Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

biosterous posted:

can the star wars forum please explain to me how midichlorians interact with thc, this is very important

it totally can! go ask in the Prequeldome.

Wait...

no. no, don't do that! never go into the Prequeldome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
*buckles up*

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Kief Richards posted:

starship troopers was a documentary

i would like to know more

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
Welcome back, BYOB! Make yourselves comfortable. You know where the fridge is. I'll get a multiplayer game booted up for LP and BYOB.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Welcome, hello, and chat to LEts Play! In what strange and fascinating rituals do you partake here?

we sit around watching each other play video games and falk about them!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
*talk about them

im not fixing that typo

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Ooooh I see you are playing Diplomacy which is one of my favorite games but I can never convince 6 of my friends to play so that we can’t be friends anymore.

If you have an android device, get Conspiracy! it's a free playbymail version of Diplomacy--the one I'm using in the LP. my friends live around the world but it makes playing a breeze.

Next round I start up, I'll bring to BYOB in case anyone wants to play.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Stoner Sloth posted:

sooo... in the spirit of interforumetary research, what are some of your favourite games to play (high or otherwise)?

when I need to chill, Age of Empires 2 and Heroes of Might and Magic III are my go-tos, but in recent years I've added Infested Planet and the Creeper World games to my chill strategy list.

when I am more pumped, I like any and all shooters. The Turok 1 and 2 remasters are my recent faves. I miss the Halo games but i sold my XBoxes and my PC can't run the Master Chief collection... so I mostly play Quake, Doom, and Half Life mods.

when i need my adrenaline to spike through the roof, making me live in a constant state of fightorflight anxiety, I play Diplomacy!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
we have lots of ammo! it's digital, though... and you have to make sure you get the right thread

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Kief Richards posted:

Yay, we're back! Hi Dash, thanks for having us in your forum!

I brought snacks because I have the munchies.

:cheers:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
:magical:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

alnilam posted:

HELLO LP I see there is alreadyt some trhilling game-playing going on :suspense:

what is y'alls favorite half life mod. I miss HL mods a lot. Natural Selection was probably my favorite, but most-played would be a close race between CS and DoD

i really like playing the ambitiously weird and bad ones. like the one where you play as the guy who finds the Xen crystal used in the resonance cascade. You fight on a boat and the final Xen boss baby attacks you in the cargo hold.

or the one where you play as Dash Rendar's son, Phoenum Rendar.

i also liked the tactical sniper scope mod attachement for the crowbar. very realistic!

my fave is probably the HL2 mod Minerva. level design is very tight, story is appropriately weird and barebone, atmosphere is excellent. just a very slick campaign mod all around.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

biosterous posted:

hey i know this place!!!! i know this place very well!!!!!

yobbers you should all check out the Let's Play Social Distancing thread immediately, it is incredible.

actually, this is a good idea...

:siren::siren::siren: Hey, Let's Play! :siren::siren::siren:

let's help BYOB become acquainted with this subforum by doing a mini requests/recommendations right here in this thread.

LP Requests and Recommendations: BYOB Edition

please post any threads you think are particularky note-worthy or entertaining for the BYOBers to enjoy. i will second biosterous's rec: that thread is great!

BYOBers, if you're in the mood for a particular kind of video game to chill with ask away. we, uh, play a lot of'em and have a little something for everyone.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Tin Tim posted:

Fun fact after lurking for some years I actually joined the forums to post my own lp threads because I was in a bad place in life and needed something productive and creative to fill my time. I did end up helping me in some ways and for that I'll always remember the lp forum with fondness :kiddo:

I've been out of the loop for quite a while so can't recommend anything current. But the old chip+ironicus videos about hunting games or that one mdickie game were cool and funny

I enjoyed your Shogo: MAD LP! It got me to reinstall and play it after over a decade.

Also, Let's Play, don't forget to :5: the thread! This is the third subforum it's been to and somehow it hasn't gone gold yet.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

biosterous posted:

unfortunately the rock paper scissors threads are gone, so someone with archives will need to find those. it was seriously one of my favourite LPs of all time

i think they are in the goldmine... some of the few LP threads to go there rather than the archive!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Tin Tim posted:

Uh I just discovered that there is a legit and academic book written about the concept and history of let's play from 2017

It sorta blows my mind that this exists but I guess I shouldn't be surprised seeing how integrated it has become into our entertainment landscape

Still wild to read Slowbeef quotes in the opening of an academic book though

hey! that's the paper where my Chron Trag LP got academically cited!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

owlhawk911 posted:

trespassing

:eyepop:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
posting

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
whoa

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
> Find a picture of a cat on the internet and add it to the post
> THEN preview the post

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Tin Tim posted:

> Emptyquote something from the thread that you really liked

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
:five:

(this thread needs two more votes to get a rating--come on, goons!)

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

ChubbyChecker posted:

hmm... i wonder if the visible rating stays when a thread moves to another forum where the limit is higher

good question! we better get more votes to make sure it stays gold!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

The Flying Twybil posted:

Propaganda's good, right?

good snacks, good birb

He's like 40 and is bestest buds with my good friend. He really likes spiral designs for some reason.

:eyepop: this BYOLP is going places!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
I have conferred with GAG and a contingent of Let's Players are now authorized to stay and live aboard this ship. BYOB has graciously assigned you all your own quarters. Goonspeed all of you brave souls!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
Hey ADTRW, is Reboot anime? I've always had this feeling that Reboot is actually anime.

It feels like an anime.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
play the GBA port of Max Payne.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
Netflix anime has been oddly hot or miss for me. I watched Beastars and really enjoyed it. I was kinda mixed on Devilman Crybaby. I watched Seven Deadly Sins a while back--haaaated it.

Evangelion is on Netflix which is cool. I rewatched that again and enjoed it again.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

alnilam posted:

I'm doing my part!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
i still need to make a signature but i am too bus chilling to do so

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
the forums were running slow because the BYOB space ship theead was low on supplies. glad to see everything is restocked and refreshed now

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

The Flying Twybil posted:

couldn't help myself

amazing

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

testing

PSP, this rules!

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Twenty Four posted:

So there's a "no politics" rule in byob, but, there's no rule that says you cant put byob into politics!

:hmmyes:

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Methanar posted:

does byob close threads less often than gbs

byob closes threads?

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Musluk posted:

Goldmine tends to do that.

oh yeah, ha, i hadnt thought of that

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Goons Are Great posted:

Oh no, we talked about this and your urge to self probe all the time! These buttons weren't meant to be another quick gateway drug!!

probing GM can only help

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I heard that way back when dark souls was new someone tried to do an LP and they were doing some yet-unheard-of speedrun strats, running past enemies, dashing for specific weapons, etc, and the LP thread got closed for not doing it right. Is that real and if so does anyone have a link because i want to see

Was it this one?

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
also hell yah the BYOB Spaceship is back! I am glad gag accepted my haiku invite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

cruft posted:

These folks seem a lot more chill than the Imp Zone.

I still want to know what we're gonna play, though. Unless... we're already playing it? :iiam:

What do you want to play? LP takes requests! (We have a thread for it and everything)