Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

yea let's party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Okay I did it.

You're masons now.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

fool

the pantry mafia game is the other one!!!

##vote ypm

b-minus1 posted:

I’m gonna find the scum

what if it's you? how would you know!!!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Well Gamer is certainly manufacturing exclamation points, in bulk

##vote Gamerofthegame!!!

exclaim yourself, coward

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

at this point I am more waiting for the dust to settle before using mine

don't need to vig someone twice or whatev

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

spoiler; it's still jokephase

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

drop the "bunch" bit it's dumb as hell gang

everyone who's anyone knows that scum aren't going to divine out bad takes and pushes out of the aether day one, that backfires too much. all these bad cases are town

the real scum is etr

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

How do you know which takes are bad, Gamer?

Please list out for me exactly why you disagree with every case made up till now

And why you aren't even voting for "the real scum"

Your Personal Muse posted:

A fun fact: if you had said “two people” instead of “a bunch”, my case would be the same, if not stronger. You still took the time to defuse two joke votes.

if this is anything more then stirring the pot to get reads or is in anyway a genuine case then lmao

I hate anyone who popped into say “wow Bif and YPM are both town because they made bad cases ~~crazy~~ bye”

to be fair

you're both also most of the actual effort posts compared to team white noise, self included

im tired to maybe later

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Amnistar posted:

I think you were 'joking' until such time as someone called you out on it, and then were going to stick with it, like you did with steak.

that's dumb as hell

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

spacing in vienna posted:

K I'm rereading and I don't like this post. People using their actions, fine, people not, fine, but "I don't want to vig someone twice" -- then choose someone not already being targeted? It's a shoddy reason.

listen even with your graph it's a effortful hmm

i thought they'd actually be done at some point tho so whatev

##action toal

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

also; ##unvote

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Back filling it, there is something just off with amni and ypm back and forth, although unfortunately I can't really put my finger on it. It feels a little like just scum making noise in a slow thread to get by, given they're... making nonsense empty arguments. On the flip they could be active town who's only assmo is nonsense empty nomenclature arguments, though.

it's not a big read

Mr. Humalong posted:

you got any reads on people that aren't lurkers?

actually, do you? outside of a brief whitenoise slapfight with bif (which is true of the game in general) you haven't done anything but post stuff like "i am suspicious (in general) of x"

by your count AA, dancer, merk, flerp and etr are all bad and the only ones you have any posting on is aa and etr, with etr being meta nonsense

infact

##vote hum

Mr. Humalong posted:

and there's his 10th

if you had stopped at 9 I would have guessed you're lurking town but this makes you look so bad

don't @me

I feel like I have mush brain from quarantine and keep forgetting basic poo poo, so I bought his excuse completely.

yea it's ignorable imo

i forgot to really look into the thread cuz nonsense jokephase lasted so long and I forgot/didn't read it was only two days long whoops

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

this entire game is making words and using those words to make people vote with you

how is that not inherently pressure that'd dumb as hell

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

lol when??? i think you're remembering a different person.

wait, solus is in the game??

##vote solus lurker kill

Eat The Rich posted:

The starter on my car died yesterday and I'm about to spend the rest of the day putting a new one in. I'm gonna drop a vote on the lurker and talk to y'all on day 2.

##vote Solus

what are these tho

that's weird.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

let's be real there probably isn't enough people active to get to fancy with voting

solus is a nothing vote and I don't think scum would do something so brazenly dumb as that, so maybe steak and etr are ok

unsure.

hum or AA gang

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

this is very bad

we have three hours and nine to hammer

do you think we have nine around cuz I see six or seven and they already have votes even

prove me wrong by all means but that seems kinda dicey

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Not gonna lie I have skimmed over the pages long argument between Amni and YPM because it felt like two people arguing about the meaning of a word which is the most tedious thing ever in mafia

:clap:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

Sure; there's only two real cases so far so that's not a problem in the slightest. Yours on Hum and YPM's on Steak.

Your case on Hum is based on him not using his action at all and then using it on you when called out about it. His reasoning of "what if it's a wasted dayvig" is silly, but silly is not scummy. That he used it in the same post as he floated that weird hypothetical is more defensive there, which you did eventually mention calling it an OMGUS. And to that end, as often as it gets bandied about, I'm not sure I've ever seen an actual, genuine OMGUS.

YPM's case on Steak that he reacted badly to being voted for makes less sense to me, though. Like, yeah, Steak reacted weirdly to that but I think I'd be more suspicious if he didn't. It's suspicious that he said "a bunch" because it's an exaggeration, but if he said "two" it'd still be suspicious because he posted at all? I'm just really not seeing it. That it also became an actual slapfight for a bit is probably not helping, admittedly.

wait hold up

stop a sec, genuinely help me out here gang

we're piling on lurker dragon because they made went what amounts to "idk that feels town to me" with some back and forth after bif needled them on it?

i dunno about this one chief. once again I don't think scumchat would go "let's all start a d1 train on this lurker who said something just weird enough!!" because that seems stupid/suicidal af but still

why? this seems particularly weird from bif who's engaging with people in the thread in general and she comes back to this? have I missed key details of this case

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ask yourselves if this is how town would act

half the game can't be scum!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

you aren't one to talk

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

you swine!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Dragonatrix posted:

During my catch up, the thing that stood out most to be is how everyone is now just kinda overlooking ETR. His posts throughout the entire day have been white noise and multiple responses at different points to say why he's not been posting and explaining why he didn't vote for... merk. Strikes me as odd that aside from getting needled when he first posted explicitly to get to 10 posts to avoid being lurker killed, no one's mentioned it all even though Binus' post was less bad (since he did manage some actual posts beforehand) and that's been brought up a couple times since.

Anyway, I'll try be around until deadline now, but it's at roughly 3am so I can't promise that.

no one is overlooking etr but there's nothing to do against a lurker on d1

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

why would I be anti-hum while also trying to save my scumbuddy lurker

this is me genuinely trying to parse the case because it screams as nothing more then one weird post when others (like hum!! or not toal I g u e s s) exist

push out of nowhere

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

You're all absolutely pathetic.

don't out your teammates in this weird tantrum tho

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

the gently caress

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

shut up, scum

##vote toal ugh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

I think I would rather have gamer or ETR

why

i'm whatev on me but why etr, who has lurked just as hard and not done this weird bit, over toal (or dragon)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

I’m back

If toal flips scum, we’re going after you next

i was on the hum train before hand!!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

##vote etr

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Eat The Rich posted:

This switch seems pretty scummy ngl

i don't think would-be scum would bat for toal

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

seven minutes

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Mr. Steak posted:

i still have to read the entire part of thread there that happened (during night)

im hesitant to vote toal before doing so, and so i want to hit etr

why

they're both lurkers who made a weird post!!

help the dragon/etr/toal pushes feel like the weirdest thing

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

rolecop the person below you on the list btw

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

##vote hum

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

##vote toal

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

...I'm gonna go right ahead and say that immediately actioning the guy who has a high possibility of having a dayvig, and has said they would withhold from using it until the end of day to give town an opportunity to double dunk, to be scummy as gently caress behaviour.

for the record, I copped you and you do not have a dayvig

I shouldn't tell you what you have either, tho.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Gamer, why hum then toal?

because I think hum is scum, as outlined before!!

speaking of

##vote hum

SolusLunes posted:

sure is a lot of knowing what's dumb for scum

yea because why would any scum team make a random push altogether on someone effectively out of nowhere at that point

that just marks you as a group. that's dumb. qed, I don't think they all can be scum together pushing that because while I haven't hit up mafia in a while I entertain the idea that our players here aren't going to be that unsubtle.

also also

Gamerofthegame posted:

why

they're both lurkers who made a weird post!!

help the dragon/etr/toal pushes feel like the weirdest thing

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Good or bad if I action you today?

Doesn't matter.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

Dude not what I was asking. We were consolidating the lunch, it was like 5 or 10 till, we were deciding between etr, toal, and someone else. You stopped and abruptly voted hum, and then in your very next post, two minutes later, voted toal. What was the point of that?

protest mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 27, 2010

At five to ten till? Crappy time to protest.

yea and I want to make it abundantly clear I want to vote hum.