Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
After I lost Hidden Role Mafia 1 in lylo, how can I resist coming back to lose 2???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

flerp posted:

##vote bif

c u all tmrw

##action flerp

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mafia edit

flerp posted:

##vote bif

c u all tmrw

##action flerp

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

at least all of these won't resolve until eod this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaks25zJlcw

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

So, serious post:

I think players withholding their action are actually more likely to be scummy, but not enough to pursue completely.

What I do think is worth pursuing is that I highly doubt any scum have used their action on a scum mate. So if someone could possibly collate who used an action on who I would live you. Otherwise I will do so later.

As for my scum reads, I'm gonna ##unvote

I will reread today to see what jumps out at me.

I haven't been paying enough attention to this game yet, but collating, I can do. Gimme a sec.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

So, serious post:

I think players withholding their action are actually more likely to be scummy, but not enough to pursue completely.

BTW I had a theory in Hidden Role Mafia 1 that scum was less likely than town to use the action on themselves, just in case it was a vig. I was wrong, in that at least one scum person did test their day action on themselves. (DB I think?)

Anyway. My student rescheduled so I am sitting here in TEACHER MODE for the next half-hour. So I made a spreadsheet.

Poster --> Used Action On, in chronological thread order:

Bifauxnen -> Solus
Amnistar -> Merk
Sandwolf -> Sandwolf
Dragonatrix -> b-minus1
Spacing in Vienna -> flerp
Your Personal Muse -> Sandwolf
b-minus1 -> Dragonatrix
Eat the Rich -> Mr. Steak
Anomalous Amalgam -> Bifauxnen
Toalpaz -> Your Personal Muse
Mr. Humalong -> Bifauxnen
Dancer -> b-minus1

That's twelve of seventeen. People who haven't used theirs yet, in alphabetical order:

flerp
Gamerofthegame
merk
Mr. Steak
SolusLunes

I was going to link to the actual posts of the actions being used buuuuut :effort:

SolusLunes posted:

hi

did I just completely miss jokephase because that's kind of sad

Join the cool kids, shoot somebody. #peerpressure

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

flerp posted:

##action spacing in vienna

hoping that's a thank u action

Funniest would be a vig.

Say no to peer pressure, with a gun if necessary.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Hello game, my husband is brave enough to help me try to bleach streaks into my hair. This will probably all end in tears.

No I haven't posted much. D1 is being weird and flat. I think we all got hyped up for the bloodbath and then blue balled having to wait for EOD.

I need to reread hidden mafia 1 because I feel like some of the scum got to rolecop each other d1 which means someone not using an action in thread might have already used it as scum. But that game was a while ago and I could be insane????

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

spacing in vienna posted:

Hello game, my husband is brave enough to help me try to bleach streaks into my hair. This will probably all end in tears.

No I haven't posted much. D1 is being weird and flat. I think we all got hyped up for the bloodbath and then blue balled having to wait for EOD.

I need to reread hidden mafia 1 because I feel like some of the scum got to rolecop each other d1 which means someone not using an action in thread might have already used it as scum. But that game was a while ago and I could be insane????

Yeah no that last bit didn't happen. Not sure what I was thinking of with that.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

at this point I am more waiting for the dust to settle before using mine

don't need to vig someone twice or whatev

K I'm rereading and I don't like this post. People using their actions, fine, people not, fine, but "I don't want to vig someone twice" -- then choose someone not already being targeted? It's a shoddy reason.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

tho, i mean, theres no reason to use your action on literally anybody that early, but still

If everyone was granted dayvigs, this would be the most hilarious d1 ever.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Yes that is actually a key part of my case, try and keep up.

Instead of just going "lol I'll use my action on whoever", Hum reacted to one vote on him with all this justification:

I read hum's post as "I didn't feel like using it until I had a stronger read than just me policy voting steak" and then finding your argument to be scummy and thus, using his action on you. Seems plausible enough.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Updated list.

spacing in vienna posted:

Poster --> Used Action On, in chronological thread order:

Bifauxnen -> Solus
Amnistar -> Merk
Sandwolf -> Sandwolf
Dragonatrix -> b-minus1
Spacing in Vienna -> flerp
Your Personal Muse -> Sandwolf
b-minus1 -> Dragonatrix
Eat the Rich -> Mr. Steak
Anomalous Amalgam -> Bifauxnen
Toalpaz -> Your Personal Muse
Mr. Humalong -> Bifauxnen
Dancer -> b-minus1
Flerp -> spacing in Vienna
Mr. Steak -> Solus
Gamerofthegame -> toalpaz

That's fifteen of seventeen. People who haven't used theirs yet, in alphabetical order:

merk

SolusLunes

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dragonatrix posted:

ETR taking less than a real-world day to "totally forget" that he's in this game is pretty weird, but I'm not sure it's scummy weird.

I feel like I have mush brain from quarantine and keep forgetting basic poo poo, so I bought his excuse completely.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Dammit I was trying to hold this back to stay focused on the prize here and not get people distracted from getting Hum lunched, but goddamn that is a lot of shade from Dragonatrix. It's ok to disagree with my case, but to go that far to discredit the first really serious case made on bloody D1 is unnaturally extreme.

Look at this post again:

Dragonatrix is throwing tons of shade at my case, but couching it in lots of reassurance that I'm town for doing it. No reason to get alarmed and lash back about it! Just let it drop and give it up, please!

If I'm right about Hum, this is a gigantic red flag.

Hrm. First time I read this post from you, bif, I wasn't buying it, because it does seem like you're pushing your cases pretty aggressively.

Aaaand then I went, wait, it's d1. D1 cases aren't ever rock solid, they're usually just pokes and pressure to see what happens.

Dragonatrix calling you townie for it, I'm fine with, but him saying it's unusual for you to push a subpar case implies he doesn't know all cases d1 are mediocre, or maybe he's leaving himself room to be "convinced" back to you being scum?

I might be coming around on this.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I wish I was scum.

Scum is easier than town by far.

I stress way too hard being scum. Town is more fun.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

This day 1 feels like rear end. I'm not a fan of any of the arguments

AA I have been vaguely suspicious of you all game but this post is good and I agree.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Your Personal Muse posted:

Talking is only pressure if there is real worry from the target, otherwise it’s empty talk. There was literally zero threat from your case. Stop avoiding my question. You said I was slipping in and out of joke phase so that I could avoid scrutiny on my stances. What stances were those?

I can't tell if this post feels scummy to me because I disagree with it, or if it feels scummy to me because I'm not sure that you believe all of it. But it's ringing some bells.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Steak posted:

i am taking a risk here by assuming quoting the mod **from other games** is allowed.

this is from scumchat in hidden roles mafia 1:

who's to say if that's the same this time or not tho

Thank you for backing me up steak :hfive:

Why the change to using your action? You weren't going to.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

listen even with your graph it's a effortful hmm

i thought they'd actually be done at some point tho so whatev

##action toal

Oh I missed that your argument was :effort:

I retract my suspicion

I used mine early and didn't have to keep in mind gently caress all

Not knowing who has been hit and not caring enough to find out, that I buy.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Thank you for showing up and demonstrating how it's possible to actually describe a difference of opinion on a case in a rational way. Dragon however, was not capable of this, only going "man Bif's early D1 case is just so crazybad and totally unbelievable and unconvincing and not even a case"

Except the problem here is, even if I were to be swayed by your view of Hum, I can't see why Dragonatrix would react like this to poo poo so hard on the biggest early effort case of the game, while also going to such lengths to appease me and call me town for it, unless it's to protect a scumbro Hum.

Btw I didn't respond to it specifically but this was why I went back and refocused on you vs dragonatrix.

I don't think dragonatrix being scum hinges on hum being scum, though. Coming in and saying that you worked up a huge case but you're definitely town, but so is hum -- a scum dragonatrix could do that just to be on the "see, they were town after all" side of any townie flips, and use that to talk himself back into buying you or hum as scum once the other flips.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

How are words alone pressure when there is zero threat behind those words? It annoys me that Amni is pretending like I couldn’t possibly just go after Steak because I thought something was there, no, it has to be because of the immense ~~pressure~~ I felt from his case which boils down to making some jokes

Ok the pressure thing might just be a difference of opinion, then, because I feel like there's an implicit threat in all the words of this game. Townies and scum make cases, people are swayed, and then lunches happen.

I wasn't talking about pressure in the context of whether or not you were feeling it, as amni implied, but rather whether or not words count as pressure, and I think they do.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

Aside from the fact that uou literally did use it as an out right when I was posting the case "Oh yeah, no it *was* a joke vote but it's totally a real vote now!"

Wait are you talking about when ypm said that about steak? The "ok I was just joking before but now that he's said X, I'm actually thinking it's true"?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I guess in my mind, there has to be some effect on the recipient for it to be pressure. If I had announced at the beginning of day 0 that I was a n0 cop and I had a scum result on Amni, there’s no pressure even though I said words that could conceivably result in Amni’s lunch. The game literally doesn’t allow for that claim, everyone knows it’s false. There’s no pressure

But that has nothing to do with actual scum hunting. What do you think about Amni’s case on me, semantics aside? I think Amni fabricated the case. Compared to Sandwolf’s suspicion of me, which I believe for now, I just don’t see how someone could look at the posts in context and think that I was setting up outs for myself.

You're right that we're devolving into semantics, sorry, I'm a tutor and I like to nerd about words.

The thing is, I liked his posts more than yours at first read, and went to read your posts alone to find direct quotes for what I thought he was calling out ... And when I did that, your posts seemed fine and I couldn't find what I was looking for at all. So I'm rereading now and trying to figure out wtf.

So my answer to that is "please hold" and is also going to hinge a bit on what amni says to my question.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I honestly think this is a scum post. Note that at the time Steak wrote this, two people had voted him for saying he wanted to wait (hum voted him earlier for running grudge reasons I guess). It reads as scum who is over exaggerating the danger they are in.

Amni, did you miss this? Because this is pretty clearly ypm going "... Hang on, I was joke voting steak, but now I want that to be a real vote, because I think that's a scum post from him."

I don't know that I buy that you were confused about this.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Bifauxnen posted:

Oooh that's a fun take on it

Yeah I might be up for lunching Dragon before Hum, even.

Especially now that Gamer's getting on board to back up the Hum vote :v:

##vote Dragonatrix

I'm gonna throw this down but might be switching to amni shortly.

##vote dragonatrix

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

That post was the same, to me, as the post about Gamer earlier.

Okay, now I'm confused. Which post about gamer? I remember ypm full on joke calling gamer scum, but not ever backing that up into "wait no I actually meant it."

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

we have three hours and nine to hammer

do you think we have nine around cuz I see six or seven and they already have votes even

prove me wrong by all means but that seems kinda dicey

gently caress, I thought we had five hours. I'm doing a family quarantine game night stream starting a bit after seven, not sure if I'll be back on.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Mafia edit: it's 6:30 here. I was planning on getting back on when everyone logged off for the night in a few hours, because I can't tell time apparently.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Amnistar posted:

I don't see where the confusion is. My entire initial case is that the post about steak and gamer both have just enough of a joke vibe to them that they can be excused and discarded or referenced as an actual case.

... But ypm didn't pretend his joke vote on steak was real; he threw down a joke vote and then explicitly changed it into a real one later, after steak did something he saw as scummy.

I don't think that I believe that you think is, as opposed to trying to find something that sounds logical.

##vote Amni

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

What do you think is so open and shut about AA again Hum?

Yeah I missed the smoking gun on AA. Where are you on amni, hum?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sandwolf posted:

lol totally forgot Dancer was in this game, happily vote there too

If his meta is to replace out as scum, does he lurk until he can do so?

I wish we could free dunk multiple lurkers but realistically that would probably end up being anti town

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

##vote dragon

Hi toal. Why dragon? Any thoughts on the past few pages?

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Toalpaz posted:

The joke is im working to hit my ten post too so I can check out. Anyways see you tomorrow folks!

##vote toalpaz

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Humalong posted:

I have zero opinion on Amni or YPM because they have spent the entirety of day 1 arguing with each other and it is boring to read

someone summarize for me

Motherfucking mobile phone app. I had quotes and all. Lemme try again.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Someone make me and ETR confirmed masons

Gamerofthegame posted:

Okay I did it.

You're masons now.

##vote gamer

You fell perfectly into my gambit, idiot.

Lunch all liars

P2. YPM starts joke casing gamer.

Mr. Steak posted:

i for one am not gonna blindly use a day-action until i know more

Steak is No Fun (I still love you steak)

YPM votes steak, presumably for being no fun.

Amnistar posted:

##vote steak

So does Amni.

Gamerofthegame posted:

fool

the pantry mafia game is the other one!!!

##vote ypm

what if it's you? how would you know!!!!

I think Gamer is ~~manufacturing content~~ and doesn’t believe this case smh bag him and tag him

Gamer and YPM continue to banter.

Mr. Steak posted:

i find it funny that a bunch of people voted me for the functional equivalent of "wait until later in the day to fire your lurker gun"

Steak responds to the people voting him. (This happened before some of the ypm gamer stuff but only a few posts and I'm trying to group things together)

Yeah it was about 20 peeps that voted for you

YPM eyerolls

I honestly think this is a scum post. Note that at the time Steak wrote this, two people had voted him for saying he wanted to wait (hum voted him earlier for running grudge reasons I guess). It reads as scum who is over exaggerating the danger they are in.

And then ypm says, hey for the record, I actually do think steak is scum, despite the joking earlier.

The initial vote was a joke, current vote is real

Ypm clarifies.

Amnistar posted:

Okay, rereading the thread and I'm gonna ##vote YPM

Their posts are superficial and it's hard to parse what is actual content vs. what is a joke. To the point that they voted for steak (as a joke?) but then it's a real vote? And they voted for gamer because they were manufacturing content, but it was a joke? but maybe it wasn't?

And this, I disagree with. Yes there were jokes, but I don't think it was ever confusing what was a real case and what wasn't.

That's the amni case thank you for coming to my Ted talk

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Here and I think we have twenty until deadline??? I will catch up and vote where needed to prevent NL

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
loving hell I can't get votefinder to update, it's not right in the op and not right in the website either, can someone post?!

I hate the ETR switch, people piled on like crazy, there would be more traction if he was scum.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Gamerofthegame posted:

rolecop the person below you on the list btw

This is a great idea though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Gamer, why hum then toal?