Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

teen witch posted:

Yes but no?

Yes: it is correct eve 6, a band I am shocked is saying the thing, which is correct
but no: I’m tired of mean girl sanctimonious leftism as a leftist and I know it’s only because of being surrounded by it, it’s not the message it’s the messenger

in short: thank you for reminding me about eve 6

E: god I think I’m getting old

I don't think eve 6 is saying you have to be miserable? I get the general gist, but not in response to that specific tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Two ovens is whatever, but the electric ovens that can use microwaves to assist baking are great. They can cut cooking time from an hour to twelve minutes for some dishes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://twitter.com/pdkmitchell/status/1352563036847022080

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Kathleen Stock is a TERF, or as she'd like to call it, "gender-critical feminist." When she says "men", she means transwomen.

e: Re double ovens, my house had one growing up. They were pitched as for entertaining, which my parents did a lot of. Roast/casserole/whatever in one oven, dessert in another. Incredibly handy for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Right now, we have the stove's oven and a portable convention oven, mostly because in the summer who wants to heat the whole kitchen for one dish.

Arsenic Lupin has a new favorite as of 20:34 on Jan 22, 2021

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

In the UK a cooker like that guy has is really common. They're free standing units with a small top space that is a small oven and grill, and then a larger oven below it. Usually with an integrated hob on top. It hadn't occurred to me that sort of thing wouldn't be common everywhere.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/influencersitw/status/1352700151874392064?s=20

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Data Graham posted:

I wasn’t sure I wasn’t just missing the whole joke due to transatlantic terminology differences, i.e. a “grill” is our “broiler” but who knows what “stove” and “oven” might respectively mean in a land where a “cooker” is a thing you have in a kitchen

Now I’m confused, because I though what they were referring to as a grill is what the US calls a stove.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Wow. I mean it was cringe, but I didn't think it was account-deletion level.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If you’re going to burn a bluecheck account, at least do it by impersonating someone who deserves to be taken down a peg.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Wow. I mean it was cringe, but I didn't think it was account-deletion level.

:same:

Serious Gamemaster Anthony vibes.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

This is harmless. They’re just making a dumb video.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

teen witch posted:

Yes but no?

Yes: it is correct eve 6, a band I am shocked is saying the thing, which is correct
Having never heard of that band before they started tweeting a lot of political things like two months back, whoever the hell they are they're really on point and have good views (i.e. far enough left to get run out of thanksgiving dinner)

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

DACK FAYDEN posted:

(i.e. far enough left to get run out of thanksgiving dinner)

don't quite believe this, but I will swallow my doubt and turn it inside out

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

They had one big hit in the late 90s but were otherwise pretty forgettable. Dude's a top-tier leftist shitposter, though.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

ultrafilter posted:

They had one big hit in the late 90s but were otherwise pretty forgettable. Dude's a top-tier leftist shitposter, though.

Almost wonder if the eve6 account saw Trapt get dragged and was like "Hey we can do this, and we're not huge pieces of poo poo!" and just gone hogge wild from there

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!
Grimey Drawer

empty baggie posted:

Now I’m confused, because I though what they were referring to as a grill is what the US calls a stove.

Wtf is a stove?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
the part on top of the oven

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ultrafilter posted:

my college band opened for them and they were all pretty cool and friendly too

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Regarde Aduck posted:

Wtf is a stove?

The top part you use to heat pots and pans usually either with natural gas flames or an electric coil.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Skwirl posted:

The top part you use to heat pots and pans usually either with natural gas flames or an electric coil.

What are pots and pans?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

What are pots and pans?

I think you call them "tiddly bonkeroonis" in the UK.

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1352722712310009864?s=20

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I just assumed the tweet was talking about a hybrid gas electric oven I didn't realise having two ovens was just a thing? Like I get why you'd have it, it's actually a rad idea it's just something I've never seen in my bougie suburban mcmansion life

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The Brady Bunch had two ovens. Plus a stove (or range or grill or whatever the gently caress people call it) on the kitchen island.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

empty baggie posted:

The Brady Bunch had two ovens. Plus a stove (or range or grill or whatever the gently caress people call it) on the kitchen island.

Two ovens but only one bathroom. What a hell hole

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

Two ovens but only one bathroom. What a hell hole

They had 2 parents, 6 kids and a live in maid sharing a single bathroom? They should have got a second maid just so Alice would have time to do something besides clean the bathroom.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Nah, 6 kids shared a bathroom but I'm pretty sure the parents had one too.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

we use ours to heat food lol

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

empty baggie posted:

Nah, 6 kids shared a bathroom but I'm pretty sure the parents had one too.

Yea there was one between the kids bedrooms to share. Mike n carol had one and I think there was one downstairs

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Thinkgn about those brady bunch movies they made in the 90s??? where there was an (non-blood related) incest subplot.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Volcott posted:

Thinkgn about those brady bunch movies they made in the 90s??? where there was an (non-blood related) incest subplot.

Ted Cruz origin story.

Not the movie, just watching it as a young adult.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I just assumed the tweet was talking about a hybrid gas electric oven I didn't realise having two ovens was just a thing? Like I get why you'd have it, it's actually a rad idea it's just something I've never seen in my bougie suburban mcmansion life

It's common for Jewish families

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/conspiraboomers/status/1352777813640830977?s=20

I suspect (like flat earthers) most people involved in it are just bullshitting, but gently caress it.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

xtal posted:

It's common for Jewish families

Those who keep kosher anyways. Most Jews don't keep kosher though.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
It was really common in middle-class homes in the US northeast in the 1970s. Probably half of my friends’ parents had double ovens. And my town wasn’t a bit fancy. The top photo in this thread is one I remember.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I posted it because the guy posted a photo of his "double oven" that only had one oven.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

AlbieQuirky posted:

It was really common in middle-class homes in the US northeast in the 1970s. Probably half of my friends’ parents had double ovens. And my town wasn’t a bit fancy. The top photo in this thread is one I remember.

Yeah, I grew up in the mid south where the majority of houses in my neighborhood were built in the mid 60s, and now that I think about it, a good portion of those houses had double ovens.

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

https://twitter.com/sophie__goose/status/1352646835119255557

The "the Lilo and Stitch movie is racist against white people!!!1! :qq: " person is back and theyre very mad about cancel culture! :lol:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

There was probably a post-war sweet spot where the middle class was prosperous enough to afford 2 ovens, and 2 ovens would actually get used fairly often. Like if you do fresh baking of rolls and deserts fairly often, then 2 ovens might be useful for a big sunday dinner every week. But the more you use convenience foods and then microwaves, the less often that second oven gets used. Why bake your own warm fresh rolls when Wonder Bread(tm) exists?

These days a lot of people barely ever use their single oven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Jamie Faith posted:

https://twitter.com/sophie__goose/status/1352646835119255557

The "the Lilo and Stitch movie is racist against white people!!!1! :qq: " person is back and theyre very mad about cancel culture! :lol:

This is an embed of a reply to a tweet of a retweet to a series of screenshots about someone who was responding to criticism of someone who said something stupid and nowhere in it was the original stupid thing. Let's get some context for those who don't have perfect memory for every idiot that passes through the thread?

Zesty has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Jan 23, 2021