Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ok, game just ended. im flowing into this one along w ypm lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
at least all of these won't resolve until eod this time

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i for one am not gonna blindly use a day-action until i know more

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Hmm now Hum is sucking up to the mod, I don’t like it

last game, day actions were resolved immediately and there was a coded result meaning "you don't have a day action"

Bifauxnen posted:

Well you're not supposed to use your own action while you still got one resolving on you anyway so there

would be a fairly silly rule when the OP clearly states all day actions font resolve until end of day

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*wont

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i find it funny that a bunch of people voted me for the functional equivalent of "wait until later in the day to fire your lurker gun"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Hey don't look at me, I don't make the rules

hmm... that is strange

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

You may use ##action to use your ability during the day or night. However, you may do so only once per day and once per night and it will resolve at the end of that day or night.

[...]

10. If you are affected by a Day Action, you may continue posting. However, do not activate a day action of your own while there is an unresolved one targeting you.

very odd combination of rules.

by this metric, quite a number of players have already broken rule #10, and attempting a day action on a player prevents them from attempting their day action that day at all

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote dragonatrix

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

merk posted:

I’m not using my action probably for the whole game. I’m here to win the old fashioned way.

honestly, probably same cuz i'll be using my rolecop for at least the first couple nights

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Steak you've commented a lot on mechanics, but not at all on this case that mentions you a fair bit. That is odd!

you mean your case on hum?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not seeing anything weird about his behavior

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he policy votes me d1 in every game, during jokephase.
thats not a reason to use his action on me. tho, i mean, theres no reason to use your action on literally anybody that early, but still

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Personal Muse posted:

The initial vote was a joke, current vote is real

what changed?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, @bif

this might sound weird, but it's consistent with things ive said in the past in town games:

as much as hum has a d1 policy of suspecting me, i have a similar d1 policy of refusing to suspect humalong.

he plays d1 weird, like, all the time, but hes a really valuable player to have around once game starts happening for real. and if he's scum, that'll make itself known. he's way way way better at playing town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I explained it already, you overreacted to the joke votes.

oh yeah. i remember now.

your case is that "a bunch" cannot possibly mean two people

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You know, I looked back at that post, I don’t think I actually said that my case was only that you incorrectly used the phrase “a bunch”

A fun fact: if you had said “two people” instead of “a bunch”, my case would be the same, if not stronger. You still took the time to defuse two joke votes.

drat, try making your case without being an rear end in a top hat about it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I’m not sure how I was an rear end in a top hat, I was refuting your straw man argument. If I insulted you without realizing it, I’m sorry, truly, I don’t want mafia to become unpleasant and I would appreciate if you pointed out what I did to attack you that was unwarranted so I can rectify it in the future.

i thought you were doing it on purpose, so im sorry for jumping the gun. i didnt feel personally insulted, just talked down to.

like, the "fun fact" and "actually, i reread my post and i don't think i said that" came off as unnecessary ways to say "i disagree with that take". like, did you actually go reread your own post before writing that, and then come to the newfound conclusion that your case was not exactly what i said...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i didnt mean to present it as a strawman, nor fool anyone into thinking that was the sum total of your case.

i meant that's how i saw your case.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i guess now i understand your case as being that i engaged seriously with votes you saw as jokes.

well, i suppose my counterargument for the case is this, then:

not every vote made during jokephase is a joke, even when couched as such.

also, at the risk of veering into self-meta territory... even if i did respond with an inappropriate level of defensiveness to an early set of jokevotes, do you legit think that's scummy behavior? i mean, im not gonna get into how i behave and think as scum cuz im trying to steer clear of those sorts of arguments, but even in an overarching general sense, i think scum players would be way less inclined to engage seriously with anything during jokephase, let alone lend credence to votes on themselves and opening up more conversation about those votes, as opposed to.... literally directing attention anywhere else

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

flerp posted:

i kinda remember bee man being a lot more aggressive and active day 1 but i cant remember if those were scum games or town games

lol when??? i think you're remembering a different person.

flerp posted:

better than my rate of 0% :(

i guess to respond to cases, bif feels like classic bif

toal feels weird esp w/ the amni stuff that rly makes it seem less like they want to convince people and just want an opinion out there

AA does look weird, would like to see him and the other lurker crew (merk, dancer) post more. i dont remember merk being this bad of a lurker, dancer i do vaguely recall can do that tho

also where the gently caress is solus? vienna? even etr popping in w/ a nothing post. lots of people that are theyre to skip out on d1

wait, solus is in the game??

##vote solus lurker kill

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steak give us some scum reads so I feel better about unvoting you, you have mechanics talk and a lurker vote so far

my scum reads are people who aren't trying.

tbh hum sounds a lot worse to me now that he's just spending a lot of posts blaming d1 for being vanilla maf, instead of trying to help scumhunt.

etr is the same

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacing in vienna posted:

Hello game, my husband is brave enough to help me try to bleach streaks into my hair. This will probably all end in tears.

No I haven't posted much. D1 is being weird and flat. I think we all got hyped up for the bloodbath and then blue balled having to wait for EOD.

I need to reread hidden mafia 1 because I feel like some of the scum got to rolecop each other d1 which means someone not using an action in thread might have already used it as scum. But that game was a while ago and I could be insane????

i am taking a risk here by assuming quoting the mod **from other games** is allowed.

this is from scumchat in hidden roles mafia 1:

quote:

Welcome to the scumchat! You can chat freely with your scumbuddies here. In this channel and this channel alone, you can post any Role PM's you get your hands on here.

**Unlike town, you do not get an individual rolecop each. ** Instead, you have a communal rolecop you can use during the day, as well as another one during the night.

The Day rolecop cannot be used on members of the scum team. The night rolecop can be used on anyone you want.

who's to say if that's the same this time or not tho

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(also, this is visible to every player in this game, by nature of being kn yami's discord server. so im sure this doesnt violate the spirit of the game)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##action solus

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thank you for backing me up steak :hfive:

Why the change to using your action? You weren't going to.

i never said i wasnt gonna use it at all

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, yes, suspicious through words is pressure

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

also, yes, suspicious through words is pressure

*suspicion

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
just gonna say, i wont be around much near deadline and im having trouble parsing the last 3 pages of thread. but i'll defo vote to prevent NL at the bare minimum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
not digging the toalpaz vote cuz its been a while since they signed up for mafia and it'll be a bummer to chuck em this early

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote etr

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i genuinely havent read the last like 5 pages (no time), but etr was striking me as scummy earlier, and its also been a while since i *personally* have played maf with toal, and they're generally a delight to play with.

idk why they seem to be acting antagonistic in this game, but im hoping stuff calms dow by tomorrow

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
come on guys, please play nice

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait, i just checked their post history, and the responses to toal's posting are really overblown. yeah they seem frustrated and annoyed, but really the only post that actually crosses the line into "rude" is this one

Toalpaz posted:

You're all absolutely pathetic.

which i can understand thinking when a day of mafia feels like youre just being attacked and not listened to

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

no one attacked toal, people asked them to explain their random driveby votes and their one-liner case on amni

i still have to read the entire part of thread there that happened (during night)

im hesitant to vote toal before doing so, and so i want to hit etr

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im really not liking the tone of this game right now.

regardless of what happens, lets all take a breather tonight and come back to thread with fresh minds and an understanding that this is a game that's supposed to be fun

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is a great idea though.

i was gonna disagree, but i actually would love to rolecop sandwolf, so lol ok

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

No, you 66d steak. Everything is codified and weird. :arghfist: yami

it may not have been hum. idk what it means but heres what i know: i tried to rolecop sandwolf and recieved a result of "its a yami game" which probably means the action failed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@bif and ypm

why are you not saying what amni's day action is gonna do to bif?

he obviously has one, or he wouldnt be impotently trying to use it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@siv

you arent considering the most obvious possibility about yom not being jailed. toalpaz died.