserve and keep one of each type in reserve so eventually you can get your own four out to put them in the same spot but it's tedious.

LegoMan posted:

With enough Engineering you build them fast enough to outpace their building but you have to keep queuing up more every time yours die. Also I always make sure I have another army with mine because being alone it seems their siege weapons kill off my army fast. Eventually your trebuchets will be the ones ganking their siege and you can slowly pick at the walls.

Holy poo poo I had no idea, that does help a lot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carillon
May 9, 2014

albany academy posted:

gently caress me, i am also just finding out about this and goddamn it i still dont even know how to do it lol

Once built, pause it and then click on the siege machine itself.