Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Captain Monkey posted:

Yeah it’s not an ear band. What gives?

Doing that thing where she pretends to put her ears in a ponytail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Spalec posted:

If Grindr counts, Tinder counts too right?

Wait till this schmuck learns about visible light.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Wait till this schmuck learns about visible light.

Wait, what?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Wait, what?

It’s also radiation. Also you’re constantly blasted with radiation from space at all times and in all directions.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's literally thousands of GHz of radiation!

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Yeah, visible light is in the range of about 400 THz (red) to about 790 THz (purple, indigo and violet are made up nonsense colours from Newtons numerology obsession with the number 7, I will be taking no questions at this time), so the middle of the visible light spectrum is EM radiation about 10000 times the frequency (and as the energy of a photon is directly proportional to its frequency, about 10000 times the energy) of the radiation they are worried about.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Quote is not edit. Or, I guess, plagiarize is not revise...

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Found in the replies of a pyf tweet

https://twitter.com/ktheintz/status/1368282393111531520

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

SiKboy posted:

Yeah, visible light is in the range of about 400 THz (red) to about 790 THz (purple, indigo and violet are made up nonsense colours from Newtons numerology obsession with the number 7, I will be taking no questions at this time), so the middle of the visible light spectrum is EM radiation about 10000 times the frequency (and as the energy of a photon is directly proportional to its frequency, about 10000 times the energy) of the radiation they are worried about.

this sounds like absolute bullshit

VinylonUnderground
Dec 14, 2020

by Athanatos
I use a lot of exclamation points.

OK, so that checks out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Surely if visible light was comprised of so much high energy radiation, someone would have invented a way to use that energy???

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_spectrum#Spectral_colors

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Hope you’re not a Mumford & Sons fan

https://twitter.com/MrWinMarshall/status/1368241477336317959

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

gonna have to sue daddy musk uh oh

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I kinda always hated them and now feel fully vindicated.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aren't they some lovely country band about trucks and poo poo? What else would you expect?

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

OwlFancier posted:

Aren't they some lovely country band about trucks and poo poo? What else would you expect?

They're cottage-core the band

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't know what cottage core would sound like.

E: apparently it sounds like tim allen and a buncha yuppies nasalling their way through country poo poo.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Mar 7, 2021

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
The only group that likes Mumford and Sons are algorithms that recommend music based on your tastes. And they only know Mumford and Sons as the guys that did Little Lion Man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Finding out they're loving British is both a shock and completely predictable at the same time.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Battery ruptures, engulfing the cabin with flames and hydrogen fluoride smoke so quickly that even the panel gaps can't vent it out, and the terrified driver can only claw helplessly at the door in horror until his body fails, in a sealed tomb of chemical fire

He should've called customer service! They still make great cars!!

e: this was also posted in the PYF unnerving article thread, and may not even be the same melted tesla

A man died in a burning Tesla because its futuristic doors wouldn’t open, lawsuit alleges

AveMachina has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Mar 7, 2021

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Cleretic posted:

The only group that likes Mumford and Sons are algorithms that recommend music based on your tastes. And they only know Mumford and Sons as the guys that did Little Lion Man.

Isn't that what everyone knows them as? Not only in the sense that's the only popular song they have, but that all of their songs sound the same.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Huh, I thought they had weird accents so I guess that explains it.

Worse than yuppies then, brits who sing like americans, there is no guillotine big enough.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
This is the only song Mumford and Sons ever did that was worth a drat, and it wasn't because of them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8Oi-COZN0U

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Jr. posted:

Battery ruptures, engulfing the cabin with flames and hydrogen fluoride smoke so quickly that even the panel gaps can't vent it out, and the terrified driver can only claw helplessly at the door in horror until his body fails, in a sealed tomb of chemical fire

He should've called customer service! They still make great cars!!

e: this was also posted in the PYF unnerving article thread, and may not even be the same melted tesla

A man died in a burning Tesla because its futuristic doors wouldn’t open, lawsuit alleges

I'm going to guess it's a different one, as the person is actively tweeting that his tesla burned up two months ago and not a year and a half ago, and the owner appears to not be dead?

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Silly Newbie posted:

I'm going to guess it's a different one, as the person is actively tweeting that his tesla burned up two months ago and not a year and a half ago, and the owner appears to not be dead?

Yeah you're right. Still cracks me up that "melted into an empty frame" is an acceptable failure mode for Tesla people

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Jr. posted:

Yeah you're right. Still cracks me up that "melted into an empty frame" is an acceptable failure mode for Tesla people

Not only that, but "melted into an empty frame" and "still waiting for them to accept culpability" can't fight the brand loyalty, what the gently caress.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Silly Newbie posted:

Not only that, but "melted into an empty frame" and "still waiting for them to accept culpability" can't fight the brand loyalty, what the gently caress.

If it had been parked inside a garage they wouldn't have a house anymore.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
It could be a detached garage.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"I still believe Tesla makes great cars"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

"I still believe Tesla makes great cars"

I mean, it's a solid looking frame at least.

tikus
Feb 19, 2003

Jr. posted:

At the end of that article, which describes how the poor guy is trapped in the car and burned alive:

quote:

After the crash, and after firefighters extinguished the blaze, Awan’s Tesla was transported to a tow yard. Once there, it reignited and burned again.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Spalec posted:

If Grindr counts, Tinder counts too right?

Hmmm

quote:

Naturopathy or naturopathic medicine is a form of alternative medicine that employs an array of pseudoscientific practices branded as "natural", "non-invasive", or promoting "self-healing".

Oh

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Naturopaths are eligible for priority vaccination against the coronavirus because we live in Hell.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

OwlFancier posted:

As others have said, wrong country sub-genre. But it's still exactly what you should expect because whiny, over-serious folkrock is exactly the kind of music the "intellectual" fascists who think Any Ngo is smart would listen to. Fetishize rural life and a false image of a better past but think you're too smart for bro country? Heres some vaguely Americana folk music with the blues elements stripped own as much as possible, the social criticisms removed completely, and no shrill women's voices to disturb your Walden Pond fantasy.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Regarde Aduck posted:

Clarification: It should have read "purple." then, new sentence "Indigo and violet are made up nonsense colours". Purple is a thing, indigo and violet are just types of purple that newton arbitrarily split off because he'd predicted 7 colours in the white light spectrum.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Indigo is a type of blue.

Violet is a type of purple.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SiKboy posted:

Clarification: It should have read "purple." then, new sentence "Indigo and violet are made up nonsense colours". Purple is a thing, indigo and violet are just types of purple that newton arbitrarily split off because he'd predicted 7 colours in the white light spectrum.
Purple isn't on the light spectrum. Violet and purple are different things

Indigo is bullshit though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Indigo is the dye traditionally used for denim. What Newton described as blue is closer to what we'd call cyan nowadays.

The colour that was shoe-horned in for sevens was orange.