Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Lets talk about Final Fantasy War of the Visions, a mobile game from Gumi.

Discord Information! - https://discord.gg/z9RMV4K
Guild Information! - WarOfTheVisa
:frogsiren: This is a F2P game with lots of microtransactions. It's mostly PvE, but the arena you can expect the whales to come out in force. The most egregious thing is that your crystals (visore or whatever) has 2 levels. There's the regular level which you can buy things with, but there's also the "paid" level which you can only use on paid visore items. You can end up wasting your "paid" items on free ones if you aren't paying attention, though in 90% of the cases, the game is at least kind enough to let you know what you're about to do. :frogsiren:

What is Final Fantasy : War of the Visions?

FF:WoTV:BE is a "new" mobile game from the folks over at Gumi. As is the case with these types of games, Japan gets them first. :toot: Word on the street is that Square-Enix had some say in the design of the game, and I can see a minimal influence from them.

What Should I Expect

Microtransactions, and one of the most ridiculous UI's I've ever seen in a video game. Oh, and easily 25 different currencies. That's important too. So if you've ever played a microtransaction gacha game before, you know what to expect here.

I haven't played these type games / You aren't doing a great job selling me on this game

Well, I'm the one biting the bullet here and making a OP for this game. If I'm putting for this effort, AND I've been playing this game a ton since release, it has something going for it. It's psychologically addicting dear lord save yourselves The thing is, that when FF:WotV works, it's that perfect FFT vibe you've been wishing for, for years on years. The character models are gorgeous for a mobile game. The artwork has some cheese, but it's really pretty tasteful and good, with a few exceptions. There's no Senran Kagura level of fan service here, more along the lines of your typical "respectable" anime.

The typical game play loop is do missions, that cost NRG (ugh), collect rewards, go claim those rewards, and then fight the UI for a while to figure out where your rewards are, or how to upgrade your units.

And you will do a LOT of upgrading and UI fighting. Let's go ahead and start with the essentials.

Get used to this screen, you're gonna see it a lot.

Character Level

This one is self explantory. Your character level determines your base stats. Nothing too crazy here, until you reach the level cap at which point you stop gaining experience. The level cap for your most basic units is usually level 25 or level 30.

But Waah, why do I see dudes and dudettes running around with level 67 characters wrecking shops?

Because you can increase the level cap in multiple ways.

Awakenings

Up there in the middle there's an option for "Awakenings". Awakenings allow you to increase a single character's star limit which in turn allows you to raise the level cap for that unit. Awakenings also unlock a character's second job at the second star level, and their 3rd job at the 4th star level.

Awakenings require specific prisms based on the element of the character. So a fire character needs fire prisms, fragments of thoughts, etc. A water character needs water items instead. There are rainbow items that will fill in but you'll want to save those for special characters you really need to get levelled up as they're incredibly valuable.

Limit breaks

Limit breaks *also* allow you to raise the level cap of a unit. They also increase the maximum job level for a character. They ALSO allow you to unlock a character's second and third equipment slots. These are tied to the typical character shard system where you need 20 shards, then 40 shards, then 80 etc.

These are equally important and will be yet another roadblock in building an effective character.

Jobs

Jobs are essentially classes for each character. So you'll find your typical RPG tropes here and you'll know what to expect: fighters, thieves, mages, etc. In Lorenzo's case, he starts off as a member of the Dragoon class. You'll see yet *MORE* currencies needed and broken up into stupid level so who you'll have to increase his job levels. You'll need certain stones that are class/weapon specific, the right stones for the right job (you'll notice that the other characters have different colored stones signifying different job levels). This is a huge road block, and will be your biggest roadblock as the several of the better characters share the same classes. Plan here and don't dabble between characters while you get your initial team setup to tackle the highest level challenges.

Each battle gives you JP (Job points) which you use to level up abilities and learn new abilities.

Whew, you ready for weapons?

Weapons and Equipment

Weapons and equipment have an "awakening level" as well that's the same as above. However, your units have to become proficient at weapon use, so just shove whatever weapon you can on your guys as soon as you can get get the learning process out the way. The game will warn you that the characters will be less effective with equipment that they aren't proficient with, but there's also no telling when you'll get a normal weapon drop for your character in question soooooo...

You can set up "favored" equipment which I highly recommend to make sure you can have charaters be quickly equipped when you make several different teams.

Yeah, there's crafting, and it uses yet ANOTHER set of currency and items to create and upgrade equipment.

Adamantium is used to increase weapon stats.

Espers

Because we're literally pulling from every possible final fantasy lore to make sure fans are hooked, there's espers in this game. They're essentially your summons, which you eventually gain the ability to use after punching dudes a lot in battle.

They have really cool FMVs that you'll watch a few times and skip in true Final Fantasy fashion.

Did you figure out that they have their own virtual currency to keep track of too? They use magicite to level up. They slowly gain SP via levels and usage (i think). Oh, and you'd better have the right elemental :suicide:.

Not all espers get the cool FMV. You have a few random monsters in there who just buff you and can be summoned, but you'll figure that out. Espers can be awakened with super high level equipment but unless you're whaling it up you aren't doing those anytime soon. It's also possible that you know what you're doing and you've plotted the optimal path to doing post game equipment in which case why are you even reading my words?

But we're not done yet. Nowhere near.

Vision Cards

Same deal here. These guys use experience eggs. They give your party as a whole certain buffs and debuffs, as well as individual stat boosts as shown.

Yes you can awaken them, yes, they require something incredibly specific.

Chocobos????!?!?!?

There's chocobo expeditions that again, are here only so that they can borrow from FF lore. There's nothing the chocobos do other than show up on the screen. Basically you send your characters on expeditions to come back with rare equipment. Yes you have to choose which element you want them to go after.

You start with 3 slots unlocked. I *highly* recommend that you bite bullet and spend the 1500-1750 crystals it takes to unlock all 5 slots as soon as possible. A character can be on expedition and still be in your active parties. There's no penalty for being on a chocobo expedition, and the characters actively gain experience on the expedition. This a great way to get extra XP on your mains, or bring your scrub teams up to par.

Of all the ways the game is mean to you, this one is actively the least punitive.

Shops

There are about fifty-eleven shops in this drat game. Half use crystals and gil. The other half use even specific currencies as seen here.

Battles

The Farplane as shown here (told you they're milking every possible lore tie in) is where you'll pick between your event battles and grinding battles for elemental materials, gil, experience cubes, etc.

Story battles are in their own tab, and you should try to grind through as soon as possible as they give a ton of rewards and crystals for not a lot of work.

"World" quests are where you'll have your battles that allow you to grind for character specific shards for limit breaks (remember those from like forever ago?}

The actual battles are a choatic mess, but in a good way.

Once you have your group set up, note the equipment slots loaded up, espers, etc send them to smash mans.

There is a lot you can do if you actually take the time to plan out chains, elemental chains, weakness exploitation, buffs/debuffs, etc. The game does not disappoint here, but you'll probably do auto battle in 90% of the battles because the AI is decent enough and you're just trying to level up to get to the post game anyways.

There are multi battles where you essentially do elemental item battles with other actual players. Do these early on and when you run out of stamina For the first say 20 people you do a multi quest with, you get a significant amount of crystals. If nothing else, only the host loses out on stamina, so you can freeload to your hearts content as long as you are willing to deal with pubbies.

Tips and Tricks

As is usual in these games, finding a few high level characters to let you borrow their characters as guest characters is key. Even more so because it's free if that person is your "friend" in game. If you are new, and need a bit of assistance with some free characters, i'll boot some of the pubbies to add you.

Gil is the single most important currency, and don't let the fact that you start off with a good amount of it make you think it's not important. You'll use it for everything, it becomes hard to get enough of, and you'll always want a sizeable chunk on hand to buy rare materials needed to perform awakenings and raise job levels on the few times these items show up in the general store.

Save your auto tickets as much as you can. You will need to grind through like 20 battles to get that one Lancer thought that you need to jump to job level 6/9/12 or whatever, and that's when you'll wish you didn't waste all your tickets.

Be mindful of what characters you are promoting from both a elemental stand point and shared jobs. I've changed my main party a couple times as I realize how hard the high end materials end up becoming to find.

Ultra rares are good, but you'll want a decent stable of Mega Rares and Super Rares on standby for when you can't get enough shards to keep your ultra rares leveling. I mean you could always :shepspends: but yeah.

The level recommendations are garbage in this game. Take a shot at higher levels than you think, and if you've spent time increasing JP, fitting out your characters, and kept a fairly consistent team, you'll find you can beat those challenges.

Find a team you like and stick with them barring pulling a character you *REALLY* want to add to the active party. Characters develop affinity bonds which like in Fire Emblem increase their stats. You can end up with a team vastly outperforming their levels by having high affinity.

Do your best to get a team able to beat the highest level gil event as soon as possible. You need gil badly, always.

You can watch lots of ads for other mobile games that have threads on this forum for free gil. Your call on if you want to sell your eyeballs and data for free stuff.
Making sure you don't have a blank hero for friends to borrow

Go to Formations on the home screen.

Then go to companion settings on the formation screen.

Set up at the bare minimum your "all" hero.

You don't want have someone accept your friend request only to give them this garbage of an unspecced out Mont.

waah fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 1, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Reserved for tips from people smarter than me and expansion updates

BabyRyoga posted:

Right now is a good time for rerolling as there is a free 10-pull available. Here is the process (on android):

1. Install the game
2. Play through the two tutorial battles
3. Do your tutorial 10x summon (Pull 1). This pull has the least chance of yielding a UR unit as there are fixed drops in it, but you still can get lucky.
4. Auto battle through story mission 1.
5. Click through the tutorial that tells you how to use EXP cubes, level your job, and strengthen abilities.
6. Collect daily login bonuses and open gifts.
7. Do the free 10x summon (Pull 2).
8. Use your free currency from the gifts to do step 1 and step 2 of the step up summon (Pull 3. Pull 4).
9. Complete the first Beginner Quest for 100 visore.
10. Go to missions and collect all your pending rewards.
11. You should have exactly 2000 visore to complete step up summon 3 (Pull 5, guaranteed UR).

If you don't get the units you want, you can uninstall the game and start from the top. It takes about 20 minutes to complete the full 5x pulls.

I would recommend resetting until you get 3 -5 URs, or however long you can tolerate it. You won't be able to do this forever, so it's good to do it while you get 5 free pulls. After you've decided to keep your account, you can get another 10x pull by completing all the Beginner Quests, and a 10x rare summon ticket which is basically another pull from either the shop or the Beginner area, I forgot which.

Here are the units you want:

Best UR Units:
Gilgamesh - Best unit in game at launch, but hard to power up due to having higher costs. If you are F2P you should consider skipping him, and you should DEFINITELY not take both him and Medi since they share ice element and your resources will be too thin.
Mediena - Best Magic DPS in game several months in. Ice element
Engelbert - Best Tank. Light element.
Ayaka - Best Healer. Wind element.

Decent UR Units:
Sterne - Dark Slash DPS.
Xiza - Dark Monk/Thief, has Steal time which is useful for raids.

MR Units
Mont - a budget version of Engelbert, easy to max out. Earth element.
Y'shtola - a budget version of Mediena in the fire element, easy to max out *Warning* if you want to max her out, you must do so while the FFXIV collab event is taking place over the next ~2 weeks
Fina - A unit that you can use to permanently raise Faith on your other units by leveling her cheer to 10. Not too good as a party member, but you'll want to do this at some point either by having your own Fina or using one from a friend in-game.

Future Top UR Units:
Orlandu - Highest utility DPS in the JP ver currently from when he comes in for several months onwards. Lightning element.
Lucia - Best physical ranged DPS in the JP ver currently. Wind Element.
Warrior of Light- A future replacement tank/utility unit over Engelbert. Light Element.

If you are intending to save for a limited character like Orlandu, try to save 60k visiore for when his banner comes along, and don't pull unless you can max him out

Future MR Units:
Gafgarian - Acceptable darkelement slash DPS. Easiest unit in the game to max out.
Saria - A caster better than Y'shtola but weaker than Mediena. Isn't completely free to max out like Y'shtola and Gaf, but easier than most units.

Other stuff to pull:
Oath of Love (MR) - Large attack buff for whole party, threat for tank.
Most cards in the game are actually really good, this one is just possibly the best one and is only MR.

Golem (UR) - Only summon that has + defense in their tree. Good for tanks.

:frogsiren: See here for how to set a secondary job. :frogsiren:

waah fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 31, 2020

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Reserved for goon guilds information

Guild Queue/Ads 4/12/2020

None - This could be you

waah fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 13, 2020

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

This is a terrible, confusing, mess of a game that also has fun combat and that I'm playing a lot of at work because it scratches a very particular itch I have for turn-based tactics. I don't know what I'm doing in this game but I'm sure spending plenty of time at work doing it.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
This game is the most janky p2w piece of poo poo I've played in the past 5 years. I am loving it though, what is wrong with me?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mugaaz posted:

This game is the most janky p2w piece of poo poo I've played in the past 5 years. I am loving it though, what is wrong with me?

:same:

It does feel like FFT and I like that.

The music, voice work, and sounds are great.

The "story" is hot garbage.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

:same:

It does feel like FFT and I like that.

The music, voice work, and sounds are great.

The "story" is hot garbage.

The story felt like it almost had potential until the end of chapter 2. After that it was straight fire. Sorry, I mean dumpster fire.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Please mention this game separates free and paid lapis so that people are informed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Peachfart posted:

Please mention this game separates free and paid lapis so that people are informed.

Yeah this is a good point too.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Peachfart posted:

F2P get out.

Just my 2c, but if you're F2P this is a big skip. You don't have to be a whale, but there is a huge difference between F2P and casual spenders.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What people need to understand is that this is a hero collector like Star wars Galaxy of heroes or Marvel Strike force. You can get a hero relatively easy but to get the full potential you're looking at 2-3 months of collecting shards.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Right now is a good time for rerolling as there is a free 10-pull available. Here is the process (on android):

1. Install the game
3. Do your tutorial 10x summon (Pull 1). This pull has the least chance of yielding a UR unit as there are fixed drops in it, but you still can get lucky.
5. Click through the tutorial that tells you how to use EXP cubes, level your job, and strengthen abilities.
8. Use your free currency from the gifts to do step 1 and step 2 of the step up summon (Pull 3. Pull 4).
11. You should have exactly 2000 visore to complete step up summon 3 (Pull 5, guaranteed UR).

If you don't get the units you want, you can uninstall the game and start from the top. It takes about 20 minutes to complete the full 5x pulls.

I would recommend resetting until you get 3 -5 URs, or however long you can tolerate it. You won't be able to do this forever, so it's good to do it while you get 5 free pulls. After you've decided to keep your account, you can get another 10x pull by completing all the Beginner Quests, and a 10x rare summon ticket which is basically another pull from either the shop or the Beginner area, I forgot which.

Best UR Units:
Gilgamesh - Best unit in game at launch, but hard to power up due to having higher costs. If you are F2P you should consider skipping him, and you should DEFINITELY not take both him and Medi since they share ice element and your resources will be too thin.

Decent UR Units:
Sterne - Dark Slash DPS.

MR Units
Y'shtola - a budget version of Mediena in the fire element, easy to max out *Warning* if you want to max her out, you must do so while the FFXIV collab event is taking place over the next ~2 weeks
Fina - A unit that you can use to permanently raise Faith on your other units by leveling her cheer to 10. Not too good as a party member, but you'll want to do this at some point either by having your own Fina or using one from a friend in-game.

Future Top UR Units:
Orlandu - Highest utility DPS in the JP ver currently from when he comes in for several months onwards. Lightning element.
Warrior of Light- A future replacement tank/utility unit over Engelbert. Light Element.

If you are intending to save for a limited character like Orlandu, try to save 60k visiore for when his banner comes along, and don't pull unless you can max him out

Future MR Units:
Gafgarian - Acceptable darkelement slash DPS. Easiest unit in the game to max out.
Saria - A caster better than Y'shtola but weaker than Mediena. Isn't completely free to max out like Y'shtola and Gaf, but easier than most units.

Other stuff to pull:
Most cards in the game are actually really good, this one is just possibly the best one and is only MR.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 31, 2020

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I have been playing this along with my brother. It is P2W at it's peak but I am still enjoying it as a F2P.

I even made my own lovely little guild and have been lucky on my pulls. Got the king, that healer from BE, and the king's douche of a son.

Play it if you love FFT, avoid it if you are not a gan or a spergy grinder like I am.

Also hope you guys are all doing well during the pandemic.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

1. Install the game

Best UR Units:

Decent UR Units:
Sterne - Dark Slash DPS.

MR Units

Future Top UR Units:

Future MR Units:

Other stuff to pull:

Agree with most, but I would change some stuff:

Best UR Units:
Sterne - Dark Slash DPS. Best melee DPS in launch. There are tons of better DPS coming later, but there will be many portions of PvE and PvP content that buff both Dark and Slash units, which means he stays useful. Even though some melee release later that are better, they're not dark element, so they can't replace dark units when needed for things like elemental chaining.

Great UR unit, in 4 months:
Ayaka - Best Healer. Wind element. Healers don't serve any meaningful role in a team until we get the tower in 4 months. The only thing she does until then is troll people in the Arena. Again, great unit, won't help you at all for 4 months though.

Great UR unit, but for whales only:
Gilgamesh - All his shards cost double in the shop, and he is twice as rare as every other UR unit. This means you can max out any two UR units or him for the same cost. If you want to grind his node for shards, it will take you 600 days to max his shards. He starts off strong, then becomes absolute dogshit in the midgame. Lategame he becomes really strong again, so this is a huge trap for a lot of people.
This is for paying players only.

Decent UR Units:
Xiza - Dark Monk/Thief, has Steal time which is useful for raids. Has best TMR in the game. While both of these are good, still very hard to justify resources on her unless your spending.

Zotix posted:

What people need to understand is that this is a hero collector like Star wars Galaxy of heroes or Marvel Strike force. You can get a hero relatively easy but to get the full potential you're looking at 2-3 months of collecting shards.

I understand its a slow progression based game. It isn't 2-3 months collecting shards as F2P, like it is in SWGoH/MSF. It is TEN MONTHS. That's not a "little bit more". This game scratches my nostalgia, my itch for a tactics game, and my gambling addition. That's a hat trick for me, but I don't want to sugarcoat it for other people. The UI and graphics would have been considered bad on the Playstation 1, and the game crashes 10 times a day. This is a dumpster fire, but I love it.

Mugaaz fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 31, 2020

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Mugaaz posted:

and the game crashes 10 times a day. This is a dumpster fire, but I love it.

Yes this game crashes a lot.

I've never ever had a game or app lock my whole iPhone up to the point I couldn't even reboot but this game managed it and I have no idea how that was possible.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mugaaz posted:

F2P get out.

Just my 2c, but if you're F2P this is a big skip. You don't have to be a whale, but there is a huge difference between F2P and casual spenders.

AoJ had a video on spending in this. He basically said the same thing. It's playable as a F2P, bit even being a relatively light spender gets you a lot more in this game compared to other gachas.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I don't understand the pricing for stuff in this game, tbh. Sometimes it's like 'ok spend a couple of dollars and you can have this cool thing".

Other times its like 'here's a really bad character and some power-up materials, only $79.95'. Is that how gachas typically are?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

I don't understand the pricing for stuff in this game, tbh. Sometimes it's like 'ok spend a couple of dollars and you can have this cool thing".

Other times its like 'here's a really bad character and some power-up materials, only $79.95'. Is that how gachas typically are?

Yes, some people will buy stuff that is a good deal. Some people will just buy everything period.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

So the comparisons to Galaxy of Heroes feel fair but not entirely.

Galaxy of Heroes never had any real strategy to it. What you could and couldn't do was limited to a very small window and unless you were going super corner case or whaling to extreme levels there wasn't any thing you could really do when you got dealt a bad hand.

With that said, the amount of potential microtransactions in WotV makes Galaxy of Heroes lower it's head in shame.

If you don't mind spending say $5-$10 on final fantasy every month or so, then I think you'll be fine to enjoy the game. If you are obsessive, get out your loving wallets.

I'll make suggested changes to the OP tomorrow.

Also you fuckers are gonna make me start up the goon guild aren't you.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

waah posted:

So the comparisons to Galaxy of Heroes feel fair but not entirely.

Galaxy of Heroes never had any real strategy to it. What you could and couldn't do was limited to a very small window and unless you were going super corner case or whaling to extreme levels there wasn't any thing you could really do when you got dealt a bad hand.

With that said, the amount of potential microtransactions in WotV makes Galaxy of Heroes lower it's head in shame.

If you don't mind spending say $5-$10 on final fantasy every month or so, then I think you'll be fine to enjoy the game. If you are obsessive, get out your loving wallets.

I'll make suggested changes to the OP tomorrow.

Start up a Discord too.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

waah posted:

Yes we are.

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.
You wrote the op, it's the logical next step.

Given that the game seems like it's mostly PvE content I feel okay not minmax rerolling at the start.

Why am I diving into another one of these after a year and a half of marvel strike force loving kill me

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Fine, I started the cooldown so that I can make our own guild but someone better come up with a good name.

Problem is that it's gotta be pretty short. 12 characters max.

And I refuse to start a discord. I hate using discord as is. No way I'm gonna start using it for ye olde English FFT F2P

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

FYI

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

I created the Discord, you don't need to join, but add it to the OP please.

https://discord.gg/z9RMV4K

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Guild name ideas:
1. WalletWarrior (13 characters)
2. WarOfTheVisa (12 characters)

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

waah posted:

The artwork has some cheese, but it's really pretty tasteful and good, with a few exceptions. There's no Senran Kagura level of fan service here, more along the lines of your typical "respectable" anime.

lol, good joke

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The AI plays so badly in the arena (for your characters only, seemingly) that I was half convinced for a while in playing the JP version that the arena intentionally tanks your team unless you have spent a certain amount of money on the game.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mugaaz posted:

There it is.

I joined the Discord to leach everyone's strategies.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jabro posted:

There it is.

I joined the Discord to leach everyone's strategies.

Strat 1. Spend money.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
FYI: on my iPad I can skip some/most of the video ads. There are some that were pure videos and I can just slide the modal window down. The ones advertising an app/game with a countdown timer though are unskippable.

-

Are there any must buys in any of the time limited shops? Things like the gil purchasable items in the beginners shop or the release commendation shop etc.

Is there an online database somewhere? Would love to see/plan ability enhancements and stuff with more info. Or better yet, is it even possible to see what upgrades do? Enhancing an ability tells me it “raises damage” but it doesn’t tell me by how much or tell me that before I upgrade. Same deal with equipment etc.

I’m maxing out Excalibur since it’s the only UR weapon I have. Should I spend any resources on upgrading the non-named crafted stuff?

How do I get Mont to stop using stone throw? Like Jesus Christ he’s more than useless because he insists on throwing rocks.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I'm still rolling. But I cant help to wonder, did it really never occur to them when they were testing the tutorial that "Hey, in this part, the tutorial has you press back 10 times, maybe we have too many menus?"

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Boris Galerkin posted:

FYI: on my iPad I can skip some/most of the video ads. There are some that were pure videos and I can just slide the modal window down. The ones advertising an app/game with a countdown timer though are unskippable.

-

Are there any must buys in any of the time limited shops? Things like the gil purchasable items in the beginners shop or the release commendation shop etc.

Always buy the rainbow fragments and orbs when they are selling for gold (they usually sell for 1 million each in limited quantities of either 1 or 3) or event currency (usually 3000 or 5000). They are very finite in number and you usually have to spend paid visiore to get them otherwise.

Also, sometimes you can buy chests, and they tend to have the rainbow fragments and orbs inside.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Rerolled Mediena and Engelbert and foolishly am continuing to play despite the plethora of gacha red flags

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Thinking posted:

Rerolled Mediena and Engelbert and foolishly am continuing to play despite the plethora of gacha red flags

You aren't even kidding.

All it's missing is in-game trading and a "top monthly buyer" leaderboard.

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 31, 2020

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Mugaaz posted:

:perfect:

BabyRyoga posted:

The AI plays so badly in the arena (for your characters only, seemingly) that I was half convinced for a while in playing the JP version that the arena intentionally tanks your team unless you have spent a certain amount of money on the game.

Look how many times do you think you can cast Baraero when fighting 3 dudes with spears before it becomes effective?

YES bread posted:

lol, good joke

I wrote the OP before Mediena flashed me like 20 times in a 30 minute period running a bunch of multis.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Man I know it’s to get the whales to spend spend spend but if there ever was a gacha that is actively hurt by a stamina system it’s this one. The grind is heavy.

It’s fun and pretty and new but I’m not sure how long it’ll have its hooks in me. SO MANY MENUS.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

I added a section at the end of the OP about how to make sure you have a useful hero for your friends to borrow instead of a naked Mont. If you have never done this, read it so that you can do it.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If they want to shoot this game up the most money spent lists then they should add a home button unlock to the shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

If you're gonna spend the best bet is buying the 3 weekly xp potion packs(one each day) for the daily purchase bonus. Then fill the other days with $1 energy packs if you can. Then use the paid visore you collected to buy the story awakening packs. imo