Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I'm not paying twenty bucks to watch it.

Let's all discuss how much we think it's worth to watch a Star War. I open with a respectable five dollars a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

You should buybit because as soon as you do they'll put it on Disney Plus the next day.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Roth posted:

You should buybit because as soon as you do they'll put it on Disney Plus the next day.

The fate of the galaxy......on my shoulders............

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It's because you're typing it wrong. It's actually Star Wars Colon Episode IX Dash The Rise of Skywalker.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm not paying twenty bucks to watch it.

Let's all discuss how much we think it's worth to watch a Star War. I open with a respectable five dollars a movie.

luckily, there's a free version of Ep 5, which is the best in breed

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
A new hope: 1.99$, it ain't a bad movie by any means but even if by some miracle you've not already seen it you've definitely seen ten billion things ripping it off and through cultural osmosis you probably will have no surprises in store for you.

Empire: 4.99$, Widely considered the best star wars and also usually on lists of best movies of all time somewhere. I personally think it's really really good, easily worth 5 dollars.

Return of the Jedi: 99 cents, once you get onto endor and you realize han solo is just gonna be phoning it in the entire time you'll thank me for this price point. The sequence where he realizes how much incest has been going on in the franchise in the previous two films is pretty funny and even as a lil child I loved han's face work in it but of course like all great things it's free on youtube.

Phantom Menace: 35 cents, This is as high as I'd be willing to go for a prequel movie. Only buy these if you can find the spare time to go pick up change that fell out of people's cars as they were walking around in the parking lot of a store somewhere.

Attack of the Clones: -35 cents, if someone offered to buy me a copy of the phantom menace but only on the condition that I watched this as well I might go for it but only if the phantom menace was cheap enough that I didn't feel I was ripping anyone off.

Revenge of the Sith: 25 cents, if this movie wanted to be worth another dime they should have explained who general grievous was. gently caress it they even wasted count dooku.

The Force Awakens: 1.00$, the plot sucks but at least it's trying not to take a huge poo poo on you the way the prequels were. Hypothetically this story has value in a way the prequels did not because you already knew the ultimate outcome of the prequel trilogy and artistically the prequels were completely devoid of anything justifying their existence. This isn't that but it ain't all that much better.

The Last Jedi: 80 cents, This movie might have gotten a slightly better price point from me if it had been given a proper followup. Really from a writing perspective it's more of a first film for a trilogy than a second which is a huge weakness because Disney didn't have the balls to change directions and try to make star wars interesting. This movie introduces more dumb ideas than good ideas ultimately and spits on traditional trilogy structure at any opportunity which it turns out was a dumb thing to do. Kylo Ren is the most interesting he will ever be in this.

Rise of Skywalker: 25 cents, This is the disappointing capstone to what was a basically empty story constructed to please soccer moms and corporate shareholders. Ultimately it failed to please either. May be worth a quarter if you want to see palpatine again.

Cost of original trilogy: 7.97$

Cost of prequel trilogy: 25 cents

Cost of sequel trilogy: 2.05$

Total cost: 10.27$

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One hundred quatloos

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Why rent Rise of Skywalker when you can rent a good movie instead OP?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Filthy Hans posted:

luckily, there's a free version of Ep 5, which is the best in breed

This gif was made the same year Revenge of the Sith was released.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

nine-gear crow posted:

I don't understand

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

But it's not STAR WARS

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Rent: Rise of Skywalker, the musical

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Nine hundred twenty five thousand, six hundred sequels...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

josh04 posted:

Nine hundred twenty five thousand, six hundred sequels...

All subsequently cancelled because it turns out that, no, nobody actually wanted to see Greedo: A Star Wars Story.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Blockbuster Closed :(

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

nine-gear crow posted:

All subsequently cancelled because it turns out that, no, nobody actually wanted to see Greedo: A Star Wars Story.

Disney wanted to make the Greedo film back in 2017 with Bradford Young on cinematography, but they scuttled the project when it came out Young was already working on another film.

Greedo died when Solo was shot first.

Schwarzwald fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 31, 2020

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

nine-gear crow posted:

There's Solo, there's Greedo,
There's Sheev and there's Vader,
There's Chewie, there's Leia,
There's Dexter Jettster

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

josh04 posted:

There's Solo, there's Greedo,
There's Sheev and there's Vader,
There's Chewie, there's Leia,
There's Dexter Jettster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX3sI0q5iMI

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I went to a theater with a bar and got a little trashed so I don't remember the smaller details of it, but the booze was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Roth posted:

Yeah I bought all the Toy Story movies for my son on Amazon and then literally a week later Disney put out an announcement (before Disney Plus was out) that Disney Plus would have all their movies on it included. :negative: