Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

sb hermit

Relax Or DIE posted:

goodbye games i'll miss you

I'm gonna leave a part of myself in games

likely when another Ace Combat comes out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

goodbye games i'll miss you

Can I get your buttons

Jerusalem

Would you be my new best friends?

Bye games.... but mmmmm food sounds good!

Also... buy games!

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Food? That's what I eat!

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

Food? That's what I eat!

don't gotta brag about it

VideoGames
Well I am certainly camping out here as we journey onwards and I can say we have safely touched down in GWS! Nice to know my piloting skills are not too rusty :)

Infinitum

Hello Goons With Spoons!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKNO0MsDV2k

Stoner Sloth

nice work VG, we made it in a mere 12 parsnips!

and greetings Goons With Spoons!

we come in peace but with a considerable number of the crew stricken with the munchies!

please tell us about your favourite easy to make snacks and comfort foods or other dishes!!

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

Jerusalem posted:

Bye games.... but mmmmm food sounds good!

Also... buy games!

you wouldn't download a car, would you?

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

captain my display still indicates games but an environmental scan confirms we are in fact in culinary space. are any other crew members experiencing this?

people of gws, hello welcome and chat. i once won a county pie making contest with a raspberry cheesecake kinda thing in a graham cracker crust w/ chocolate and nuts on top. i was just visiting and one lady got suuuper mad that it wasn't a "real pie" and tried to contest the results. apparently she had won the last 3 years in a row. they told her it was people's choice and there weren't really any rules other than that you had to make it yourself but i still felt bad because it clearly meant a lot to her. what do you guys think?

sb hermit

VideoGames posted:

Well I am certainly camping out here as we journey onwards and I can say we have safely touched down in GWS! Nice to know my piloting skills are not too rusty :)

:toot:

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
food freaking owns

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
gonna eat some breakfast today

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
What's the verdict on cucumber, people? Fruit or vegetable?

Amp

Rarity posted:

What's the verdict on cucumber, people? Fruit or vegetable?

botanical fruit, culinary vegetable

Infinitum

Goons Are Gifts

Oh we made it while I was sleeping, now that's what I call efficient, thanks for taking the wheel VG!

Hello GWS, byob or as we call it Goons With Chill is here to party, post your crimes and pets ITT and tell us how to make the BEST taco

Dell_Zincht

I like cheese

Infinitum

I like cutting the cheese

If you know what I mean

Goons Are Gifts

I want to note that ghosts are a kind of soup as was proven before in a scientific document, also most food is just soup in a bread bowl

except tacos, those are basically sandwiches. Just like lasagna or hot dogs, which however are also actually sex

VideoGames
I love basil and tomato soup. I put some osem mini croutons in mine with a bit of creme fraiche, black pepper and mozarella cheese and I have myself a soup party!! :D

tomato soups are most useful for grilled cheese dipping imho

Heather Papps

hello friend

Relax Or DIE posted:

tomato soups are most useful for grilled cheese dipping imho

once when i was a boy my mom hosed up and bought bushels not baskets of tomatoes and you know what you are kind of right

Heather Papps

hello friend

also my first gang tag in 13 years was a chicken sammich byob posters reminded me i almost forgot to post so uh hi i love you what's your fave dinosaur?

nut

I heard food is made by cooking

FluffieDuckie

hello food friends! please come say hello. we don't bite (except for food. we bite food)

FluffieDuckie

whoa you guys have a 67 page pizza thread :stare:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

FluffieDuckie posted:

whoa you guys have a 67 page pizza thread :stare:

That's way too short

cheetah7071

honk honk
stowaway from Games here but my cooking opinion is that sichuan peppercorn is the number one best spice and that it should be a standard ingredient in worldwide cuisines, not just chinese food

Goons Are Gifts

Rarity posted:

That's way too short

It's exactly two pages too short, yes

Shifty Nipples

when pizza is on a bagel you can eat pizza anytime.

Amp

cheetah7071 posted:

stowaway from Games here but my cooking opinion is that sichuan peppercorn is the number one best spice and that it should be a standard ingredient in worldwide cuisines, not just chinese food

I gotta get some of these I hear everyone talking about them and the last time I bought something everyone was talking about I bought Aleppo pepper and it was goooooooooooooood.

Heather Papps

hello friend

is salt a spice

cheetah7071

honk honk

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I gotta get some of these I hear everyone talking about them and the last time I bought something everyone was talking about I bought Aleppo pepper and it was goooooooooooooood.

quick warning (and possibly why they're not more popular) is that they require a bit more effort to work with. To use them properly, you usually have to lightly toast them and then grind them in a mortar or coffee/spice grinder. Pre-powdered sichuan pepper loses a lot of the flavor unfortunately. You might be able to use a pepper grinder, but you do want to heat them before grinding. There's some recipes that call for tossing unground peppercorns directly into your frying oil but they're relatively rare.

It's super worth it though imo

Amp

cheetah7071 posted:

quick warning (and possibly why they're not more popular) is that they require a bit more effort to work with. To use them properly, you usually have to lightly toast them and then grind them in a mortar or coffee/spice grinder. Pre-powdered sichuan pepper loses a lot of the flavor unfortunately. You might be able to use a pepper grinder, but you do want to heat them before grinding. There's some recipes that call for tossing unground peppercorns directly into your frying oil but they're relatively rare.

It's super worth it though imo

Any chance I get to break out a mortar and pestle is good by me

Shifty Nipples

I got my mom a mortar and pestle for mother's day over 20 years ago and I am not sure she has ever used it.

FluffieDuckie

i saw on a Law and Order episode that you can use a mortar and pestle to grind up poison, so maybe share that with mom and she may use it more often

nut

FluffieDuckie posted:

i saw on a Law and Order episode that you can use a mortar and pestle to grind up poison, so maybe share that with mom and she may use it more often

Failing to see the law or order in this action

Tin Tim

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Food is good and cool imo :wave:

I just had a plate with an oven baked vegetable mix, two low fat beef patties on top, home-made burger sauce on top of the patties, some small freshly sliced tomatoes on top of that and some grated cheddar for the ultimate top

I'm currently nailed into my chair but I have no regrets

Thank you Pot Smoke Phoenix!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Heather Papps posted:

is salt a spice

No it's salt