Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

PetraCore posted:

That's the same thing sexual predators argue.

yeah you're right! I'll be sure to mention that next time I argue with someone like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JennBB8/status/1248014499224772608

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Is that not a Trump quote?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

While you bakas were watching western movies I studied the subs

When you were wondering what Brock's doughnuts tasted like I had my nori.

Now when Parasite won four awards and you come to ME for help?

heh

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:barf:

The Discord guy, obviously. Could give a gently caress about whoever he's talking about.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zesty posted:

:barf:

The Discord guy, obviously. Could give a gently caress about whoever he's talking about.

I'm sure that's a verbatim of what he said immediately before being kicked off the server.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
This got kinda sad once I noticed that the op tweeted at Neil. I thought it was Neil just making GBS threads on some random person he found, but this was someone who was like "hey Neil, look at this cool picture my wife took!" and Neil had to be an rear end in a top hat right to his digital face.

Then I saw that he had a really weak response and then I stopped caring
https://twitter.com/RmbaileyRob/status/1247731239865458688

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/conspiraboomers/status/1248077895857254405?s=20

I'm pretty sure I'd get in trouble if I tried to give a kid flour, water, yeast and salt as separate ingredients.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/conspiraboomers/status/1248077895857254405?s=20

I'm pretty sure I'd get in trouble if I tried to give a kid flour, water, yeast and salt as separate ingredients.

You also shouldn't inject yourself with mashed potato.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

RoboRodent posted:

Ffffffuck you, maaaaan! *shakily heats instant mashed potato flakes in a spoon and shoots up with it*

Oh godddd... THE STARCH... the starch... the staaaaarchhh...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

The General posted:

I have argued with people online who have said "Minimum wage is why people get paid $7/hour. If we got rid of minimum wage, companies would pay more." :psyduck:
I know I'm late to the discussion of unfettered capitalism, but it's not like we didn't already try that? There is definitely a long and significant period of history in which the US and UK tried basically no unions, no regulations, and no government oversight. If such a thing could give us utopia, it should have by now. Instead we got some unspeakable atrocities and open slaughter. We tried it already!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Elysiume posted:

Then I saw that he had a really weak response and then I stopped caring
https://twitter.com/RmbaileyRob/status/1247731239865458688

Reads like the response of someone who was proud of something his wife did at her hobby, rather than the usual terminally online attempt at trying to bait him into a deez nuts gotcha.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

RoboRodent posted:

New thread title?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

I know I'm late to the discussion of unfettered capitalism, but it's not like we didn't already try that? There is definitely a long and significant period of history in which the US and UK tried basically no unions, no regulations, and no government oversight. If such a thing could give us utopia, it should have by now. Instead we got some unspeakable atrocities and open slaughter. We tried it already!

yeah. we tried unfettered land use regulations and it did produce $100/mo apartments, they're called flophouses and you share a room with other people and a bathroom with many other people and it sucks a whole loving lot. turns out the bottom of the market in any market economy is a miserable loving place, always has been, always will be

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Someone needs to make one of those, and tweet it at him, but make it so it's Goetse either under the twitter crop, or one of those images that enlarges into another image.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

BioEnchanted posted:

Appropriately for easter, at that angle the blotchy parts of the moon look like a rabbit holding an egg. :3:

Ah, so you've not heard the man in the moon is seen as a rabbit in China?

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.
I've never been able to see it as anything but a rabbit, so I felt very vindicated when I learned the majority of the world's population agree with me.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Samovar posted:

Ah, so you've not heard the man in the moon is seen as a rabbit in China?

it's beyond china to the rest of east asia as well. it's why you often see rabbits related to the moon in video games and anime and junk.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Peanut Butler posted:

rarely Gareth though

It's Garis in the original version.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

So they chose a lens suitable to the lighting and subject, and that’s bad?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Dr Christmas posted:

So they chose a lens suitable to the lighting and subject, and that’s bad?

According to NDT, the only acceptable post is one that’s technically correct in every fact and makes sure to clarify the complete details of any action you took to ensure scientific replicability.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Since everyone's sick of NDT can we make Pluto a planet again?

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Even with a decent zoom, getting the exposure just right for the full moon can be tricky and deserves appreciation. (unless your camera has some sort of "full moon" setting)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Stoatbringer posted:

Even with a decent zoom, getting the exposure just right for the full moon can be tricky and deserves appreciation. (unless your camera has some sort of "full moon" setting)

If you're shooting digital (which 99.999% of photos you see online are) you can adjust exposure between each shot and have at least a decent idea of how it looks and the moon doesn't move very quickly, so you can take your time adjusting that.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skwirl posted:

If you're shooting digital (which 99.999% of photos you see online are) you can adjust exposure between each shot and have at least a decent idea of how it looks and the moon doesn't move very quickly, so you can take your time adjusting that.

Well, actually the moon is moving at about 2,300 MPH

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Actually everything is moving at an unknown rate from the epicenter of the big bang so we don't know how quickly i was speeding in certain frames of reference, officer.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

grittyreboot posted:

Since everyone's sick of NDT can we make Pluto a planet again?

No it’s too small.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Scratch Monkey posted:

No it’s too small.

That's what she said (about your penis).

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

The only place I've seen anyone unironically say this about medieval life is A World Lit Only by Fire, which is one of the worst and least accurate pop history books in the world but has unfortunately colored a lot of popular medieval history "knowledge" because it ended up assigned reading in a lot of college courses. Other claims include

* Medieval peasants had no sense of time and never went much further than their home village, which could lead to them becoming hopelessly lost if they ever left town.

* The focus on religion removed the medieval man's sense of self as an individual human, causing them to frolic naked in the summer due to having no shame.

* Cannibalism was a regular occurrence, as was poverty so great that you were left naked in an empty hut any time you had a bad year from selling everything you owned.

So basically the medieval countryside was just full of roving bands of nude cannibals. It also had one point where he took a medieval joke about a peasant fainting at the smell of perfume in a city and needing to be revived by waving a shovel of dung under his nose as actual fact that he repeated.

This book makes a great gift for any history nerds in your life. It's like the Birdemic of history texts.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Magna Kaser posted:

it's beyond china to the rest of east asia as well. it's why you often see rabbits related to the moon in video games and anime and junk.

He's mixing rice cakes :buddy:

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

chitoryu12 posted:

So basically the medieval countryside was just full of roving bands of nude cannibals.
So, Burning Man?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

T-man posted:

Actually everything is moving at an unknown rate from the epicenter of the big bang so we don't know how quickly i was speeding in certain frames of reference, officer.

If NDT hasn’t used this argument to try and get out of a speeding ticket he is a fraud.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The state media needs to be MORE subservient and simpering to the government! More! More!

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/HTTP_Lovecraft/status/1248248945756663809?s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait she hates working class and well of liberals.

Who does she like?

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

She may be The Penguin. Jury's still out.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
https://www.examiner-enterprise.com/opinion/20200408/letter-freedoms-have-been-victim-in-crisis-too

ugh

Letter: Freedoms have been a victim in crisis too

UGH

quote:

What price freedom?

Here I always thought it was priceless, until more than one media outlet decided that – given the need to stop the newest flu virus – freedoms gained were only a marginal blessing, not for the good of all, and not as long-lasting as how long it takes to sacrifice true freedom in the search for a healthy, although imprisoned (by fear) society.

What price America?

Here I always thought that freedom in America was irreplaceable, until more than one governor – and of a so-called liberal state, decided that less than the heroes and more than the villains they pretend to expose – they had found a way to silence the entire populace and who would dare inform the public that the governor has no mores. Power yes, mores no.

What price freedom, as in our original first 10 amendments and for that matter all the amendments to what we were once led believe could not – not just “would not” but “could not” be violated. Until more than one democratically elected dictator (strange? That our democratically elected leaders – worldwide (can’t blame Communist China for this one) find themselves, as in finding their very souls, in shutting down not only basic civil liberties but what we once believed to be our “inalienable rights.”

What price our liberties?

Oh, those segmented, once inviolate freedoms that we once believed we had won and could cherish forever? Or, as it turns out, not to be cherished while citizen “x” and citizen “y” could catch the flu and how quickly America backslides – into a time before our basic rights were more than passing theory.

What price our health?

Our physical health – gone with the wind if you consider the toll on the human body to be isolated via laws so strict they make famous novels of the 20th century such as “1984” and “Brave New World” appear an appeal to how free we were – yesterday. Or did you not notice the omen in tomorrow’s news that if a third of this brave new species called humanity must go without – without employment? Without education for another six months? Without hope beyond tomorrow of having food? Well, at least they cannot catch this flu while hiding at home without food, medicine, work — without hope? anything our brave new government cannot print as if worth more than life itself – without even questioning.

Has the price already been paid and how quickly an entire free society smiles and looks back and remembers that it was merely a couple months ago that we were well, and free. Now not so well, and sadly – try going for a walk in California – or Colonial Estates without a permit if that time is soon to come to Bartlesville — not at all free – unless we hold to the resolve that health and freedom both will guide us, even in this storm.

David Lawrence Cade

Bartlesville

UGGGGGHHHH

Ugh

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Apr 10, 2020

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I hate how that is formatted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
What price freedom? Hulk thought freedom priceless! Hulk smash coronavirus!