Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Because the first one wasn’t confusing enough, here’s Hidden Role Mafia 2!
Guaranteed to be twice as confusing!

Basic information

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be around 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things.
This is a role madness game is for 17 people.
We’ll be using Discord to manage everything, so please make sure you have access to it for the game. Discord link: https://discord.gg/aAJkkNS
Alignment changes are not part of this game.

Special mechanic: Hidden Roles

As the name of the game would imply, you will not know your own role. In fact, you will not even receive your role pm!

However, to make up for that, everyone in the game has a rolecop they can use IN PLACE of their role's action at night, if applicable.

When used, it will give you a copy of ANOTHER player's Role PM (Minus alignment, of course). The rule regarding posting Role PM's still applies, so do not simply paste them! Again, this rolecop cannot be used on yourself.
You may use ##action to use your ability during the day or night. However, you may do so only once per day and once per night and it will resolve at the end of that day or night.
You will receive your results in your confessional channels, which will be provided.

General Mafia Rules (That have been stolen from Natural 20 who stole them from Somberero)

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a game day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, you will be freely lunchable on the next day, in addition to the standard vote. If multiple people do not post often enough, only one may be lunched this way.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to an Obs doc if you want to chat poo poo.
5. Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.
6. Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want. However, scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims. Additionally whilst I try to retain flavour justification for many abilities, they will not always match expectations.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. If you are affected by a Day Action, you may continue posting. You may do your action like normal, even when targeted. Day actions essentially resolve just like night actions whenever possible.

A note about result language

1. Results will be hidden as well, via code. So even if you have an investigative role, you will not know what your result is.
2. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result, this is a mod error.
3. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

Lastly:

This is probably going to be a bit unbalanced. In case it wasn't obvious. Be aware of this if you sign up.

Signups:

1. Amnistar (He/Him)
  2. Anomalous Amalgam
  3. b-minus1
  4. Bifauxnen (she/her but I don't care if you gently caress it up )
  5. Dancer
  6. Dragonatrix (they/their/them)
  7. Eat The Rich
  8. flerp (he/him)
  9. Gamerofthegame
  10. merk (Replaced by Infinitum)
  11. Mr. Humalong (w/e)
  12. Mr. Steak (he/him)
  13. Sandwolf (He/Him)
  14. SolusLunes
  15. spacing in vienna
  16. Toalpaz (THEY THEM)
  17. Your Personal Muse

Replacements:

[*]Infinitum (Call me anything you like...just don't call me late for dinner! ha cha cha~)

Observers:

Nep-Nep
Podima
Squiggly

:rip: Graveyard: :rip:
Toalpaz, Zed (Town-Aligned Pokemon Trainer) was lunched Day 1.
Dancer, Purple (Town-Aligned The Medium Rare Well Done) was killed Night 1.
Eat The Rich, Scum-Aligned Republican Car (???-Aligned Crazy Taxi) was lunched Day 2.
Soluslunes, 936 (Town-Aligned Bouncing Bulletproof) was lurkerlunched Day 2.
Bifauxnen, Wat (Town-Aligned Messenger) was killed Night 2.
Gamerofthegame, Blue (Town-Aligned 2x Ricochet Vig) was lunched Day 3
Spacing in Vienna, ToL (Town-Aligned Inspector) was killed Night 3.
Dragonatrix, Banana (Scum-Aligned Bomberman) was modkilled Day 4.
flerp, 666 (Scum-Aligned Roleswapper) was lunched Day 4.
Mr. Humalong, Pikachu (Town-Aligned Goku) was killed Night 4.
b-minus1, 112 (Town-Aligned Copzerker) was killed Night 4.
Mr. Steak, 111 (Town-Aligned Repeater) was lurkerlunched Day 5.
Amnistar, Nightmason (Scum-Aligned Daymason) was lunched Day 5.
Your Personal Muse, Seventy Two (Town-Aligned Medpack Dispenser) was killed Night 5.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Can I be moved to the replacement list please?

I hope this is temporary, but I am feeling rather unwell atm and couldn't commit to forum mafia.
Fingers crossed I can play, but wouldn't want to take a spot away from someone if I'm off sick.

Sure. Get well soon!

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Apr 2, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Thats everyone! Join the discord for those who haven't yet, game will start as son as your confessionals are set up.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Make sure you are in the discord!

https://discord.gg/Ze4s8TJ

Day 1 begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNkrF43SZEU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Steak posted:

very odd combination of rules.

by this metric, quite a number of players have already broken rule #10, and attempting a day action on a player prevents them from attempting their day action that day at all

Good catch, I forgot to edit that one out.

You may do your action like normal, even when targeted. Day actions essentially resolve just like night actions whenever possible.

I just didn't want to have to constantly run after the game like in hidden role maf 1.

:negative:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: Toalpaz, Seventy Two – (Town-Aligned Pokemon Trainer) was lunched Day 1. :rip:

quote:

During the day, you may catch another player in your pokeball. Said player is jailed for the rest of the day and night cycle. You may not use this ability on the same player twice in a row or it will fail.

During the night, you may target a player to use the power of the player caught in your pokeball. In doing so, you release your prisoner, making them targetable again, but forcing them to target somebody of your choice.

When you become aware of this power, your targets are no longer jailed at night and can do their own action in addition to whoever you target.

action success Soon.
action failure It's a yami game

---

Infinitum replaces Merk!

Day actions will be resolved shortly, please stand by.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Apr 6, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: Dancer, Purple (Town-Aligned The Medium Rare Well Done) was killed Night 1. :rip:

quote:

Passively, at the end of the night, you will be told the night targets of the people that have died so far.

When you become aware of this power, you can use an ability of a dead player once. They will be the one that visits your target.

no day action red
no night action g
action success Soon.

---

It is now Day 2.

:siren: SolusLunes may be lunched without ending the Day today! :siren:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:redhammer:

SolusLunes was lurkerlunched Day 2.

The day continues.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: Eat The Rich, Republican Car (Scum-Aligned Crazy Taxi) was lunched Day 2. :rip:

quote:

During the night, you can select one or two targets.

You will swap all actions from one to the other target. If you selected only one target, the second target will automatically be you.

While you are not aware of your role, you can also swap people during the day and the dead. The same rules apply.

action success Soon.
no day action red

:rip: Soluslunes, 936 (Town-Aligned Bouncing Bulletproof) was lurkerlunched Day 2. :rip:

quote:

Passively, you start out being permanently bulletproof.

During the night, you may use your action to move your bulletproof to a random player. This happens regardless of who you target. They will not be notified, however this protection will show up to any rolecops.

Using the action again will move the Bulletproof once more, regardless of its current holder.

When you become aware of this power, the Bulletproof can no longer be moved.

action success Soon.
no day action red

---

It is now Night 2.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 9, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip:Bifauxnen, Wat (Town-Aligned Messenger) was killed Night 2. :rip:

quote:

At night, you may select a player. They will be given the message accompanying your action input at the start of the next day. If nothing is written, your last post in the thread will be added to the message instead.

When you become aware of this power, you will be protected from any effects of abilities that target the player revealing an ability’s power while using this ability. The ability will remain changed for the player in question, however.

action success Soon.
no day action red

---

It is now Day 3.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 9, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

spacing in vienna posted:

It's weirder than that, unless I'm reading this wrong. Because it looks to me like his flavor name was scum-aligned while his actual alignment was ???

This was a freak pasting error. It's fixed now.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Infinitum posted:

Going to bed, I have been putting this game aside cause there's no deadline set..

I've poked Yami on discord, so hopefully we can get that squared away.
Otherwise imma keep playing Animal Crossing :v:

Been there, done that.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: Gamerofthegame, Blue (Town-Aligned 2x Ricochet Vig) was lunched Day 3:rip:

quote:

During the night, you may target a player. You will kill whoever your target visits. You will only be seen visiting your original target. Should your target visit nobody or themselves, this ability will fail. You have 2 charges of this ability.

When you become aware of this power, you will gain 1x dayvig (##shoot) and lose your night kill.

no day action red
no night action g
action success Soon.

---

It is now Night 3.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: Spacing in Vienna, ToL (Town-Aligned Inspector) was killed Night 3. :rip:

quote:

At night, you can select a player. You will be told if said player has the ability to kill.

When you become aware of this power, you can use ##inspect during daytime once. The result will be publicly announced.

action success Soon.
no day action red
can kill voltorb
can not kill vegeta

---

It is now Day 3.

:siren: One of Dragonatrix, Infinitum and Sandwolf may be lunched without ending the Day today! :siren:

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Amnistar posted:

I think votefinder is drunk.

Votefinder sobered up.

Votecount for Day 4

Your Personal Muse (1): b-minus1

Not Voting (9): Amnistar, Anomalous Amalgam, Dragonatrix, flerp, Infinitum, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Steak, Sandwolf, Your Personal Muse

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hello, just a quick PSA:

The b- vote on YPM is a result of the earlier hiccup from votefinder. I manually added it because b- voted them before i managed to fix vf.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:siren: Public Service Announcement! :siren:

Because of the unfortunate amount of lurking, I have decided to tighten the lurker rules. Because Dragonatrix has not posted in more than an entire game day, I have decided to modkill them.

Because I am still at work, the flip will happen later today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

There were some issues with subbing in AA's new account for the old one. As such, votes on AA/Naga appear to be wiped. Please reapply them as necessary.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: Dragonatrix, Banana (Scum-Aligned Bomberman) was modkilled Day 4. :rip:

quote:

During the night, you may lay one bomb at a target player’s feet. This counts as a killing action whenever relevant but will only roleblock the target for that night.

When you become aware of this power, any bombs you place or have placed gain remote detonation and no longer automatically roleblock. Instead, you use ##Detonate to trigger them. You may use this during daytime once. If used this way, you need to quote the action in question. Said action will be blocked.

action success Soon.

---

The day continues.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: flerp, 666 (Scum-Aligned Roleswapper) was lunched Day 4. :rip:

quote:

During the day or night, you may select one or two players. The roles of said players will be swapped. If you only select one target, the other will be you.

When you become aware of this power, you can no longer use it during the day, but will be told what the roles you swapped are. You will not be told which role belonged to which player, however.

action success Soon.
no day action red

---

It is now Night 4.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Apr 16, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: Mr. Humalong, Pikachu (Town-Aligned Goku) was killed Night 4. :rip:

quote:

Passively, whenever you would die by anything other than the vote, you will instead achieve a new level of power.

1st death: 1x Bulletproof
2nd death: Permanently bulletproof
3rd death: 1x Dayvig, resolves at the end of night as you must charge your spirit bomb.
4th death: become untargetable by all actions as you achieve ultra instinct. You can still die to the vote.

Your powers only go into effect after you have become aware of them. You lose your ability to power up instead of dying once you do.

:rip:b-minus1, 112 (Town-Aligned Copzerker) was killed Night 4.:rip:

quote:

At night, you may select a player. You will be told the alignment of your target.

When you become aware of this power, you will lose this ability and instead gain a compulsive nightvig.

action success Soon.
no day action red
scum 404
town 0

---

It is now Day 5.

:siren:Mr. Steak may be lunched without ending the Day today! :siren:

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Apr 16, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Mr. Steak was lurkerlunched Day 5.

The day continues.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Votes have been reset due to Lurkerlunch.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip:Mr. Steak, 111 (Town-Aligned Repeater) was lurkerlunched Day 5.:rip:

quote:

During the night, you can select a player. Said player will be forced to repeat his last night’s action. This will repeat the action even if they would not be able to normally, but can still be blocked by all normal means.

When you become aware of this power, you can also use it on dead players.

action success Soon.
no day action red

:rip:Amnistar, Nightmason (Scum-Aligned Daymason) was lunched Day 5.:rip:

quote:

During the day, you can add one player to a masonry. You can talk to them during any point of the day or night. The masonry will only exist as long as there are two or more player in them.

When you become aware of this power, you can no longer be affected by any actions of the people inside your masonry. They may still vote for you.

no night action g
action success Soon.

---

It is now Night 5.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 16, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip:Your Personal Muse, seventy two (Town-Aligned Medpack Dispenser) was killed Night 5.:rip:

quote:

During the night, you can drop a medpack off at another player, which lasts for the remainder of the game. Should they get attacked, they will use it up. Any one player can only have one medpack at a time.

When you become aware of this power, you instead become a normal Doctor, causing all previously placed medpacks to disappear. You may not target the same player twice in a row.

action success Soon.
no day action red
[/b]

---

It is now Day 6.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Apr 17, 2020

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

:rip: Sandwolf, F (Scum-Aligned Vortex) was lunched Day 6. :rip:

quote:

Passively, you cannot be affected by actions other than rolecop, nightkills and the vote. Any actions targeting you will be stored. You also have 1x bulletproof.

Whenever you are made aware of your role, whoever revealed your role to you will be targeted by ALL of your stored abilities at once.

After this effect resolves, you lose your passive protection.

no day action red
no night action g

Infinitum and NAGA LIU KANG have won the game for Town!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Sandwolf posted:

I saw AA’s post last night and just said gently caress it and went to sleep.

@Yami is there a reason flerp couldn’t rolecop me?

Steak repeated flerp's previous action, which was to kill Bif.

Again.

Poor bif got killed in her grave.