Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Zotix posted:

If you're gonna spend the best bet is buying the 3 weekly xp potion packs(one each day) for the daily purchase bonus. Then fill the other days with $1 energy packs if you can. Then use the paid visore you collected to buy the story awakening packs. imo

I agree, as far as normal recurring purchases go, the 3x weekly energy pack + 2 daily energy pack to fill the weekly visiore purchase is the best. I've seen some people talk up the weekly energy + gil snapper bundle, but I don't get it. It costs 3x the amount and you can get A LOT more than 20 gold snappers with just the energy pots already, that bundle is poo poo. If you want to whale harder, there is a pack with 3 rainbow fragments for ~$40. Obviously that is expensive, but those rainbow fragments are a huge roadblock and unfarmable.

For one time purchases, the limited red/gold visiore bundles with 100% free are the best.

For spending paid visiore, the story mission packs are the best purchase. Also, the 60 visior purchases in the beginner shop for the 10 pull and the daily one for the rainbow sphere + fragment/prism select tickets is best.

I don't think the paid UR guaranteed banners are quite worth it. There are much better paid only banner that showed up in JP. Like a 4x guaranteed UR banner, paid banners with a pool of only 1-3 guaranteed units, or the paid step up for guaranteed Ramza. Paid visiore is worth a lot more than normal visiore and needs a completely separate metric to be measured.

Mugaaz fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Setting a secondary job

So your mage is not also a time mage. Or your warrior is not an archer. Or whatever the random rear end pairing is. Did you set your character so they can use the abilities you used your hard earned JP on?

Go to the character screen and hit abilities.

End up at this screen which should be fairly familiar to you if you've played at all.

Click on ability set.

There's a good chance you've never tinkered with this screen since the game will automatically assign new abilities to you if you have vacant spots.

HOWEVER, when you acquire a new job, it does nothing. So ol Margritte here could be something else, but she's a double time mage. All of the JP I've we've spent on her having black mage skills is useless without assigning them to her. Tap on the sub command and...

Set her as a black mage. Now she has access to abilities some abilities from both classes.

I'll be adding this link to the OP.

cams posted:

to be clear, you always have access to your primary class skills, right? so once you have a second job, there's no reason to ever have the first job equipped on that screen?

SereneCrimson posted:

Incorrect, I thought that at first, and was confused when I lost abilities.
Some abilities are tied specifically to the job when set as a sub-job, and some are tied to the character themselves..
For example, Ayaka is a white mage, she will always have Cure and Esuna available, you can unlock stuff like Protect and Shell in the White Mage sub-job, but say you switch her sub-job to Time Mage, she will lose access to those spells.
When you go into the screen where you change jobs, long press on the job/sub-job to see what abilities they can use. It’s annoying, since there are usually good skills in all 3 sub-jobs, but you can’t use them all at the same time.

waah fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 31, 2020

cams
Mar 28, 2003

to be clear, you always have access to your primary class skills, right? so once you have a second job, there's no reason to ever have the first job equipped on that screen?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!

cams posted:

Incorrect, I thought that at first, and was confused when I lost abilities.
Some abilities are tied specifically to the job when set as a sub-job, and some are tied to the character themselves..
For example, Ayaka is a white mage, she will always have Cure and Esuna available, you can unlock stuff like Protect and Shell in the White Mage sub-job, but say you switch her sub-job to Time Mage, she will lose access to those spells.
When you go into the screen where you change jobs, long press on the job/sub-job to see what abilities they can use. It’s annoying, since there are usually good skills in all 3 sub-jobs, but you can’t use them all at the same time.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

cams posted:

No. Long press a sub job to see what skills are tied to it. Like the rest of the game, the UI for this is absolute dog poo poo.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Anyone have a Fina with level 10+ cheer and or level 74/79 character? Post your friend code

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

So I pulled Thancred with the shop tickets, which in any other gacha would be cause for riotous celebration and bragging. But as far as I can tell, I have only until the end of this event to buy all his shards before they go away forever, the only weapon he can use even in jp today also shares the currency from the same store, the costs for the shards had been increased for global like gilgamesh and if I don't get enough shards I can never fully level him up. Am I missing anything?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Thinking posted:

So I pulled Thancred with the shop tickets, which in any other gacha would be cause for riotous celebration and bragging. But as far as I can tell, I have only until the end of this event to buy all his shards before they go away forever, the only weapon he can use even in jp today also shares the currency from the same store, the costs for the shards had been increased for global like gilgamesh and if I don't get enough shards I can never fully level him up. Am I missing anything?

Yeah, don't bother with him. The increased cost for shards makes a character that isn't really worth it even less worth it. If all future limited characters are like that, the game will be near impossible for non-whales.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Do build up Y'shtola though.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

Anyone have a Fina with level 10+ cheer and or level 74/79 character? Post your friend code

I do, but good friends are so powerful and friend slots are so limited in this game. Are you 50+?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mugaaz posted:

I do, but good friends are so powerful and friend slots are so limited in this game. Are you 50+?

I started a few days late, my chars are in the 40-42 range right now, I should have at least one character in the 50-60 range in the next few days. Probably Sterne or Y'shtola.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is the guild WaroftheVisa? I can't find it on my alt account.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Zotix posted:

Is the guild WaroftheVisa? I can't find it on my alt account.

I'm still on cooldown from leaving a crappy guild to meet the requirements for challenge. Around 10 PM tonight cooldown should be over and I'll have the guild up. If nothing else, i'll post about it on here.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

waah posted:

I'm still on cooldown from leaving a crappy guild to meet the requirements for challenge. Around 10 PM tonight cooldown should be over and I'll have the guild up. If nothing else, i'll post about it on here.

Sounds good. I'll join it on my alt then.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

lol wow you hit the progress wall FAST in this game

so insanely thirsty for something resembling fft, but the fact that so little of what you need to advance is grindable is a massive bummer for me. played for about a week and i'm already at the point where there isn't much i can to improve, even with stamina pots, beyond logging tomorrow and knocking out dailies.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

cams posted:

so insanely thirsty for something resembling fft, but the fact that so little of what you need to advance is grindable is a massive bummer for me. played for about a week and i'm already at the point where there isn't much i can to improve, even with stamina pots, beyond logging tomorrow and knocking out dailies.

You can grind the PVP and multiplayer quests endlessly. The only multiplayer quests that are really active right now is farming awakening materials (you should do level 1 and level 3 until you have 50 of the elemental mats for each of the units you are using right now), but usually there are gear and event quests to grind.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

cams posted:

You can grind prisms and fragments in the ff14 event exchange everyday. There are are 3 rainbow fragments for sale total. That is everything you need to work on, at least for 1 character.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

BabyRyoga posted:

You can grind the PVP and multiplayer quests endlessly. The only multiplayer quests that are really active right now is farming awakening materials (you should do level 1 and level 3 until you have 50 of the elemental mats for each of the units you are using right now), but usually there are gear and event quests to grind.
hm, maybe i don't understand the gear grind, i'll have to do some research. i am in a position where i thought grinding for xp/jp and (seemingly insanely low drop rate) job upgrade mats from story quests were all i could really do. i wanted to try and wait another weekish before i started grinding the event so i could do a higher level of ex for better value, but maybe i'll do that for a change of pace.

i've been doing the awakening mat multiplayer stuff but only did the manual pvp battle twice, are the rewards for the latter good?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

cams posted:

hm, maybe i don't understand the gear grind, i'll have to do some research. i am in a position where i thought grinding for xp/jp and (seemingly insanely low drop rate) job upgrade mats from story quests were all i could really do. i wanted to try and wait another weekish before i started grinding the event so i could do a higher level of ex for better value, but maybe i'll do that for a change of pace.

i've been doing the awakening mat multiplayer stuff but only did the manual pvp battle twice, are the rewards for the latter good?

The gear grind stuff isn't active yet. Usually when there is an event (like the FF14 event going on right now) there are multiplayer versions of the quests you can do to grind the event currency, but in the case of the FF14 one, there is only the single-player ones. When the raid comes along next week, you might be able to grind stones infinitely from that in the multiplayer. I didn't partake in the raids until later on the JP ver so I don't know how the very first one was run. There will also be multiplayer awakening materials quests that rotate in and out.

The PVP rewards are mainly crafting and weapon/armor upgrade stuff. Always good to have.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Rerolled about 6 or 7 times, and ended up with Mediena and Sterne (and also Ramada). Guess I'm keeping this one.

Time to grind up to at least 10 so I can join the Guild.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

There is no point doing anything with gear at this point. If you're an extreme poop socker, you can buy 73 copies of the lionheart recipe from the ff14 mog exchange, but I don't see any reason to craft anything until much later when they remove the RNG type bullshit.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

War of the Visa is live ladies and gents. Flood me with your applications.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

How many loving quests are in the Beginner's Hall? gently caress!

Edit: 14.

Kheldarn fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 1, 2020

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Just sent a request for the guild. Username is Grant’s Tomb. Do we get Gil for being in a guild? I need some loving Gil.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Just sent a request for the guild. Username is Grant’s Tomb. Do we get Gil for being in a guild? I need some loving Gil.

Grind non stop for Gil on the weekends so that you have enough to spend during the week?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Sent in my request for the guild, rantmo there as here.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

To all my fellow whales. Remember this is a Gumi game, which means you can purchase premium currency via Amazon coins giving you a 10-20% discount on purchase prices. You'll need to sync your account to facebook, uninstall the app, install amazon appstore, then install WotV through the amazon appstore, then login through FB. You'll keep all your free currency when you switch, but your prior paid google/apple currency will only be available when logged into that version of the game.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

waah posted:

War of the Visa is live ladies and gents. Flood me with your applications.

Request sent. IGN is Kheldarn, same as here.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I'll be applying soon to WoTV.

Edit ok well poo poo I'll have to apply tomorrow. Cool downs are dumbo.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I app'd to the guild on my second account. ig is Zotics

Zotix fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Apr 1, 2020

Nargiddley
Jul 30, 2006

Just applied to the guild as NargSA

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Applied to the guild as Thinking

I have a bunch of URs now that I expect I'll never fully use if I'm not spending money

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Applied to the guild as FlimfSA.

Thanks for making it!

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
Applied to the guild as Accolade.

Fair warning, I am terrible at this.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Still rolling everyday, will apply once I'm in and situated. Though maybe it's not meant to be.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Applied under Weszor.

Please enjoy my strong lancer lady

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Are any of you flex? That's the only one I haven't done.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Do I have to unlock max provisions again if I leave my guild and join yours? Joined a random guild before this thread just to get the benefits.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Should we all kick pubbies to friend each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Should we all kick pubbies to friend each other?

Friend Code Spreadsheet. That's what the OP is missing.