Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Whoops. I haven't checked the thread lately, but my solo Mont should be changed around to my bruisers for the next round.

Time to see how my girl Aileen handles in real battle :getin:

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Apr 17, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

I know it's been discussed a few times, but I want to be sure: it's generally expected to use visiore to buy shards, like Engelbert's in the featured shop, right? So the strategy is basically spend visiore to roll gacha until you get the character you want, and then use visiore to buy up their shards from the shop? I'm starting to hit a wall leveling, and I'm getting tempted to spend visiore to get shards to keep my units leveling.

Robotic Accolade
Jul 23, 2007

EDF! EDF! EDF!
(fair warning: I am terrible at this and all games)

While you don't strictly speaking have to spend visiore on character shards for most characters, it's probably a good idea to do so at least for one or two characters you are focus leveling. You can accumulate shards from hard quests, but you're talking 2 shards a day which means you can max out a character in... a little under a year I guess? It's unclear how fast the meta will progress in this game (while FFBE has a ridiculous power curve with characters falling by the wayside weeks after release, WOTV has a much higher focus on character development), but you probably want to get your strongest characters maxed out faster than that. And even if your rolls are all glorious ones, pulling new characters that max out at level 35 won't be nearly as impressive as pushing one bruiser up to 99.

Notably, you don't have any long term options to get shards for limited characters (such as the upcoming FFT banner). If you want to max out a limited character, you're looking at around 30000 visiore to get their shards AFTER pulling them (and if I recall correctly, these purchases are mostly 1 a day deals so you need to get your rolls and prep work all done on day one of the banner) according to Discord chat. So while buying shards is definitely good, you probably want to focus your fire on a couple units at a time while building a nest egg for future needs.

Or, you know, you could just keep funneling money into Gumi until they're satisfied and give you everything you want, and good luck with THAT.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
The term whale does not exclusively refer to waist size.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Robotic Accolade posted:

(fair warning: I am terrible at this and all games)

While you don't strictly speaking have to spend visiore on character shards for most characters, it's probably a good idea to do so at least for one or two characters you are focus leveling. You can accumulate shards from hard quests, but you're talking 2 shards a day which means you can max out a character in... a little under a year I guess? It's unclear how fast the meta will progress in this game (while FFBE has a ridiculous power curve with characters falling by the wayside weeks after release, WOTV has a much higher focus on character development), but you probably want to get your strongest characters maxed out faster than that. And even if your rolls are all glorious ones, pulling new characters that max out at level 35 won't be nearly as impressive as pushing one bruiser up to 99.

Notably, you don't have any long term options to get shards for limited characters (such as the upcoming FFT banner). If you want to max out a limited character, you're looking at around 30000 visiore to get their shards AFTER pulling them (and if I recall correctly, these purchases are mostly 1 a day deals so you need to get your rolls and prep work all done on day one of the banner) according to Discord chat. So while buying shards is definitely good, you probably want to focus your fire on a couple units at a time while building a nest egg for future needs.

Or, you know, you could just keep funneling money into Gumi until they're satisfied and give you everything you want, and good luck with THAT.

Assuming they don't make future time-limited shards cost double in GL, the price to max time-limited and general-pool chars is the same. Actually, time-limited characters are slightly cheaper because they typically give you around 80-100 of their shards for free during the event. The problem is needing all of that visiore at once, and needing to refresh the shop up to 100/200 visiore every day, and get at least 2-3 whimsy shops.

Regardless of F2P or not, you're going to want to keep up with the difficulty progression of events and MP events to the point you don't miss out on rainbow fragments / orbs, elemental prisms/fragments that are locked behind event content. As long as you can keep up with that curve, you are doing fine. You want one super-focus character for MP so that you don't get kicked from rooms, preferably some sort of good auto AI damage dealer.

I don't think we can guess what the shelf life of a meta unit is in this game yet, but it is at least 4 months for a top-tier meta unit before they become a slightly below top-tier unit.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Usually I would hate the practice of having to use money to get what you want because...Gumi.

I enjoy the gameplay so much I don't mind the slow crawl to leveling. I hit the wall this morning sonow it is just a wsiting game for me.

Please don't let me freak out and reroll when I fail miserable at the FFT banner.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

JP is getting the FFT return banner with some new additions. This is their patch for this week.

> A rough translation of JP server most recent announcement!
>
> 4/22 Maintenance in JP Server:
> FFtactics collaboration part 2
>
> New characters:
> Delita, Agrias, Mustadio
>
> Recurring character:
> Ramza, Orlandeau, Gaffgarion
>
> --------------------
> 1.5.0 Update
>
> Ability:
> - Specific ability ON/OFF setting in auto battle.
>
> - Additional Auto battle setting in quest:
> 1. you can now set target item number and the game will auto play until you get that amount.
> 2. Auto AP Potion, you can make the game auto refill your AP potion (NRG in global). They will add a function to turn this option on/off (The game will automatically prioritize Large AP Potion --> Medium AP Potion --> Small AP Potion in that order).
>
> Guild Battle:
> UI Change on header
>
> Function adjustment:
> Guidance skip function is now available.
>
> Option:
> Low battery mode added in setting for auto quests.
>
> Other adjustment:
> - Auto equip function will be implemented. You can choose specifically, for example, only auto equiping vision card / summon, etc.
>
> - There will be a new button after finishing a quest on top right of your screen. This button will move you to previous page (selecting quest stage page, etc)
>
> - The game will now show unit Defense and Magic Defense number.
>
> - Guild battle and Arena skip button will be shown available on screen.
>
> - You can now sort by "maximum level"

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Reddit says Jp is getting a new fft banner, with new units. I’m Not sure if it includes the opportunity to work on units from the first banner, which if we get tomorrow I’ll be sad as I won’t be able to play much this week :cry:
Edit: ^well that clears it up

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm sure orlandeu tickets and such will be available but everything will be diluted just a bit more.

I'm curious if orlandeu will still be the prize.

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

I'm pretty interested in that new FFT banner. I don't know if that makes me more or less likely to roll on the upcoming one, though.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

We got spots in WarOfTheVisa if you guys want in. I'd prefer not to steal members from Goon squad until the numbers die enough that consolidation seems like a better option.

So if you somehow don't already have a guild, post/message/put something in your bio so I know when you apply.

If you just really need to switch to the wallet warrior guild, I mean I won't turn you away.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Took about ten pulls, but time to roll, lads :getin:

mctesticle
Sep 28, 2004
Applied to Warofthevisa as Kweh?

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I was pretty unamused that they split Ramza and Orlandu into separate banners, but I got Thunder Dad after two pulls anyway (and Ramza's Card), so I'm happy. With 35k left, I wonder if I will need to dump every single gem into getting shards, or if I will be able to pull for Ramza a bit. Maybe the free rolls will come through for me.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Called it, dumped most of the 38k I saved up into Orlando banner and didn't get him so I am OUT of this garbage game. I did end up with a Ramza and the vision card and a sterne dupe but gently caress it, I have nothing left to spend upgrading Ramza anyway so lol. Using one currency to summon and ALSO needing that currency to buy upgrades for the units you summon is a loving predatory as hell design. I knew from playing FFBE before that this was gonna be crap but I'm sad to be proven right because I was kinda having fun with it.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Pull 1:

Pull 2:

Scoss posted:

I was pretty unamused that they split Ramza and Orlandu into separate banners, but I got Thunder Dad after two pulls anyway (and Ramza's Card), so I'm happy. With 35k left, I wonder if I will need to dump every single gem into getting shards, or if I will be able to pull for Ramza a bit. Maybe the free rolls will come through for me.

This was the case in JP as well, and honestly its good. They're both rate up on their banner, instead of splitting the rate up among both. The paid package for Ramza is as good or better than what JP got. Our shards weren't made double cost for Orlandu. I thin Gumi did this alright.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

mctesticle posted:

Applied to Warofthevisa as Kweh?

You are in.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Indecisive posted:

Called it, dumped most of the 38k I saved up into Orlando banner and didn't get him so I am OUT of this garbage game. I did end up with a Ramza and the vision card and a sterne dupe but gently caress it, I have nothing left to spend upgrading Ramza anyway so lol. Using one currency to summon and ALSO needing that currency to buy upgrades for the units you summon is a loving predatory as hell design. I knew from playing FFBE before that this was gonna be crap but I'm sad to be proven right because I was kinda having fun with it.

You pulling all of your currency chasing a unit just because, and not leaving any currency left over to upgrade it was your decision.

This was my first pull.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

Indecisive posted:

I'm typically a pretty big rear end in a top hat. I get it though. It sucks balls to want a specific unit and miss. This really is a game where you need to tap out early, as there is little point in getting the unit if you can't afford the shards for them as well. Missing sucks, sorry.

This game, and all gachas, are obviously predatory. That said, I don't see anything special about currency for shards and units being the same. If anything, the model in here where you don't need to pull dupes at 0.8% is a relief.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Well I'm out. By all measures I should love this game because its basically Final Fantasy Tactics the mobile game, but the monetization and a billion granulated things that need upgrading has driven me away. I can't keep up with my other mobile games and my life and play this game.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Got Orlandeau in 7 ten rolls, leaving me with a good 22K leftover. So should I immediately use 6K Visiore and buy those 120 shards of his? Or do I only buy shards that show up in the shop? And the best way to refresh the shop with visiore is to do so up to 3 times per day right?

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Buy the 6k worth of shards now, then purchase them through the shop updates. Depending on how far you’re willing to go with him you can buy refreshes now or wait to see how things pan out. There are also 80 in the mog shop, and we should be getting the EX quests that have 20 next week.

I got Orlandeau in 8 pulls, and picked up Ramza from the shop. I have enough visiore still to get them both to LB4. Then the thinking begins on if I’m just gonna max one or both of them out.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

HGH posted:

Got Orlandeau in 7 ten rolls, leaving me with a good 22K leftover. So should I immediately use 6K Visiore and buy those 120 shards of his? Or do I only buy shards that show up in the shop? And the best way to refresh the shop with visiore is to do so up to 3 times per day right?

Its the same price either way so that is up to you if you wanna blow the 6 now or later.

I did it now so I might not have to do as many shop refreshes.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

HGH posted:

Yes, buy those.

Refresh shop up to 100 cost. Refreshing at 100 is not wrong, but debatable. FFT event is 3 weeks in GL, and only 2 in JP. Not clear if it will be 3 weeks of rate up in the shop o not. If it is, the 100 refresh isn't wort doing.

The 2nd factor is maximizing your Whimsy shop spawning, as this is effectively another refresh. No one actually knows how this works, but as far as I can tell, best strategy is to run anything except MP until you hit a Whimsy. Wait 90m-120m, then repeat until another whimsy. Repeat that process as many times as you can stand a day.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

This is how you whale.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
So I rolled an Orlandeau on a 200 visiore pull and Ramza on a 200 - am I right in thinking the only way to max these guys Shards out is to grind the Tactics battles? (Our i guess I can whale)

Also is Gafgarion worth developing?

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

1st AD posted:

So I rolled an Orlandeau on a 200 visiore pull and Ramza on a 200 - am I right in thinking the only way to max these guys Shards out is to grind the Tactics battles? (Our i guess I can whale)

Also is Gafgarion worth developing?

This is SSS tier trolling. I should take notes.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
Got nothing, still playing though for a bit. (Not the first time I busted pulling for Orlandu in a Gumi game.)

Dr. Video Games 0112 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Apr 23, 2020

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Just logged into this game after a while to check it out and there’s a bunch of 1 time only banners with guaranteed URs related to the 1M+ downloads promotion I guess. Except, I can’t pull any of them with the free shards which is dumb as hell. I mean I get why they do it but still it’s dumb as hell.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I spent every single energy refresh possible last night, auto-repeated the boss battle in the FFT event, and when I woke up I ended up maxing out on Gafgarion Shards + got about 10k FFT event currency :stare:

Mugaaz posted:

This is SSS tier trolling. I should take notes.

I meant to say 2000 pull for Ramza, lol

If it makes you feel better, I did 10 pulls on the Fredericka banner and got nothing

Calsonic
Apr 13, 2008

Got Orlandeau in 40 pulls. Pretty stoked. And now my shop watch begins.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Mugaaz posted:

This is how you whale.

I am in awe.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Threw everything I had at the FFT.G. Cid Banner, and as I expected, I got nothing.

Did the Free 10x FFT Summon today, and I was blessed:

Also, if you play this on Android, and your device runs Android 5.0 or higher, I highly suggest using ScrCpy (instructions here) to play this. It's a LOT easier to manage on your computer screen, using your mouse. It reacts much better to clicks than to tapping with your finger.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Kheldarn posted:

Threw everything I had at the FFT.G. Cid Banner, and as I expected, I got nothing.

Did the Free 10x FFT Summon today, and I was blessed:

Also, if you play this on Android, and your device runs Android 5.0 or higher, I highly suggest using ScrCpy (instructions here) to play this. It's a LOT easier to manage on your computer screen, using your mouse. It reacts much better to clicks than to tapping with your finger.

The game's UI is totally designed for a computer interface and not touch, I with they had a PC client.

Calsonic posted:

Got Orlandeau in 40 pulls. Pretty stoked. And now my shop watch begins.

Ramza and Orlandeau shards have been showing up pretty regularly in both the normal shop and the light/lightning shops. One day there was a 10x Orlandeau available :stare:

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I used all but 2,000 vis but I landed Orlandeau and Ramza. I probably wont do a pull until Delita shows up or Auron. By then I hope to have the same luck.

Also likeca dumbass I enhanced needless units and now I am so short on rainbow fragments.

The thought of asking for google play gift cards for my birthday makes me so ashamed...but I really love this dumb game.

FML.

I should just take the president's advice and mainline some clorox.

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Aerith Gainthborough posted:

I used all but 2,000 vis but I landed Orlandeau and Ramza. I probably wont do a pull until Delita shows up or Auron. By then I hope to have the same luck.

:thunk:

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
How unlucky! Now you have to spend all that vis limit-breaking them :/

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

I consider it luck...let me have this man I need it.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

I used all but 2,000 vis but I landed Orlandeau and Ramza.

Not to dump on you, but what is the point in getting both of these guy with zero visiore left. You're just going to get them to LB0-3 and have them sit there forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flimf
Sep 3, 2006

Well you can get shards for them from the next FFT banner thats ongoing on the jp server right now, so it's not a complete loss.

I consider it luck...let me have this man I need it.

I was mostly suprised that it's Delita and Auron you are waiting for and not a certain someone else.