Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Splash Attack posted:

i had been thinking findom was some sort of misspelling of femdom this whole time and i finally googled it

why is 'financial domination' even considered a kink because honestly it sounds more like a scam and a bunch of dudes don't want to admit it because it lets them have contact with a girl

It basically sounds like my relationship with my bank, except they are the ones with an erection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I thought findom was something to do with fish, or perhaps dolphins.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Paying for attention and not sex is not new, ("let me buy you a drink?") Not sure where sociopath comes into it, not having sex and getting paid is a winning strategy or everyone sex work or not.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Splash Attack posted:

i had been thinking findom was some sort of misspelling of femdom this whole time and i finally googled it

why is 'financial domination' even considered a kink because honestly it sounds more like a scam and a bunch of dudes don't want to admit it because it lets them have contact with a girl

It exists to be parodied.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

And not a drop of white wine.

"Real" incels usually do cross some weird rubicon where they just say that all women aren't good enough for them or that they're not good enough for literally any woman.

And If it makes anyone feel better, I think actual findom is pretty rare. I believe it was an episode the F-Plus podcast (think Weekend Web) that found a model forum where some women were talking shop. A funny aside was people trying to break into findom complaining about how hard it was and how few clients there were. It's apparently all about snagging one of the few rare whales floating around. Average people who don't have spare money to throw at pretend blackmail don't last long enough to be worth the effort.

I know personally at least one goon who's on again off again SO was (an apparently non sexual?) legit cam findom, but there are a lot of things I question about him not the least of which is one of the reasons I haven't talked to him in over half a decade so details are shaky to say the least

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Magna Kaser posted:

I haven't lived in the US for over a decade now but can someone remind me why everyone from landlords to cable companies need your SSN when it's the
ID that is simultaneously the most important and the easiest for a bad actor to gently caress you over with?

Like living abroad I have to use my passport for everything but there's not a lot someone can do with just my passport number, whereas with my name and SSN and probably birthday that these people also collect they could just prob steal my whole identity.

Not only that but with enough background info you can basically guess it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erp8IAUouus

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

grittyreboot posted:

I think they're pointing out that all incels have low self esteem but not all people with low self esteem are incels

Yeah its this, when i think of incels, i think of dudes who post on incel forums and call themselves wristcel or skullcel or currycel, etc. Those dudes have usually completely given up on actual women and retreated fully into hentai or just pure misogyny rage. Their most famous member, Elliot Rodgers, had completely given up on even the fantasy of having sex with women by the end. His manifesto had fantasies of what he would do if he was god-king of earth, and it wasn't "establish a harem", like you would expect for a frustrated horny dude. It was "banish all women underground, like Morlocks, and erase the memory of them from men forever".

And yeah, to the goon above, findom feels like something you'd need to be in a dark triad personality disorder to actively pursue. Primarily because getting started in it seems like you'd have to actively be trolling for vulnerable folks to exploit for cash.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Happy 4️⃣2️⃣0️⃣ you DIRTY👅💦💦QUARANTINE 🏠🚪🚷STONER 🍁🔥🚬!!! today📅 we passin a J 🚬 round the world 🌎 and getting BLAZED 💫as ONE 👥👥 light up 💨 and let loose 💃but don’t you dare ❌ get closer than 6️⃣ feet 👟away from ANOTHA 🦠CORONA 🦠 STONA 🦠🚫 send this 💌📬 to every pot head 👹in your contacts 📲 so every1️⃣ knows 🧠we togetha 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👩‍👩‍👧‍👦 in this 🔥😛💝💨

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

grittyreboot posted:

There are people whose survival strategy is to hopefully be Elon Musks footstool when he declares himself God Emperor of Mars.
https://twitter.com/EliBurton_/status/1252226829567397889?s=19
On one hand, his rocket company is doing some pretty cool stuff with rockets. On the other hand, his car company did some cool stuff and is now a pyramid scheme that delivers a few cars and rakes in investments to pay off old investments by producing defective cars. Also, when questioned about car safety he decided that the proper course of action was not to answer the question like a sane person, but to jump onto the assembly line and headbutt a car.

There was also that time he took all of the drugs and made a 420 joke on Twitter in an attempt to get Azaelia Banks to join him and his girlfriend for a threesome and ended up with blue balls and a $20M fine from the SEC because he declared that his stream-of-consciousness Twitter account was an official channel of Tesla's financial statements, and after that he started using his mom's Twitter account to whine and rage at whatever he was angry at.

Magna Kaser posted:

I haven't lived in the US for over a decade now but can someone remind me why everyone from landlords to cable companies need your SSN when it's the
ID that is simultaneously the most important and the easiest for a bad actor to gently caress you over with?

Like living abroad I have to use my passport for everything but there's not a lot someone can do with just my passport number, whereas with my name and SSN and probably birthday that these people also collect they could just prob steal my whole identity.
Your SSN is supposed to be exclusively for Social Security use, but the lack of regulation means it's been used and abused to the point that it's basically your personal serial number with the bonus of anyone who sees it being able to steal your identity. Once that happens, you'd think that financial institutions would respond to "my identity was stolen, can you please report this to credit bureaus?" but they couldn't care less and keep you on hold until their business hours end and their phone system disconnects you or forwards you to the voicemail of a department or individual who doesn't exist.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Sloth Life posted:

Paying for attention and not sex is not new, ("let me buy you a drink?") Not sure where sociopath comes into it, not having sex and getting paid is a winning strategy or everyone sex work or not.

If it helps you out, I've been thinking about buying a PS4 and I am happy to give you my PayPal if that gives you a thrill.

As a bonus, if you are into edging, it's a 3-4 business-day delivery time.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

And yeah, to the goon above, findom feels like something you'd need to be in a dark triad personality disorder to actively pursue. Primarily because getting started in it seems like you'd have to actively be trolling for vulnerable folks to exploit for cash.

If you meant the person I was talking about, they weren't a cammer and they didn't seek out a relationship with the cammer. It just kind of happened and he found out later she did the findom poo poo. He was just hosed up in general and some abuse happened that I won't comment on. However he managed to explain everything elegantly in the end with his own actions.

Dark triad sounds pretty up his alley though and I wouldn't doubt that

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Syd Midnight posted:

I've heard that findommes tend to display the hallmarks of sociopathy and are not really accepted as part of the organized bdsm community. I have no idea if there's truth to that, but I've never seen a bit of evidence to the contrary, especially for the first part.

I guess I must be a sociopath then cause I'd findom the hell out of any pay pig who'd go for it. :whip:

...I think that smiley is more Devo than I was hoping, but close enough.

e: hosed up if true that the bdsm community kinkshames humble findoms like that. It's okay to put a collar on someone and ride them around like a pony, but make them buy you a real pony instead and suddenly you're the bad guy!

Telemaze has a new favorite as of 07:52 on Apr 21, 2020

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Syd Midnight posted:

I've heard that findommes tend to display the hallmarks of sociopathy and are not really accepted as part of the organized bdsm community. I have no idea if there's truth to that, but I've never seen a bit of evidence to the contrary, especially for the first part.

I haven't heard that specific accusation, but sociopathy and narcissism are not uncommon in the community. It doesn't sound unusual at all for a sociopathic or narcissistic person to become abusive in how they try to dominate people or seek sexual behavior for financial gain; a recent Let's Read thread I did dealt with that kind of person and he freely engaged in findom as well as extremely abusive BDSM.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

GWBBQ posted:

There was also that time he took all of the drugs and made a 420 joke on Twitter in an attempt to get Azaelia Banks to join him and his girlfriend for a threesome and ended up with blue balls and a $20M fine from the SEC because he declared that his stream-of-consciousness Twitter account was an official channel of Tesla's financial statements, and after that he started using his mom's Twitter account to whine and rage at whatever he was angry at.

This is more hilarious than the time the WWE had to cancel a storyline about Donald Trump “buying” Monday Night Raw because the stockholders totally bought into kayfabe.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell
The bigger issue is that a lot of findoms are just people who know they can get people to give them money, and act in ways that are irresponsible and harmful to the sub. It's the difference between ethical kink and abuse.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I also hear that many smaller time online sex workerd get screwed over by skeevy companies that take huge margins and are ran by fly by night assholes. The industry has a lot of exploitation over banking and taxes and such.

Legalize all drugs, legalize sex work of all kinds, unionize the workers of both.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Splash Attack posted:

It's a form of humiliation fetish, like most fetishes it's ripe for abuse from bad actors, but it's not hugely different from any other sex worker getting paid for their work.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

It's been a synonym for wuss or wimp for literally decades.

the f-word has meant "bundle of sticks" for centuries, are you going to say it's not a slur? :rolleyes:

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

gently caress means bundle of sticks?

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
gently caress isn't a swear word

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Only when used as a noun

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have a friend who, on at least two separate occasions, has been propositioned by men who wanted him to findom them. I’ve got the impression that it’s the kind of business where actively trolling for clients puts you in about the same boat as someone trying to break into the twitch streaming scene.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1252453257080909824

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

Syd Midnight posted:

Generally speaking, the BDSM community strongly believes that there is a line between mistreating a person for the pleasure of both parties and being a scum bag. That's why stuff like proper communication and aftercare are such a big deal. It's also why 50 Shades of Grey was reviled by them. That book is basically a "how NOT to" guide. This is also the same community with groups that believe you shouldn't be allowed to wear leather bondage gear unless you earn it (whatever the gently caress that means). In conclusion, BDSM is a land of contrasts and leather latex.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Felonious_Monk posted:

no no no, you see, she's fine with incels beating their meat as long as they're paid up, she just takes issue with poors trying to get stiffies for free

it's dickle down economics

Personally, I think all men should have to pay to cum. Every time.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

Syd Midnight posted:

Why are findommes any different than any other form of sex work? Sounds perfect if you're a woman who wants to make some fast cash without having to be nice to (or be in the same room with) gross men.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Speaking of humiliation fetishes...

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OhAreThey posted:

Personally, I think all men should have to pay to cum. Every time.

You’ve got some bad brains

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

OhAreThey posted:

Why are findommes any different than any other form of sex work? Sounds perfect if you're a woman who wants to make some fast cash without having to be nice to (or be in the same room with) gross men.

I think the point is that findoms generally don't care about their "pay pigs" at all, like, if some guy findoms himself into debt or not being able to pay his bills, they don't give a poo poo, while other BDSM stuff involves not ruining anyone's lives(if done right). I.e. there may be pain and whatever, but you're not permanently damaging anyone and the dom cares about their sub having a good time, too.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's definitely not cool

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

PurpleXVI posted:

I think the point is that findoms generally don't care about their "pay pigs" at all, like, if some guy findoms himself into debt or not being able to pay his bills, they don't give a poo poo, while other BDSM stuff involves not ruining anyone's lives(if done right). I.e. there may be pain and whatever, but you're not permanently damaging anyone and the dom cares about their sub having a good time, too.
This is basically my impression, too. Like, to be fair, a rich enough whale can drop enough money to change someone's life and barely even notice beyond the erection, but people like that aren't exactly common...

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So findommes are as ethical as free-to-play developers, is what I'm seeing here.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So findommes are as ethical as free-to-play developers, is what I'm seeing here.

Something something her lootbox something.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

PurpleXVI posted:

This is the modern evolution. Financial domination used to have a much bigger focus on trust rather than just being credit card fraud with extra steps. It still involved financial loss but usually with people you actually saw in person and developed long term relationships, whether sex worker-client or more intimate, and was a little less scummy.Always was an edge kink, though, in both senses.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

You’ve got some bad brains

Thank you for taking what I said seriously and NOT sarcastically, as it clearly WASN'T sarcastic!

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yes. Is Findom any different than anything that squeezes money out of fools in late stage capitalism?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

OhAreThey posted:

Thank you for taking what I said seriously and NOT sarcastically, as it clearly WASN'T sarcastic!

Guess not everyone is familiar with this classic jam:

https://youtu.be/6rAaW9AQDEE

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Part of me kind of appreciates the openness of the findom hustle, but also once someone anonymously put $50 in my PayPal account when I was struggling a bit between jobs and I cried, so I might not be cut out for "pay me to be mean to you."

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

Ambitious Spider posted:

Guess not everyone is familiar with this classic jam:

https://youtu.be/6rAaW9AQDEE

Ah, I apologize for my defensive reaction and thank you for making me aware of this awesome song!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

There's indeed something very interesting about it - namely, how someone can be an economics professor without understanding arithmetic. edit: two different guys, drat it.