Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/wspieler/status/1331321860118749189

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
They did it. The Trump boys finally found a way to make boobs seem unsexy.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

They did it. The Trump boys finally found a way to make boobs seem unsexy.

This quote is even better if you say it like a Dukes of Hazzard cliff hanger

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

OP not the idiot, but the New York Times sure is.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1331387924080971778

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I mean, the natural thing would be to treat them as they treated refugees, in that case?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

RoboRodent posted:

I mean, the natural thing would be to treat them as they treated refugees, in that case?

I sincerely hope they end up in a cage.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

OwlFancier posted:

They are a very laughing matter when they happen to mister too drat personally responsible.

Who has a PhD in treating clinical addiction, don't forget.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

A PhD is not an MD.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Skwirl posted:

It's twitter except you don't get banned for minor little things like slurs and death threats.

Guess again! No death threats (at least not to other posters):

Slurs are A-OK though. Free speech for the important stuff.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Gats Akimbo posted:

I really want twitter, but as much swearing and (consensual, adult) nudity as anyone wants to post, but close to zero tolerance on hate speech.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Gats Akimbo posted:

So free speech so long as you’re talking about how awesome fascism is?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Posted on a meme about toilet paper hoarding:

Yes, Biden is responsible for your Tesla stocks going up, keep believing that

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Zeether posted:

Posted on a meme about toilet paper hoarding:

Yes, Biden is responsible for your Tesla stocks going up, keep believing that

Just substitute president-elect for president

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Actually the markets have been skyrocketing because of two major reasons:

1.) COVID vaccine prospects
2.) Normalcy in American politics in the coming years and a non-volatile president.

Not even an opinion at this point, as all major credible economic outlets are saying this.

I realize the stock market is not the entire economy but it is a good bellweather.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Thing is, Trump totally thinks it's the levers version

He just assumes "him being there" is what the lever really is

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

dialhforhero posted:

I realize the stock market is not the entire economy but it is a good bellweather.
Is it though

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

All the Stone Cold Steve Austin fans are antifa, and all the Undertaker fans are turbo-CHUDs. Not sure what happened to the Rock fans, needs more research.

The Rock fans just want to grill.

The obvious (but still wrong) angle is the right to privacy, but he can’t use that because it’s not in the text and was created for The Gays.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

dialhforhero posted:

Source your quotes.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/lazycrybaby_/status/1331227698841198596

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I have a partial theory about people in their late 30s / 40s who were into 90s wrestling.

All the Stone Cold Steve Austin fans are antifa, and all the Undertaker fans are turbo-CHUDs. Not sure what happened to the Rock fans, needs more research.

But I know I'm right about those first two.

Also, my cousin who was a big Mick Foley fan married a widow with several kids and had more kids and now they sell weed as a side gig for their restaurant.

the rocks fans are all the people who voted for trump and are going to claim they didnt and never liked him he was the worst but in their heart of hearts they know they did and they did it for slightly more money except they arent the rock rich so voting republican isnt giving them tax cuts

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Honestly couldn't decide which tweet thread this should fall into:

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1331644565816676353?s=20

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
RIP may she rest with the angles

https://mobile.twitter.com/cristianafarias/status/1331661590333181952

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

jojoinnit posted:

Honestly couldn't decide which tweet thread this should fall into:

https://twitter.com/JoseCanseco/status/1331644565816676353?s=20

Jose accusing other people of cheating is pretty rich.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

snergle posted:

the rocks fans are all the people who voted for trump and are going to claim they didnt and never liked him he was the worst but in their heart of hearts they know they did and they did it for slightly more money except they arent the rock rich so voting republican isnt giving them tax cuts

This.

Which, sadly, is also the viewpoint of The Rock himself.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

He's 100% correct.

e: wrong thread full of tweets. Leaving it.

UwUnabomber has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Nov 26, 2020

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

dialhforhero posted:

This.

Which, sadly, is also the viewpoint of The Rock himself.

I don't actually care about the guy, but this is a weird misconception I keep seeing here. He voted for Obama twice, didn't vote in '16, and endorsed and voted for Biden this year. He was a Republican when he was young and dumb, and still isn't a Democrat (he's registered as Independent), but he hasn't voted for or endorsed any Republicans in at least 15 years.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

https://twitter.com/Scobleizer/status/1331769799521681408?s=19

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
the whole thing was stupid but "he saved more lives around the world in the future, than probably anybody else I can think of in history" is just so far beyond the pale that I want to brand his forehead with vasili arkhipov

edit:
https://twitter.com/Scobleizer/status/1331802392065556480

this guy fetishes technology so much that he's definitely stuck his dick in whatever holes his dumb tesla has

Bottom Liner has a new favorite as of 05:53 on Nov 26, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

the whole thing was stupid but "he saved more lives around the world in the future,

loving WHAT ABOUT THE GUY WHO INVENTED DWARF WHEAT YOU MOTHER FUCKER, LITERALLY BILLIONS OF LIVES SAVED.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Don't try to reason with the Musk fan club. You're just going to end up pissed off.

(Norman Borlaug is the guy you're thinking of. Stanislav Petrov deserves a mention too.)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/crowkneecapital/status/1331800190265815043

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ultrafilter posted:

Don't try to reason with the Musk fan club. You're just going to end up pissed off.

(Norman Borlaug is the guy you're thinking of. Stanislav Petrov deserves a mention too.)

You might want to look up Vasili Arkhipov

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Just because literally every one of us should recognize and appreciate him

quote:

Vasily Alexandrovich Arkhipov (Russian: Василий Александрович Архипов, IPA: [vɐˈsʲilʲɪj ɐlʲɪkˈsandrəvʲɪtɕ arˈxʲipɔːf], 30 January 1926 – 19 August 1998) was a Soviet Navy officer credited with preventing a Soviet nuclear strike (and, presumably, all-out nuclear war) during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Such an attack likely would have caused a major global thermonuclear response.[1]

As flotilla commander and second-in-command of the diesel powered submarine B-59, Arkhipov refused to authorize the captain's use of nuclear torpedoes against the United States Navy, a decision requiring the agreement of all three senior officers aboard.

In 2002, Thomas Blanton, who was then director of the US National Security Archive, said that Arkhipov "saved the world"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

You might want to look up Vasili Arkhipov

The fact that there's two of them that we know of really loving freaks me out.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Holy poo poo I forgot about Scoble. He’s still such a huge, sad gently caress lol.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Were this the meme thread I'd do the Doofenshmirtz meme with "If I had a nickel for every time a Soviet military officer had a reason to start the end the world but chose not to, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice."

but, :effort:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Pleased to see you're already discussing Scoble. That tweet has to be one of the stupidest things I've ever read in my entire life. I didn't just double-take I did like an octuple-take.

Byzantine posted:

The fact that there's two of them that we know of really loving freaks me out.

In some ways, knowing how awful this world is, it kinda makes sense that we would've come so close multiple times.

But yeah its pretty terrifying.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

op is not the idiot

https://twitter.com/redclayscholar/status/1331242578763722752?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

by Regina N Bradly

They really weren't very subtle about it.