Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
on the offchance i offer some sort of protection at night (dont answer that), and you've stated i can't target te same person twice in a row, i think i should be quiet on who i targetted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacing in vienna posted:

It's weirder than that, unless I'm reading this wrong. Because it looks to me like his flavor name was scum-aligned while his actual alignment was ???

oh gently caress, good cstch. i sort of assumed that was what would appear if you copped him, but.... youre right that the alignment has always been in the parentheses. yami you troll! i bet he was town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yami Fenrir posted:

This was a freak pasting error. It's fixed now.

oh lol welp

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
##vote binus

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So no, I didn't send any messages.

AA is right that I don't know everything about the mechanics. I've been thinking about this.

The only possibility that I can see that doesn't involve either b- lying or a messenger lying to b- would be for me to be the cop, and somehow if I target scum, it sends my decoded results to another player. In this scenario I would have to be the cop, since no one else successfully targeted YPM n1, and I don't think sending uncoded messages makes sense with the hidden element of the game.

that would be plausible if binus received the message on n1

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sandwolf posted:

the longer binus doesn't explain this the worse it looks? like just admit if it was bs or not but it's sorta feeling like a backfired gambit

take it from me, the self-proclaimed king of lying townies. there'd be no town motivation for lying about that.

i cant exactly wrap my head around a scum motivation for it either, but binus coming back to thread after all the questions just to put a smiley and leave again.... i think voting him is the best move

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
also of note is the complete lack of actual votes on binus (besides me), despite the amount of skepticism leveled at him for this claim. compare to the rather easy way gotg voted for etr after the claim.

so, i actually dont think gotg is scum with binus unless scum has basically given up, because that vote would be way too obvious. he may still be scum if binus is town, pulling off an easily-justifiable bus that's unlikely to take off. but right now, im thinking binus scum

what im thinking is that there's probably a scum among the posters shading binus but neglecting to place a vote

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gamerofthegame posted:

i think you (and others) put way to much faith in the argument of ha ha an actual mechanical vote as if the vote history matters in comparison to how you post

if you don't think I'm scum then what about siv's cop thing, assuming that paints ypm as scum then are you saying binus is randomly and awkwardly bussing ypm?

that's a lot of buses in a post-etr world

we're under quarantine people stop this

idfk what binus was thinking, regardless of alignment (unless 3p)

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if he is scum, obviously lying about this would be a horrible gambit.

if he is town, why the hell wouldnt he claim it in his first post of the day?

my current theory is, he's scum telling the truth. decided after siv's claim to claim it

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

b-minus1 posted:

I was just loving around last night after getting caught up with the game. Ypm’s posts were pinging me and everything he has posted since last night has convinced me that he’s scum.

dont be surprised to be turbo'd.

##unvote momentarily to reread ypm's reactions and see if somehow this terribly misinformed town gambit paid off.

but probably, you screwed the pooch regardless of your alignment

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Your Personal Muse posted:

If you, Amnistar, think it might be a gambit, then it is a gambit, because without going into too many details, you would HAVE to be involved if it was real.

I guess the cop could have copped me n1, and been rolecopped, and been told out of thread their role, and did not reveal it in thread (because ????) and then used the OTHER messenger to get the message to b-minus for whatever reason, and I’m a miller role. I just don’t see that happening

this is the only ypm post that could possibly be used as evidence of your gambit working (because it *is* a little weird) but i'm very much not getting "this is not how a town player responds to someone calling them scum" from it. the miller suggestion was only to say "this is how extremely unlikely i find this possibility"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm willing to accept that it was a horrible town gambit. we have more than enough time left, and i'd rather get scum than punish binus for being bad.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im finding "ypm scum" to be really unlikely because of his case on gotg coming *before* siv's claim, so it'd have to be a majorly lucky coincidence for scum-ypm's chosen push to suddenly get a potential "not same alignment as me" result.

of course. siv could be scum and pulling a complicated gambit, but..... occam's razor

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
unrelated, i'd like for someone else (sandwolf or amni?) to rolecop me simply for the sake of confirming the things hum has answered about my role.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

Ah. Ok I know what most of that means. Weird that the mod decided you are aware of your role...UNLESS YOUR SCUMBRO TOLD YOU ALREADY

##vote AA

responding super late to this:

its not hard at all to believe being told what his codes mean was enough to constitute being made aware if his role

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gamerofthegame posted:

yes you will absolutely die tonight and not the cop lmao

sure, if scum really wants siv's codes to flip

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is this a typo? Scum telling the truth? (Italics mine)

not a typo. tho its irrelevant now that he's claimed lying town

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ypm, why did you imply earlier that amni is some sort of cop role?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
specifically, this

Your Personal Muse posted:

If you, Amnistar, think it might be a gambit, then it is a gambit, because without going into too many details, you would HAVE to be involved if it was real.

the claim in question being, that someone was sent cop results from n1, on n2.

you said amni would HAVE to be involved in such an event. i have no idea why you'd say that.

please explain?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i agree w siv ##vote gamer

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
n2: humalong "soon"
n3: flerp "soon"

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wait, what the hell is so weird about this?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nah, dragon is fine.

instead we kill the scum ##vote amni

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is humalong actually scum tho....?

i dont like this possibility. i shall investigate

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lets not kill any of the lurkers and instead only kill scum

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not even lurking that much. the days just been slow

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Humalong posted:

I highly suspect Sandwolf is scum. I am 50/50 on Dragonatrix at this point. Infinitum is spending all of his time talking in the masonry that I wasn't aware existed instead of getting info out here in the thread where we can all use it.

i wasnt aware a masonry existed before this post.....

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what? i lurked that bad??

drat, sorry guys

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i got action failed on amnistar

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Really? Ebat did you try to do to me steak...

idk, but i assume its a good thing, since hum urged me to use it on townies.

i previously got a success on hum and flerp, but.... no clue what it did. i kinda assumed im a doc or something. if so, i've been loving it up

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Awww you think I'm town!

i also thought flerp was town lmao

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

You are on fire this game!

bro why are you posting like scum that already won? its skeeving me out

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh lmfao so amni is scumclaiming and giving up

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat, im really sorry about your lurky as gently caress teammates

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

poo poo happens.

I'm just happy I'm gonna get you lurker lunched before I go :)

lol yeah im honestly surprised i didnt meet the threshold. i knew i was being moderately disengaged but... whoops

##vote steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amnistar posted:

Well, I tried. I didnt realize no one was going to see cop results and realize what they meant. Otherwise I wouldn't have tried the gambit.

im sure someone would have realized it eventually lol