Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

B33rChiller

The forums are super hard to read and post on from a 3ds, I'll tell you what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

no one said anything about reading. the dang thing only has 2k of ram, it literally can't hold an entire effortpost

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
I just found an entire hold filled with empty White Claw cans and several unopened cases of Buckfast.
Suggestions on what to do with this stuff would be appreciated.

Epic High Five

Barking Gecko posted:

I just found an entire hold filled with empty White Claw cans and several unopened cases of Buckfast.

Please respect my personal space by not entering my quarters uninvited

Prof. Crocodile

more falafel please posted:

well assuming that we're using the TS2050 modem, which supports 300 baud, the raw HTTP POST request should be writable in under 10 seconds, for a short post anyway. since the forums enforce posting no more than once every 10 seconds, i believe the maximum shitposts/hour is 360

this is assuming we're not loading newreply.php and all the json and CSS. that would take, like, hours

You are doing the lords work, mfp, and the whole space force salutes you. o7

take the moon

by sebmojo

more falafel please posted:

no one said anything about reading. the dang thing only has 2k of ram, it literally can't hold an entire effortpost

is reading chill i cant do it

Epic High Five

We can say for sure that the upper limit of shitposts in a single thread is a hair over 14,000 pages, at which point the page select drop down loading on every single page for every viewer starts to consume noticeable amounts of resources for the entire server

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Barking Gecko posted:

The throne still needs more supplies

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
For anyone who has seen the movie/read the book Event Horizon, this should all seem very familiar. The Something Awful mothership disappeared many years ago while traveling a grey forum supercluster and was assumed lost forever only to mysteriously appear in late 2020 without any indication of where it had been.

A crack squad of BYOB deep minds was dispatched as a search and rescue crew to analyze the SA ship and determine if any intelligent life still exists upon the forum. The only thing we know so far is that once you board the BYOB rescue ship, all you may know about SA thus far begins to get hazy and you may start to question your entire existence.

Viginti Septem fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 14, 2021

Gramps

Pleiadian Light posted:

For anyone who has seen the movie/read the book Event Horizon, this should all seem very familiar. The Something Awful mothership disappeared many years ago while traveling a grey forum supercluster and was assumed lost forever only to mysteriously appear in late 2020 without any indication of where it had been.

A crack squad of BYOB deep minds was dispatched as a search and rescue crew to analyze the SA ship and determine if any intelligent life still exists upon the forum. The only thing we know so far is that once you board the BYOB rescue ship, all you may know about SA thus far begins to get hazy and you may start to question your entire existence.

Libera Te Tutemet Ex Gray Forums

take the moon

by sebmojo
actually carrying a weird parasite like the trembling blue stars guy. just showing it the all the subs and its like -_- (in my mind cube)

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
A brain slug, huh?

Ass-penny

Bring Your Own Brainslug

Manifisto

rear end-penny posted:

Bring Your Own Brainslug Bongslug

Shellception

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Hey what's this? This piece of TECH looks friendly. Hello! :buddy:

Bearjew

Epic High Five posted:

We can say for sure that the upper limit of shitposts in a single thread is a hair over 14,000 pages, at which point the page select drop down loading on every single page for every viewer starts to consume noticeable amounts of resources for the entire server

how can we say that's still true with all of the recent upgrades?

Manifisto

Shellception posted:

hello and welcome aboard! our burrito dispenser is being repaired but we can offer you a space taco or two in the meantime. any hobbies or pets you'd like to share?

Lux Anima

Pleiadian Light posted:

Hi SamAnt it's good to see you flourishing! :cosmic2day:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Shellception posted:

Hi friend have you heard about the joyful experience of drinking the White Claw?

Leperflesh

oh I see how it is

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Lux Animus posted:

Hi SamAnt it's good to see you flourishing! :cosmic2day:

Hello, I think I'm on my fourth name since joining in January.

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

Shellception posted:

Ahoy there, Shellception. Welcome aboard the BYOB ship. What's your favourite color?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Goons Are Gifts

better speed up the cookie dough situation here, because we have BIG, i say this, BIG plans for where to go next!! we gonna visit a new forum we haven't visited yet and we are going to start a huge rear end mega event full of eventful events and exciting excitement so if you stop posting now you gonna be missing out on that and I'm gonna blame jeff personally if that happens because he didn't drink the white claw either

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

better speed up the cookie dough situation here, because we have BIG, i say this, BIG plans for where to go next!! we gonna visit a new forum we haven't visited yet and we are going to start a huge rear end mega event full of eventful events and exciting excitement so if you stop posting now you gonna be missing out on that and I'm gonna blame jeff personally if that happens because he didn't drink the white claw either

if Jeff drinks the white claw then Rarity should have to as well :colbert:

*goes back to shoveling cookie dough*

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
jeff drink the white claw

take the moon

by sebmojo
i dont see a certificate from rarity that jeff doesnt have to drink the whiteclaw :thunk:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

take the moon posted:

i dont see a certificate from rarity that jeff doesnt have to drink the whiteclaw :thunk:

Yes Jeffrey drink the White Claw

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
both jeffery and jeffrey drink the white claw

Goons Are Gifts

there's only one way to gain respect and rank in byob and it's the white claw way

Heather Papps

hello friend

fetch the white paw

Dustcat

the white claw is an encroachment on traditional american liberties from the big beverage industry attempting to destroy a cultural icon, the liquor with a mixer

the seven and seven

the rum and coke

the vodka and whatever i have left in my pantry

these are the american drinks, made by americans according to our tradition, just as our fathers used to make them before us, and their grandfathers before them

well i'm not so sure about grandpa, he would drink turpentine neat, but you get my point

Amp

can i get a uhhhhhhhhhhhhh vodka and chicken noodle soup

Heather Papps

hello friend

until they can can onna these canada is safe:

Dustcat

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

can i get a uhhhhhhhhhhhhh vodka and chicken noodle soup

you can get anything you want, excepting alice

Manifisto

Dustcat posted:

the rum and coke

the cuba libre

american, but not united states of american

Amp

Dustcat posted:

you can get anything you want, excepting alice

:haibrow: a classic

Amp

what is the best soup/vodka combination i'm going for clam chowder

Manifisto

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

agree about the clams: the bloody caesar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dustcat

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

it's gonna be tomato i think, unless some russian food chemist comes up with a beet or possibly cabbage based version