Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Most of these do apply to me (I eat food, I am legally prevented from touching the ground per Elysiume v. Earth 7355608§413, I haven't done a detox, etc.) but I'm intrigued as to the full suite of postures I'm missing out on. Is a Slav squat standing, because you're on two feet? Is it a unique posture? If I do some shadow work on unresolved emotions, can I unlock a few more postures?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

MFW your feet haven't touched the ground in months or years

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Elysiume posted:

Most of these do apply to me (I eat food, I am legally prevented from touching the ground per Elysiume v. Earth 7355608§413, I haven't done a detox, etc.) but I'm intrigued as to the full suite of postures I'm missing out on. Is a Slav squat standing, because you're on two feet? Is it a unique posture? If I do some shadow work on unresolved emotions, can I unlock a few more postures?

You need to buy special crystals to unlock new stances. PM me your bank details and I can get you started.

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
I'm guessing the "feet touching the ground" thing is BAREFOOT GRASS HEALING rather than levitation, but I do appreciate that interpretation more.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I haven’t bared my taint at the sunrise either, but you know what, I’m good.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

well, john green didn't so much "actively try to avoid it" as he did "barrel straight into it deliberately" which is why it creeps me out a little.

He is a YA author. But I don't even know where the right line for developing your audience and relating to them is when you're an adult who's job is appealing to and writing about teenagers. Glad he's not a thief, or a sex pest, or drinking the blood of orphans or anything so that's probably as good as can be expected on this internet.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Phosphine posted:

I'm guessing the "feet touching the ground" thing is BAREFOOT GRASS HEALING rather than levitation, but I do appreciate that interpretation more.

I'm pretty sure it's grounding, actually; the belief that humanity is making itself sicker by wearing shoes that prevent us from being electrically grounded in the earth, and that we'd all be healthier if we walked around barefoot in dirt more often (and paid some dipshit online hundreds of dollars for trinkets that somehow help this).

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 11:30 on Oct 21, 2020

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

well, john green didn't so much "actively try to avoid it" as he did "barrel straight into it deliberately" which is why it creeps me out a little.

i didn't say he did you doofus, i said it will happen no matter what and claiming that it happening means he's a creep is absurd in that regard

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Nastyman posted:

Amazon LotR reboot looking good

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Amazon LotR reboot looking good

Sam of Finland

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

But wouldn't the sort of person that gets Nazi tattoos on their face be proud to explain that said tattoos are indeed his way of standing up for the white race? I mean why get a Nazi tattoo, and then tell people it is actually not a Nazi tattoo?

I am not arguing with you about Sky History's lack of research. Its just that I reckon that the people filming and in the research department aren't as online as goons/Nazis, so therefore don't understand the racist imagery, and accepted the more wholesome sounding explanation without question.

Necrothatcher posted:

Sky History in the UK have made a reality TV show about woodworking called The Chop and were promoting it on Twitter. They did a spotlight on one of their contestants:

Twitter immediately pointed out that the guy is covered in Nazi tattoos and has an 88 on his cheek. Sky told everyone to calm down, they'd already checked and he's definitely not a Nazi - the 88 is because his Dad died in 1988 and it's to remember him. Everyone laughed at them, told them it was bullshit and that the guy was obviously fash - pointing out the multiple other far right tats.

Today the guy's dad has popped up saying "I'm not dead!" and the entire show has been canned.

From another thread.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Captain Monkey posted:

From another thread.

Lmao Jesus Christ

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Capt.Whorebags posted:

Well you just haven’t lived then

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Nastyman posted:

Thats a pretty good painting for 28 dollars.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Is there a special procedure for detoxing, or does eating iffy food and getting the shits occasionally count

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

https://twitter.com/NoorBinLadin/status/1318902975633436677

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ask your uncle. Oh wait.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Capt.Whorebags posted:

goatse the sun

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Monkey posted:

From another thread.

Lol, that last detail is chef’s kiss. I saw this story in some other threads yesterday, but I guess the dad hadn’t popped up, yet.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

EL BROMANCE posted:

Ask your uncle. Oh wait.

Wait, didn't you hear?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/15/politics/donald-trump-osama-bin-laden-conspiracy-theory-fact-check/index.html

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Captain Monkey posted:

From another thread.

Wait - so they already filmed the whole series?

No one, no producers, hosts, camera people, other contestants ever pointed this out?

Rage McDougal
Jul 28, 2013

Medium blogs count as social media, right?

Someone posed a defense of CDPR's crunch for Cyberpunk 2077. I tried reading it this morning as I'm a broken human who likes kicking off my day by getting angry at stupid takes (it's why I read this thread!) but I couldn't even get past the intro:

[CITATION loving NEEDED]

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Rage McDougal posted:

Someone posed a defense of CDPR's crunch for Cyberpunk 2077. I tried reading it this morning as I'm a broken human who likes kicking off my day by getting angry at stupid takes (it's why I read this thread!) but I couldn't even get past the intro:

[CITATION loving NEEDED]

Medium is the journalistic equivalent of a rubbermaid tub full of jungle juice. Someone has probably pissed in it, and you'll absolutely regret having it the next morning.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Rage McDougal posted:

[CITATION loving NEEDED]

It doesn’t even matter if the claim is correct, because [specific economic niche] != [overall economic health]. Prostitution was going gangbangers during the Great Depression, but it would be difficult to prove the economy was doing well at that time. If there was suddenly an enormous demand for mimes, it wouldn’t necessarily mean all the other jobs weren’t in the shitter.

Edit: It also wouldn’t prove that employees weren’t being treated like poo poo.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha I actually didn't, there's so much dumb poo poo that comes out about this guy and although I try to keep up it says a lot that something as mental as this still snuck by me.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

letthereberock posted:

No one, no producers, hosts, camera people, other contestants ever pointed this out?

reality TV is like that

I am forever disappointed that I will never be able to see "I love money" season 3, featuring the weasel from "Daisy of love," because one of the contestants ended up murdering someone right after filming ended, so they canned it

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

letthereberock posted:

Several people pointed it out and were dismissed, because that's how dog whistles work. People IN THIS THREAD were like 'well maybe he's not a Nazi, you see, the 88 could mean just about anything!'

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's amazing that in 2020 they think a show can be aired with a dude with tattoos like that and nobody would notice. Hell the show didn't even air, a one minute trail did and the entire internet spotted it within seconds. Literally throwing money away, good job Sky.

(Not that I'm complaining, it sounded poo poo.)

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

letthereberock posted:

I think your overestimating how many people know about the various dumb secret symbols fascists use.
This a low budget, small crew show. I can totally see it getting past people. It's just very funny that when pointed out they tried to claim they'd done a background check.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Captain Monkey posted:

Several people pointed it out and were dismissed, because that's how dog whistles work. People IN THIS THREAD were like 'well maybe he's not a Nazi, you see, the 88 could mean just about anything!'

Do you mean posters in this thread or just content posted here? Without going back through, I don't think any posters in this thread said anything like that

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

dont sun shame me bro science added vitaman d to milk for a reason. so i can drink it and avoid the sun.

i cant find it but pretend i linked the black af scene where the white intern is in the carribean with them and barris is like i cant believe the sun hates an entire people because his intern is developing skin cancer in real time in front of him.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Captain Monkey posted:

specifically, only the terminally online and twitter poisoned would associate "88" with Hitler. Like two days ago.

Who's the idiot on social media now, huh??

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I really want to see this with a list of general car maintenance tips that people usually forget to do (change wiper fluid, rotate tires, whatever), then “...and you think WEARING A SEATBELT is going to keep you safe???” at the end. Same exact energy.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
It took 20 years for conservatives to unironically support bin Laden.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Mega Comrade posted:

I think your overestimating how many people know about the various dumb secret symbols fascists use.
This a low budget, small crew show. I can totally see it getting past people. It's just very funny that when pointed out they tried to claim they'd done a background check.

Still, did he lie about his dad being dead and nobody actually checked, or did Sky make that up to sound like they actually did any checking?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Some goons really don't want to think Darren is a Nazi, huh.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

specifically, only the terminally online and twitter poisoned would associate "88" with Hitler. Like two days ago.

Who's the idiot on social media now, huh??

lmao a dude literally JUST did it even after all this was posted. It just keeps happening.

As an anecdote, my non-terminally online wife does design work at a large company and part of that was helping take and edit together some photos from a corporate retreat (this was about a year pre-COVID). While editing the photos she noticed a guy doing a hidden 'OK' symbol and mentioned it to me as concerning. I agreed (because I'm terminally online) and she brought it up to her boss, who took it to the vice president. None of them are terminally online, least of all the late 50's/early 60's vp and every single one of them was independently aware of the OK symbol as a 'covert' racist dogwhistle, and they scrubbed that dude's photo hard and there's been additional scrutiny from his boss on his interactions going forward.

The weirdos going 'oh nobody knows about 88 or the OK sign or whatever' only enable the Nazis to keep using these dogwhistles, and every time its pointed out that 'no, actually it's pretty common because people aren't always oblivious morons' you get someone kramering in here again to tell us to calm down because we're twitter poisoned or whatever.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

nexus6 posted:

Still, did he lie about his dad being dead and nobody actually checked, or did Sky make that up to sound like they actually did any checking?

Who knows but I hope its the former because its much funnier.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
I get the sentiment of wanting to give people the benefit of the doubt as much as possible, but I don't believe any reputable tattoo artist is going to just let you walk around with 88 on your face without first explaining to you what it means to the entire rest of the western world.

This is Sideshow Bob with "the jews, the" on his chest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Mega Comrade posted:

Who knows but I hope its the former because its much funnier.

I like the corollary of "Hi, I'm Darren's dad! I'm not dead, my son's just a loving Nazi! Cheers!"