Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

This is especially incredible because Musk announced 4/28 that Tesla cancelled it's D&O policy (because it was insanely expensive WONDER WHY) and that he'd be self-insuring his own D&O for himself and the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Glad we're making Sexual Assault Awareness Month about a guy accused of sexual assault. Awesome. Jerk off more about how much you fought for women, Biden.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scratch Monkey posted:

Perhaps if Norman Osborne was born rich and instead of being a brilliant scientist was just a dude who lucked into internet millions and built his reputation from that

I'm just saying if Elon Musk ever does get kicked out of his own company he's going to be flying around throwing bombs at people.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

There is no way Musk knows how to actually use any of his tech.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

mind the walrus posted:

There is no way Musk knows how to actually use any of his tech.

So, Justin Hammer then.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Midnight Voyager posted:

Glad we're making Sexual Assault Awareness Month about a guy accused of sexual assault. Awesome. Jerk off more about how much you fought for women, Biden.

I'm definitely more aware of Joe Biden's history if sexual assault, so that's a win for awareness this month.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

T-man posted:

It's me I'm the leftist stealing flour, I'm going to bake a big loaf of delicious bread in the shape of Karl Marx and make people pledge eternal loyalty to the gay agenda to have any.

I had to make bread today so...

Not as rainbow as I wanted, but I suppose there's always room for improvement when it comes to serving up the gay agenda.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

there wolf posted:

Not as rainbow as I wanted, but I suppose there's always room for improvement when it comes to serving up the gay agenda.

aw, it's great

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/KaitMarieox/status/1256381680585265153?s=19

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

That hashtag really makes me feel ill.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

there wolf posted:

This loving rules, get that bread

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/SpaceFlavours/status/1256316028465876997?s=20

I guess blogger can't have little a chlorine gas, as a treat.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Believe women?
No, more rapists in government!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/kenjilopezalt/status/1256467183418241024

Kenji is not the idiot, but rather, and I poo poo you not, Caren White, who wrote this piece: Why You Need to Stop Baking Bread

quote:

I was walking down the baking aisle to see if the organic flour was on sale. Organic flour is expensive and I am poor so I always try to buy it when it goes on sale. There was no sale and no flour. The shelves were bare. My eyes travelled up to the top shelf. The shelf with the leavening ingredients. Also bare.

How could this be?

When I got home, I logged on to my laptop and started reading articles on the pandemic. I had stopped reading most pandemic related articles weeks ago because they were upsetting me too much. I couldn’t sleep. I couldn’t concentrate. I needed to distance myself. But I knew that the pandemic had something to do with the bare shelves in the baking aisle so I exposed myself to the turmoil once more.
It seems that there has been a run on flour and yeast because people are bored so they are baking bread to pass the time.

Seriously?

Baking bread is a way of life for me, not a hobby. Not something to do just to pass the time. I don’t eat store-bought bread. I rarely eat prepared foods of any kind. If you visited my kitchen, you would find food but nothing to eat because I only stock ingredients. I do all of my own cooking and baking. On Saturday nights, I don’t order pizza, I make it. From scratch. Including the crust. I also grow my own popcorn, but that’s a topic for another day.

You see, I am one of THOSE people. You know the ones. You offer them a plate of food and they look at it suspiciously asking “Is that organic?” I want to know what is in my food so I make it myself. By the way, croutons? Made from my homemade bread. Breading for fried chicken? Made from my homemade bread. Stuffing for the Thanksgiving turkey? Made from my homemade bread. So when you buy up all of the flour and leavening ingredients for the sake of pretty photos on your Instagram feed you are literally taking food from my mouth. And the mouths of other families who also do their own their baking so that they can provide healthy food for their families.

Here’s the problem. It’s Economics 101. Supply and Demand. Before the pandemic, very few people did scratch baking so the grocery stores carried only limited supplies of flour and leavening. Both go bad, so they don’t want it hanging around the shelves for too long. Hence the limited quantities. That was okay. There was always enough for those of us who needed it. But there is not enough now that we are competing with a bunch of dilettante bakers who care nothing for anyone but themselves.

Yes, I know that sounds harsh, but I’m willing to bet that not a single one of them stopped to think as they grabbed the last of the flour and the yeast that they were robbing other people’s children of their daily bread. Nope. I’m certain all they cared about was how impressed everyone was going to be with their picture perfect loaves of bread.

Here’s an idea. If you are bored and want to learn new skills, why don’t you learn how to garden and impress everyone with your tomatoes? Or how about learning how to sew to make masks for hospitals and first responders? I know, learn to crochet so you can make those cute market bags for when you go to the farmer’s market.

But, please, please, I’m begging you, stop baking bread.

You should listen to her, because

quote:

Caren White is a Master Gardener and member of the Herb Society of America. She manages two public herb gardens in NJ.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

"I'm poor but I still buy all organic" might be the most confusing part to me ngl. I had to live on 79¢ pot pies for a while as a kid, I was just happy to have calories. I can see somebody doing it, but it seems pretty lovely to demand other people not buy flour if they don't have to when pre-made organic bread is available even in the covidantine.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hmmmmm

Oh wow, she's just haunting the comments to that bread piece to yell at people, too.

Midnight Voyager has a new favorite as of 08:35 on May 2, 2020

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
the sheer loving gall of claiming other bakers are taking away food from her children because her entitled karen rear end can't just buy bread or wait a day or two for the flour to restock. or get it from the loving mill. ain't no one starving your kids but you

"food insecurity" like you even comprehend the concept or have ever gone hungry for a day in your blessed life. develop celiac

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Facebook is the IOSM

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Skwirl posted:

I've said it before, Elon Musk isn't a real life Tony Stark, he's a real life Norman Osborne.

Except he doesn't have Willem Dafoe's charm.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Except he doesn't have Willem Dafoe's charm.

if they can (ffh spoiler): bring back jk simmons, they can bring back dafoe.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/stefanzall/status/1256382600626700288?s=21

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Loling at all the people inflating their losses by a minimum of 10x. Lots of people with million-dollar Tesla holdings taking time out of their busy business lives full of business to tweet at their messiah.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
People that tweet at their messiah put their life savings into stock

Because they are dumb

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Absurd Alhazred posted:

https://twitter.com/kenjilopezalt/status/1256467183418241024

Kenji is not the idiot, but rather, and I poo poo you not, Caren White, who wrote this piece: Why You Need to Stop Baking Bread

You should listen to her, because

She brags about growing her own corn in an article about how not being able to buy certain flour and leavening means she cannot bake bread. I posted Marxhallah too soon.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

“Unlike all of you idiots, I actually care about what I put in my body and make my own food. I bake my own bread which is clearly superior to the store bought garbage you eat!”

“Hey that sounds cool, maybe I’ll learn to bake bread too”

“NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!”

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

This is my favourite comment to bread Karen:

They are eating the bread, Karen!!!!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

She's just bun-hurt because she's seeing all the ugly first-timer loaves being shared and is sobbing to herself about the perfect breads she could have produced with that selfsame flour. Like worst song on most beautiful guitar, is tragic to her heart.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
In these times of devestating political stupidity, sometimes it's nice to take refuge in inane moronity

Squidster has a new favorite as of 14:46 on May 2, 2020

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

CharlestheHammer posted:

People that tweet at their messiah put their life savings into stock

Because they are dumb

About two weeks before everything went to hell a friend of mine was telling me "oh it took your two years but you've got a thousand dollars squared away in an emergency fund? You should pull that all put and invest it into stonks so it'll make you more money"

This is the same dude who had to sell all his Switch controllers because he has no emergency money

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

I mean, sometimes it isn’t even metaphor. The “Christian symbolism” of NGE was just Anno thinking crosses looked cool.

…and then End of Evangelion came out with its religious ecstasy orgasm everyone gets turned to tang scene.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Darling in the Franx definitely is a long sex metaphor.

It never actually figures out the moral it wants to talk about is but it exists

I think it was going for alienation in modern youth but it fails

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Len posted:

About two weeks before everything went to hell a friend of mine was telling me "oh it took your two years but you've got a thousand dollars squared away in an emergency fund? You should pull that all put and invest it into stonks so it'll make you more money"

This is the same dude who had to sell all his Switch controllers because he has no emergency money

Idiots like your friend were all over Reddit as well. Any time you'd mention having more than $1000 in a regular savings account one of them would inevitably pop up telling you to invest it in an S&P 500 index fund because it's just "losing value to inflation" in a bank account... never mind that stock markets can crash and lose a lot more value than inflation or that the very time you'd most need that money would likely coincide with said crashes. Also, inflation in general has been extremely low since the 2008 financial crisis so I'd rather "lose" a guaranteed 0.5% than risk losing 25+% for the chance at better "gains".

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Context on this tweet is irrelevant since you can be 100% confident he is the kind of guy to say this in any situation.

https://twitter.com/jasonweyandt/status/1256384118860009474

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Loling at all the people inflating their losses by a minimum of 10x. Lots of people with million-dollar Tesla holdings taking time out of their busy business lives full of business to tweet at their messiah.

Nah, a lot of them are leveraged to hell and good margin-called. Because they're dumb and think the stock price can only go up.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

TinTower posted:

I mean, sometimes it isn’t even metaphor. The “Christian symbolism” of NGE was just Anno thinking crosses looked cool.

…and then End of Evangelion came out with its religious ecstasy orgasm everyone gets turned to tang scene.

What, no mention of the giant rod that penetrates a giant on-screen forehead vagina? :v:

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
All I really know about stocks is that buying potatoes on margin is a bad idea, and cost Miss bliss her new car.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Went ahead and fixed that for MSNBC

Like, how aerodynamic is your brain when you have a thumbnail of Y'allQueda members inside the capitol building, but title the video "try to" in sincerity ?

Why does everyone and everything loving suck so badly right now?

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Ambitious Spider posted:

All I really know about stocks is that buying potatoes on margin is a bad idea, and cost Miss bliss her new car.

Invest in pumpkins. They never go down.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Zipperelli. posted:

Went ahead and fixed that for MSNBC

Like, how aerodynamic is your brain when you have a thumbnail of Y'allQueda members inside the capitol building, but title the video "try to" in sincerity ?

Why does everyone and everything loving suck so badly right now?

While "try to" makes it not sound as bad, "storm" makes it sound worse.

But I guess "armed protesters walk inside capitol building and yell dumb things" doesn't make for a great headline.

Edit: To clarify, it's super hosed-up, but "storm" makes it sound like an insurrection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I mean that was the point

I don’t know if they knew what to do next but this kind of stuff is rarely planned ahead