Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@hum

whats your impression of my role? something that i'd probably realize what it does immediately if i use it, or something that'd probably just confuse me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Personal Muse posted:

I don’t know if me and Bif are on the same page, but I want to murder Sand because I think he committed the nk. He claimed he rolecopped and took an action (which is impossible under our rules) and acted like he couldn’t because I was jailed, even though I took an action. Basically, he’s scum who screwed up his night action claim and is trying to act like he doesn’t know what’s going on.

##vote sand

this seems pretty clear-cut, BUT he could have always been roleblocked himself. cuz all he'd know is his action failed, and i can understand assuming it's cuz you were jailed.

idk about his weird claims of what he attempted, but since he ended up failing, it could be as simple as he misread the OP and thought he could do both at once, and since he was blocked, yami didnt bother to correct him.

also, im repeating that i targetted sandwolf with a rolecop and it failed, so there's a possibility he was legit jailed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
y'know what would be funny, is if ypm and bif are scum together, and one of them did the nightkill while using their shared rolecop claims to mask it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bolded section suggests he took a night action and assumed it didn’t work

oh, now that im reading his actual post, that was clearly just an attempted action that was ignored by yami

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Also this post, which I should have just quoted to begin with, says he took a night action

oh wait this post is weird. particularly the claim that he didnt receive a result for his day action, which is just.... literally impossible as far as im concerned

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im still leaning towards sandwolf is just majorly confused

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Steak, that is not what Sand said. Yami responded. Why are you rushing to Sand’s defense and throwing shade at me and Bif

im not rly throwing shade at y'all, just tossing out a possibility.

for someone who was so adamant yesterday about words not constituting "pressure", this is a really funny reaction ngl

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also, im giving sandwolf the benefit of the doubt. i dont rly think i need more of a reason to not just pile onto his vote...?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
alright, so the possibility of sandwolf being jailed doesnt exist anymore.

also, its a little weird that sandwolf initially said explicitly that he "rolecopped" ypm

but again; he's probably just confused and should **probably reread the OP**

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk what to make of sandy literally getting no response to his day action.

sandwolf, did yami send nothing at all in your confessional between your wincon and the post of "g"?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

He didn't say anything to you at all? Didn't even just stall you by saying "Soon."? :v:

You appear to have no night action though if that "g" result is the truth.

from amni's PM i suppose?

sandy must be entirely passive then

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

Yami corrected me Bif that I should have said action not target, but how you knew that was correct syntax in advance I’m still confused by

read. the. OP.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

I received a “404” message. I’m guessing I was role blocked

idk about that, binus. i got a message of "it's a yami game" which we know from toal's flip means action failed

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacing in vienna posted:

At least one person did the NK instead of rolecopping; that person either has to claim action failure or double up on someone else's response.

We're at 15 alive but I've only seen 11 claim night actions.

Also I'm wondering if I should share what my extra info is. I don't know what it is or what it means but if I get copped or NK'd there will at least be info for town.

all of this is relatively moot though if we simply consider the possibility of scum having a single day-rolecop just like last game.

they can claim to have night-rolecopped the daycop target and boom, they have an alibi

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Both Bif and I would have to be scum. Bif, to me, is confirmed to have rolecopped Amni

how did bif confirm her rolecop to you? besides the possibility of you trying to call her bluff by faking your own confirmation.

was there a confirmation besides bif saying "yes okay" to your youtube link?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@hum

can i self-target, or target the same player twice in a row?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Even if that’s so (I suspect Yami would have anti breaking measures of some sort), having some sort of verifiable claim for later down the line will cut through confusion at crucial times.

idk if im reading this right.

but all im saying is confirmation of knowing a player's role will NEVER be a confirmation of *when* or *how* they know it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
plus, for all we know scum's rolecop is communal and not assigned for a specific person to perform

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Steak posted:

plus, for all we know scum's rolecop is communal and not assigned for a specific person to perform

note; this is NOT how it worked in the first game. the communal rolecop DID take the place of one person's action. but still, im sure yami has changed at least 1 or 2 things about how scum work in this one

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah there's ways we've been talking about it that just kind of prove we know what we're talking about

Also that YouTube link was extremely clever

yeah, all im saying is, don't just treat that as confirmation of township, obviously. but even further, you cant even treat it as confirmation that they didnt perform the nk

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat The Rich posted:

Not particularly. I've only read through the new posts once. I'm gonna brew some coffee and try to parse things into something that makes sense.

My action on Mr. Steak returned 'Soon.'
My rolecop on flerp didn't return anything incriminating.

you're probably a rolecop, buddy

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wait lol, i mean roleBLOCK

dumb brain

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh, siv already said. whoops

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
last time etr posted about being drunk, he was scum.

youre too predictable ##vote etr

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(psa directed mainly at bif)

STOP INCLUDING YOURSELF ON LUMPENLISTS

thank you

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
note: i'm also side-eyeing bif right now because i **hate** when people go out of their way to remind everyone that they're town. hate, as in, it personally annoys me but it's also a manipulative scum tactic. whether theyre doing it consciously or not, its taking advantage of subconscious psychological poo poo that gives more credence to statements that you see repeated multiple times.

and bif has unnecessarily reminded us that she's scum like 5 times in the last page

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol typo.

reminded us that she's *town*

is what i meant

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##unvote

literally nobody is even trying to defend etr, and the case is not even that hard to defend against.

this aint the behavior of a thread about to lunch scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

sigh, maybe the 'red' I received was for me then, I have nothing else in my chat with Yami that would give me any info on you

is the result on me information I would benefit from? otherwise I have no problem with you keeping it close to your chest

omg sandwolf you poor confused man. everyone has been talking about how red means YOU dont have a day action. idk how you have managed to confuse yourself so bad

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
for the benefit of anyone who's genuinely confused:

in this game, the results are in code. THE CODES ALWAYS MEAN THE SAME THING BETWEEN PLAYERS. so when people flip, we gain more info about what the codes mean.

here's what we know so far:

"red" = you don't have a day action.
if yami ever said the word "red" to you, it means you don't have a day action. in this particular game, that doesnt modkill you. so yami tells us when we try.

"Soon" = your action succeeded.
if you received nothing after that, then you have a role that doesnt produce further results.

"It's a Yami game" = you would normally have that type of action but it failed.

"g" = you dont have a night action.
if you got this, you should only use rolecop from now on.

we might learn more from future flips

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i still dont think etr is scum anymore

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
(havent quite caught up in thread yet)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
another active game JUST managed a vote swing at 30 minutes to deadline on someone with 0 votes before. voting now "no prevent no lunch" is a cop-out and scummy.

##vote aa

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*to* prevent

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
tho, granted, the subject of that vote swing was town, so scum could help, we have way longer.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eat The Rich posted:

##vote etr

Put me out of misery already. Yeesh.

:redhammer:

if you're town, youre an idiot

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
humalong, can you fullclaim my role please?

i didnt get any results apart from "soon" but i'd still really like to know it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or in the absence of that, can you tell me whether claiming who i targeted would give you any useful info at all, or if not

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacing in vienna posted:

Seriously, no one rolecopped me? Okay fine. Here's what I have anyway.

I submitted a night action on YPM on night 1 because I hosed up. I got "soon" and then another word, one that hasn't been seen in anyone else's role PM yet so I don't know specifically what it decodes to.

Last night, on the theory that me getting a unique result meant something useful, I submitted a night action on gamer. I got "soon," and then a different word.

Theory: I'm the cop. The words indicate alignment. It's one of the few roles I can think of that would get a single word back but not any player name or just success/failure.

Theory: YPM and GOTG don't share an alignment.

If someone copped me we can know for sure if I'm right and which word decodes to which alignment. Although I've been leaning town on YPM and scum on gamer anyway, so.

while im all for that, it could just as easily be a role that tells you whether the person used a rolecop or an action

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ok so I can tell you your role but it would drastically diminish your power. Up to you if you really want to know. Telling me your target would be helpful because it would tell me who you think is the most towny

dang, ok. dont tell me it then