Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

Dip Viscous

Manifisto posted:

would appreciate trigger discipline advice for the shotgun hole on my bong

check whether or not a united states dime fits through the opening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous

biosterous posted:

i want to go to a firing range sometime and try to shoot a gun(s), but they are all far away and i don't drive, also quarantine lockdown.

get an air gun and make a pellet trap, you still learn the fundamentals and instead of having to go to a range i can just turn around and target shoot during pc game load screens

Dip Viscous

There's a long running Airgun Megathread and a few months ago it got spun off into The Pellet Palace.

Edit: AIRGUNS!!

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 3, 2020

Dip Viscous

chillin

Dip Viscous

CainFortea posted:

Also it's basically the honda civic of guns. There are more after market things for 10/22s than any other gun.

This makes them really good first rifles. Once you shoot enough to start figuring out what features you prefer or fall into a particular target shooting niche, you can keep the same rifle and customize it into whatever you want. To the point that some people eventually end up with a "Gun of Theseus" where every single part has been replaced with something aftermarket over time.

A Ruger Wrangler or Single-Six probably outchills it, though. Manual cocking for each shot, one-at-a-time reloading. My Single-Six is the first thing I pull out when I'm the first person to arrive at the range in the morning and want to plink while I drink my coffee.

Dip Viscous

Dip Viscous

loving the movie hard boiled as a kid is 98% of the reason i ended up buying a thompson center as an adult

Dip Viscous

the other 2% is hard target

Dip Viscous

infrared35 posted:

Also, it’s Saturday night. What’s everyone doing to chillax???

I'm going to fire up some Com Vs Com Tecmo Super Bowl and dance like an idiot whenever either team scores anything.

Dip Viscous

Stoner Sloth posted:

really enjoying how chill and interesting TFR is, glad we made a space ship landing here!

I've decided to bookmark this thread and follow it around. I mostly keep to TFR and a few other bookmarked threads, but this seems like a nice way to explore new lands without being blasted with death threats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ9840WKJ3k

Dip Viscous fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Apr 6, 2020

Dip Viscous

TOUCHDOWN LAKERS!!

HELL YEA

Dip Viscous

everyone thinks of backgammon as just "that one game on the back of the checker board that nobody knows how to play" but it's SUPER fun

if you are currently isolating with another person you can play it and have fun, if you don't have a board you can just print one out https://www.printableboardgames.net/preview/Backgammon_Board

this is the clearest explanation of the rules i've found https://bkgm.com/rules.html

Dip Viscous

Right?

Dip Viscous

Heather Papps posted:

>find goose statue

You can't see any such thing.

Dip Viscous

el dorito posted:

I still have the original with an OG Saturn but finding TVs with composite and/or S-Video is getting more rare...

On a lot of TVs, you can plug the composite video cable into one of the component inputs and it'll figure out what you're trying to do and work.

Dip Viscous

let's not panic just yet

>inventory

Dip Viscous

>power on crystal

Dip Viscous

is there some sort of disorder that makes some people perceive all fictional characters as underage?

Dip Viscous

Julias posted:

No, also let's not do this, please?

sorry, just genuinely unclear on why people do that

Dip Viscous

i'm comfortable with byob

seems like a comfy forum

Dip Viscous

Agronox posted:

I gotta say one’s enjoyment of the forums is so much better when you have literally no idea what drama people are referring to

Dip Viscous

can i use a plunger or something

Dip Viscous

the trick to remembering is that there are many alpaca puns like "we have turnips? alpaca lunch!" and alpacas are the ones that look like they'd appreciate puns more

Dip Viscous

llamaste.

Dip Viscous

most of the time when a forum has a bad reputation, it's because people most strongly associate it with the types of posters that have already gotten banned in that forum instead of of what the normal posting culture actually is

it hasn't always been that way but nearly all of SA is pretty cool these days

Dip Viscous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYRx9QKhhhg

Dip Viscous

this is the single comic book i had as a kid because my parents couldn't understand why i'd want to have more than one, i still have it though

Dip Viscous

i remember ordering a black cat knife from the back of a comic book despite not being a 70s kid at all so i guess that the good ads lasted for a good while after that

Dip Viscous

the cat knife is all sheet metal

Dip Viscous

found it, i'm 100% sure it's counterfeit and i think it's actually made of marzipan

Dip Viscous

i know that real cat knives are stamped parts too but this one is from a friends's comic book ~1995 and i can scape away bits of the "blade" with my thumbnail

Dip Viscous

i don't know the first thing about irl sports but does anyone else like to set up com vs com games on tecmo super bowl and get way too into cheering for a team?

Dip Viscous

Dip Viscous

(croquet seems neat and I don't understand it)

Dip Viscous

i didn't think i'd played it but that screenshot made so many memories come back, during the summer when i was a kid i'd hang out at my cousins' house nearly daily while my mom was at work and we played the poo poo out of that and the original worms

Dip Viscous

this is the best music on nes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZAnUDAj94Y

Dip Viscous

i was going to say mean bean machine but i think that tetris does have it beat

i almost want to look up what terrible 90s romhacks of nes tetris exist

Dip Viscous

i think that ketchup tastes bad, but if you think that ketchup tastes good it would make a lot of sense to put it on a hot dog

Dip Viscous

Shooting Blanks posted:

A recipe for the BYOB Spaceship, taken from here: Shakshuka

halve the amount of tomato and add sardines and this is pretty much how i make fisherman's eggs

definitely gonna try adding artichoke next time now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dip Viscous

shoes are sort of like shorts for your pants, so i feel like it's a balance of at least three different factors