Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I'm game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

##action binus

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Hi, I'm awake and ready to catch scum

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

YPM and Amni both voting for Steak for opting to not even try his action was a little odd I guess, but hard to call them serious or anything. Amni made his obvious at least by unvoting once jokephase ended.

Bif's argument is so weak that I can't see someone putting it forth at all if they're scum. It's not even remotely convincing and it's more like just trying to grasp at anything for a serious case.

Can't blame her for that either; the game has been moving fairly slowly thus far.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Thinking about it some more, the thing that pinged me as the most scummy thus far is probably be AA +1 voting Bif's non-case for Hum. Especially with how only a few posts earlier he agreed with Sandwolf about the slapfight.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

ETR taking less than a real-world day to "totally forget" that he's in this game is pretty weird, but I'm not sure it's scummy weird.

I do think at this point scum are mostly gonna be found in the people that are lurking right now. Out of everything that's actually been posted, I already said it but I think AA's "me too"ing of Bif's weak case is the most suspect thus far. So ##vote AA

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

So you think the people who have engaged enough to make any cases are town, but you don't think any of these townies could be correct yet?

I'll pose a similar question to you as I did to Gamer: why do you disagree with every other case made in the game so far?

It's more that I think they're Town because I don't think they're right, if that makes sense.

I disagree with the cases themselves, because just substantiated on relatively flimsy things. More like they're just the result of grasping at the first thing that stands out and just going from there.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Unless you believe scumbos do nothing but hard bus, no it does not

Okay; I disagree with the cases because of how weak they are. I don't see scum making cases like that and then doubling down on them. All that would do is draw unnecessary attention in the long-term. Therefore the only reasonable conclusion I can make is that they're from a Town perspective.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

But quips side, you've skimmed over the meat of my question, Dragonatrix. Have you actually considered any of the cases presented before you, by people you claim to believe are honest townies?

Can you humor me and individually explain your reasons for rejecting each one before arriving at your superior case on AA?

Sure; there's only two real cases so far so that's not a problem in the slightest. Yours on Hum and YPM's on Steak.

Your case on Hum is based on him not using his action at all and then using it on you when called out about it. His reasoning of "what if it's a wasted dayvig" is silly, but silly is not scummy. That he used it in the same post as he floated that weird hypothetical is more defensive there, which you did eventually mention calling it an OMGUS. And to that end, as often as it gets bandied about, I'm not sure I've ever seen an actual, genuine OMGUS.

YPM's case on Steak that he reacted badly to being voted for makes less sense to me, though. Like, yeah, Steak reacted weirdly to that but I think I'd be more suspicious if he didn't. It's suspicious that he said "a bunch" because it's an exaggeration, but if he said "two" it'd still be suspicious because he posted at all? I'm just really not seeing it. That it also became an actual slapfight for a bit is probably not helping, admittedly.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

If I'm right about Hum, this is a gigantic red flag.

If you're right about Hum, then I will gladly admit to being wrong.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

During my catch up, the thing that stood out most to be is how everyone is now just kinda overlooking ETR. His posts throughout the entire day have been white noise and multiple responses at different points to say why he's not been posting and explaining why he didn't vote for... merk. Strikes me as odd that aside from getting needled when he first posted explicitly to get to 10 posts to avoid being lurker killed, no one's mentioned it all even though Binus' post was less bad (since he did manage some actual posts beforehand) and that's been brought up a couple times since.

Anyway, I'll try be around until deadline now, but it's at roughly 3am so I can't promise that.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Mr. Humalong posted:

I brought both of them up

Yeah, that's what I was referring to with the stuff when ETR did bother to post

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Okay, so, uh, full disclosure first off when catching up after the day ended, I missed the post about their being a plan for rolecop stuff so I didn't cop ETR last night. That's entirely my bad.

I did cop Bif though. This was mostly just for my own peace of mind, to be honest. Part of it is just like really confusing, and I'm not sure how it's supposed to work at all. If I'm understanding it correctly, then...

Bifauxnen posted:

Another thing that would be good for people to report, if they don't want to out the role but do trust the person they rolecopped... is to advise if your target should be using their action on towny people or scummy people.

Right now, I'd absolutely recommend sticking to using it exclusively on Towny people. A bit more than just a target is recommended, but it's not necessary. I'm guessing that's so you can work out what it does.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I'm not sure if Solus would think the same, but her role flavor name was pretty much my reaction when I read the second half.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Also, there is a contingency in the role for if she doesn't include anything beyond a role target. Like I said, recommended but not required.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

At this point, everyone's claimed what they did except Infi. I went back through to see if I could make sense of everything. Who knows, could be useful. Putting this in alphabetical order (by player name) for convenience;

• Amni - rolecopped AA;
  • AA - actioned Hum and got a 66 result on Steak?;
  • bonus - actioned flerp and got a 404;
  • Bif - rolecopped Amni - results corroborated by YPM;
  • Dragon - rolecopped Bif - results corroborated by Solus;
  • ETR - rolecopped flerp;
  • flerp - actioned Gotg - failed due to no night action;
  • Gotg - rolecopped Infi;
  • Infi - currently unclaimed;
  • Hum - rolecopped Steak;
  • Steak - rolecopped Sandwolf - failed due to being blocked;
  • Sandwolf - actioned YPM - failed due to no night action;
  • Solus - rolecopped Bif - results corroborated by Dragon;
  • siv - actioned YPM;
  • YPM - rolecopped Amni - results corroborated by Bif

I'm admittedly least clear on AA's results, since he claimed the 66 result first, then asked Steak if anything happened to him, then claimed to have targeted Hum which made it harder to follow than it probably needed to be.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Now what we have everyone's claims for night actions, I think ETR's is the most inherently suspicious since it's a continuation of what he was doing on D1 really. It's effectively not contributing much of anything one way or the other. Claiming to have copped flerp is something that can seem fine on its own, but it's an easy thing to lie about when they've already claimed to have no day or night actions...

flerp posted:

i also had no day action so maybe thats why im confused i just want cool stuff

forever vanilla :(

And then when prompted for literally anything about the results, we got this lovely vague response:

Eat The Rich posted:

Unless I need to say more. His own guess isn't far off.

Which tells us pretty much nothing of substance and is easy to just say. After all, Dancer's flip was almost entirely a passive role that wouldn't exactly be much different from a vanilla role at first. Especially when on N1, Dancer would get presumably no results at all. Gonna ##vote ETR.

Sandwolf doesn't strike me as a bad second, since his over-the-top confusion over how to submit actions feels super forced. That he also missed that Dancer's flip explained his own claimed result strikes me as somewhat unlikely. Like, that's just a common sense thing; we're not getting straight results from our actions but the flips explain the codes, so surely you'd read them for that at least?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Seriously

Or more EU/UK cause they're waking up just when it's our evening and it sorta overlaps

UK here, but I'm usually at work so I don't keep up with the thread much except when I'm bored.

Right now I'm just on hold on a call, so I've got maybe a minute or two to poke my head in.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Sup Dragon!! I'm just glad someone else is up so I'm not only drunkposting at Infi lol

Well, probably gonna end up getting a late lunch at this point. Not much of a surprise, really. Such is the joy of tech support I guess.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

ETR has done himself no favours at all now that he's started posting today, I see. Still like that one the best for end of day lunch, personally, especially now. The straight up avoiding answering anything further at all about flerp's stuff is pretty suspect in itself, but the super-hard hedging for Gotg is bad as well. Of course that's already been mentioned, so I'd be remiss to point out that the only person he's actively pushed (though perhaps "nudged" is more accurate for how light it is) as scum is Solus. Who's not a day-ender if he get cuddled. Do you have any other scum reads, ETR?

Though, speaking of Solus, I also kinda feel the need to draw attention to

SolusLunes posted:

just don't lunch dragon if you're gonna freelunch me

For the brazenly shameless degree of buddying it conveys. Like, I can't not see this as scum who saw the writing on the wall and decided to take advantage of the general bad position I'm in to get an easy Town mislunch once they're out of the way.

##vote Solus. Switching back to ETR afterwards though.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

##vote ETR

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

I used my action last night, on AA, and I just got a success with no follow-up so no idea what that did. Judging from this, hard to say if it was much of anything.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Also i got a "target" green with no name following. Familiar to you all?

If I'm understanding it correctly, wouldn't a Green with no name mean you know someone else visited the same person you did, but not who it was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Bif was only a messenger, so how did she know that YPM was copped, those results came back as scum and then why choose Binus to send the message to?