Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
ok I was having fun and then I turned off the very easy mode and now I'm getting stomped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
I have a surgeon with 81 medicine and I barely get any heal rate increase from her.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
1.1.2's AI fix helped slowdowns in massive sieges for me tremendously, if you're still on an older version.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
how the gently caress can one of my vassals deny me entry to a castle?!!?

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Phlegmish posted:

gently caress this 'defeat x groups' quest. Remind me to never do them again. I defeated 6/7 mountain bandit groups, couldn't find the last one for the life of me, so I get a relation decrease. How are you supposed to track them? I even tried stopping at villages.

For me they've been pretty easy to find. They usually just run at you honestly. Maybe you need better scouting / put someone with high scouting as Scout in clan roles?

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

gently caress off Batman posted:

Not a vassal, but a sole guard that chills alone in the throne room in a castle with zero garrison and militia.

Ok, I solved this by spending influence points.

How do I keep my vassals from somehow declaring war on other kingdoms?

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Motherfucker posted:

Huh, neat. A tactics skill that lets me deploy my guys on any battle. Seems game changing!

Oh. It dosn't work... oh...

lol

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

And that's how all lord, caravan, etc battles are handled. So it makes sense that the armies rolling around with 1000 recruits is taking cities constantly, and the success of your empire is only based on the number of lords you have, their clan level, and the amount of recruits they can find (non-enemy fiefs). And your caravans will always die, because there are looter parties with >50 troops, or higher level bandits.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Fewd posted:

Good grief yes. I'd sell someone elses soul for a "sort by troop type and tier" button for party management.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandblade2bannerlord/mods/471

quote:

TierDesc - (default option) Ordered by Tier descending
TierAsc - Ordered by Tier ascending
TierDescType - Ordered by Tier descending followed by mounted/foot and then ranged/melee
TierAscType - Ordered by Tier ascending followed by mounted/foot and then ranged/melee
MountRangeTierDesc - Ordered by mounted/foot followed by ranged/melee then Tier descending
MountRangeTierAsc - Ordered by mounted/foot followed by ranged/melee then Tier ascending
CultureTierDesc - Ordered by culture then Tier descending
CultureTierAsc - Ordered by culture then Tier ascending
RangeMountTierDesc- Melee/Ranged then by mounted then tier desc
RangeMountTierAsc- Melee/Ranged then by mounted then tier Asc
Custom- User defined sort order, see readme for examples/instructions, currently only way to change it is by updating the config but I added a reload settings button in the game to make it easier (I'm working on a UI, function over form right?), the config file won't be generated until after the mod is loaded for the first time

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Mesadoram posted:

Kinda sick of Dethfuckhead not giving me new castles/cities so I decided that I am going to just buy them from lords.

Requires 225 trading.

gently caress.

This is expensive: Spend influence points to suggest assigning a new leader to a fief, and vote for yourself w/ 200 influence points in the upcoming election (if you happen to be part of the three.)
May want to savescum for it if you're low on influence, but as a king it means you can basically grab whatever property.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
Hahah I was just messing around with that last siege. Hilarious.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

upgunned shitpost posted:

guaranteed the horse will still be able to reverse up the ladder, just like stairs

It's a lower gear obviously

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
My massive elite party is making me go broke :( I have a max of 401 troops and the taxes from my two cities and three caravans aren't enough to cover it.

e: Not really sure how I ended up in my last run with millions and now I'm starving to death.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Magil Zeal posted:

If you have decent-sized garrisons those could be a culprit. The economy has been generally nerfed enough such that towns no longer all skyrocket in prosperity when not attacked for a while, and while a town or castle used to be able to pay for its own garrison pretty well it really can't do that anymore. Caravans make less as a result of towns being poorer, I think. I definitely noticed the difference between my 1.2 game and 1.3 game in that respect, the solution was to pretty much remove all garrisons aside from a token force whenever a town I owned was away from the frontline. The leadership perk that reduces the upkeep of high-tier troops also helps. Also, try companion parties rather than caravans up to your limit at least, they seem to make a lot of money.

I think my parties were just sitting around in a town not doing anything. I tried to bait them out by forming an army but they just went back to doing nothing. I disbanded and reformed the parties and now they're running around. We'll see if that helps.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama
My list right now:

quote:

Bannerlord Tweaks
Bear My Banner
Fire Arrow Enabler
Don't Smelt Locked Weapons
Party Manager
Defection Overhaul
ModLib
Community Patch
Prevent Escape
Recruitable
Always Keep Horses and Food
Fixed Launcher

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

sloppy portmanteau posted:

Alright I've solved all my combat problems by getting a long glaive and I now feel like a god.

Due to that confidence I became a vassal and was awarded a fief immediately, and shortly thereafter I was voted in to ruling yet another fief. Now I have these 2 provinces running at a 500 denar deficit a piece and I'm way over my head, I really only know how to swing this long stick with the sharp thing on the end. Will they stabilize on their own and stop costing me money or do I need to be proactive about it? They both currently have a garrison of about 90 which appears to be the root of the budgetary issue - is that excessive?

Garrisons are a bit borked right now. I'd look at them as a way to save troops you want for later rather than defending a city. Best option IMO would be to take whatever garrisoned troops you don't want and donate them to a nearby keep for the influence.

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

Anyone know what actions may cause an enormous drop in influence? I'm at like -150 somehow despite being the tip of the spear for my faction, have taken multiple castles and cities at this point. Feeling very disrespected :mad:

stop executing lords you murderer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

albany academy posted:

Has the performance gotten better since launch? I got this when it was released but it stuttered even on the lowest settings, most notably during the "everyone get stuck on the ramparts" portions of sieges

yes