Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Dude actively started off being aggressively transphobic, of course he's just being homophobic. (Lesbians are only gay because men won't gently caress them, they all secretly crave the cock they can't get, lesbians are lying about it to trick people, so on. Amazed there wasn't a pedophile accusation or bonus transphobia to go with it.

Sorry that happened to you but it lead to good thread content <o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

T-man posted:

Dude actively started off being aggressively transphobic, of course he's just being homophobic. (Lesbians are only gay because men won't gently caress them, they all secretly crave the cock they can't get, lesbians are lying about it to trick people, so on. Amazed there wasn't a pedophile accusation or bonus transphobia to go with it.

Sorry that happened to you but it lead to good thread content <o

Honestly I kinda want a pin that says Whore Bull Dyke on it but it’s false advertising

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Schizophrenia.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Or wordplay for “Sasha Archangel”, apparently.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
God, that's like peak whiteness. Incorporating Chinese astrology into their child's name.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

T-man posted:

Olly = 🥚imo

Obvs

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

RatHat posted:

Apparently pronounced Sasha Archangel

https://twitter.com/dnceyrslfcln/status/1257836914218094599?s=20

I hope it was just a “clever” way of announcing their baby and not how they’re actually spelling her name.

lmao

the symbol Æ is called Æ.

sincerely, a scandinavian.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

No you see it's an elvish symbol that she made up

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Nastyman posted:

lmao

the symbol Æ is called Æ.

sincerely, a scandinavian.

How is that pronounced? Is it æ?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Agents are GO! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inAfhsR4zbw

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Unironically more or less correct.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

RatHat posted:

I hope it was just a “clever” way of announcing their baby and not how they’re actually spelling her name.

So you guys know all those racist/apocryphal stories of going to school with a girl named "LE-A (pronounced Le-dash-a cause the dash don't be silent)"? Next generation, these stories will actually be true.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

canepazzo posted:

So you guys know all those racist/apocryphal stories of going to school with a girl named "LE-A (pronounced Le-dash-a cause the dash don't be silent)"? Next generation, these stories will actually be true.

What gets me is it sounds for all the world like he was trying to do the One Joke about the kid's gender, but nah he said "it's a boy, that is his name"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
E: never mind, I see what you’re specifically responding to

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
So here's a crosspost from the r/relationships thread, but here's a video from 2015 or 2016, can't remember of a whole bunch of white people celebrating The Motherland - Africa! at a morning rave, complete in animal print skins and bones through the face with white dread locks and watermelon decorations. For people who don't know what a morning rave is, it's a place where granola mommies and financial bros can gather at like 5AM or 6AM until 8AM when they have to go back to work and pretend like they're still at a rave, except there's no alcohol and your fruit smoothies are just as good as MDMA. Also there's group yoga and other stupid poo poo like that. Only costs 100 quid per ticket.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1273556289398252&ref=watch_permalink

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Agents are GO! posted:

It's "sword".

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I quite like Grimes' music but I'm beginning to get the impression that she's barking mad.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RatHat posted:

so this is what, fourashm? fashm? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZC1Jcv0dw

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Guilty posted:

So here's a crosspost from the r/relationships thread, but here's a video from 2015 or 2016, can't remember of a whole bunch of white people celebrating The Motherland - Africa! at a morning rave, complete in animal print skins and bones through the face with white dread locks and watermelon decorations. For people who don't know what a morning rave is, it's a place where granola mommies and financial bros can gather at like 5AM or 6AM until 8AM when they have to go back to work and pretend like they're still at a rave, except there's no alcohol and your fruit smoothies are just as good as MDMA. Also there's group yoga and other stupid poo poo like that. Only costs 100 quid per ticket.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=1273556289398252&ref=watch_permalink

I'm sure Africa was delighted.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Agents are GO! posted:

It is, perhaps unsurprisingly, a sound between "a" and "e."

This can mean either the "ai" diphthong, or the sound occupying the middle position between a and e. The vocalization for a has the tongue at the bottom of the mouth, while e has it between top set of molars. The monophtong version of æ is the sound produced with the tongue halfway between those positions.

There is evidence of both versions being used by the Romans, but Scandinavians exclusively use the latter because we're not savages who think that standalone vowels should be used as diphthongs. :colbert:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Stoatbringer posted:

I quite like Grimes' music but I'm beginning to get the impression that she's barking mad.

I feel like most good musicians are at least slightly crazy. It's a theory of mine.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

There is evidence of both versions being used by the Romans, but Scandinavians exclusively use the latter because we're not savages who think that standalone vowels should be used as diphthongs. :colbert:

English pronunciation is the Imperial measurement system of phonology

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Grimes has been a dumb idiot for years, and was transphobic to Sophie so she can go do one.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Stoatbringer posted:

it comes off to me as though she and musk are in some weird codependent drug spiral where they prop each other up as being radical innovators who are really getting into the core of what reality really means, man, which is actually very typical for people whose relationship depends on mutual substance abuse. except they're both famous and wealthy enough to where the various bad consequences of unrestricted intoxication take longer to come into play, like neither one of them is going to get serially arrested for nodding off in a dollar general parking lot or start bouncing checks, all they can do is pass highdeas back and forth all night in some hillside mansion then tweet about it for endless positive affirmation that they're star children or whatever

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

luxury handset posted:

it comes off to me as though she and musk are in some weird codependent drug spiral where they prop each other up as being radical innovators who are really getting into the core of what reality really means, man, which is actually very typical for people whose relationship depends on mutual substance abuse. except they're both famous and wealthy enough to where the various bad consequences of unrestricted intoxication take longer to come into play, like neither one of them is going to get serially arrested for nodding off in a dollar general parking lot or start bouncing checks, all they can do is pass highdeas back and forth all night in some hillside mansion then tweet about it for endless positive affirmation that they're star children or whatever

And now there's a newborn baby in the mix. :(

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

PetraCore posted:

And now there's a newborn baby in the mix. :(

But thankfully also an army of nannies and night nurses and support staff so at the very least the baby won't starve to death.

Scratch Monkey has a new favorite as of 14:54 on May 6, 2020

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
poor druggie problems: you're threatened with eviction because you lost your warehouse job after too many unexcused absences/late mornings due to hangovers

rich druggie problems: you tried to start group sex with azalea banks under false pretences and she called you a pork skinned demon on instagram

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It is, perhaps unsurprisingly, a sound between "a" and "e."

This can mean either the "ai" diphthong, or the sound occupying the middle position between a and e. The vocalization for a has the tongue at the bottom of the mouth, while e has it between top set of molars. The monophtong version of æ is the sound produced with the tongue halfway between those positions.

I'm trying but it just keeps coming out as ar. Encyclopardia. Pardiotrician.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Wow, I can't think of a more perfect pairing than Grimes and that game, they both claim to be 'cyberpunk' to some degree but have, if anything, negative credentials. I'm genuinely a little impressed.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 15:07 on May 6, 2020

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Also rich druggie problems: you tweet some dumb poo poo while high and you company’s stocks tank. This won’t affect your personally, but people are mad at you online and you have very thin skin due to being raised on blood diamond money.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I'm trying but it just keeps coming out as ar. Encyclopardia. Pardiotrician.

Sounds like you’re curling your tongue too far down. It’s much closer to the “eh” sound in words like egg.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Also rich druggie problems: you tweet some dumb poo poo while high and you company’s stocks tank. This won’t affect your personally, but people are mad at you online and you have very thin skin due to being raised on blood diamond money.

Sounds like you’re curling your tongue too far down. It’s much closer to the “eh” sound in words like egg.

I always took it to mean basically the flat "a" sound in American English, like in "drat" or "AAAAAA". Because when Brits try to render an American (particularly Western) accent in text they write it like "gawd demmit" which is how it sounds to their ears

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Encyclopeggdia

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Maybe it's just me, but every time some lingual expert describes the mouth and tongue shape required to make a certain word, my own reaction is just a whole lot of question marks. Is that what I'm doing?? Is that what everyone is doing??? But no one ever teaches you how to hold your mouth to make a certain sound, you have to figure it out on your own???? What even is human language???????

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

RoboRodent posted:

Maybe it's just me, but every time some lingual expert describes the mouth and tongue shape required to make a certain word, my own reaction is just a whole lot of question marks. Is that what I'm doing?? Is that what everyone is doing??? But no one ever teaches you how to hold your mouth to make a certain sound, you have to figure it out on your own???? What even is human language???????

It's just as easy as breathing or beating your heart.

....you do know how to beat your heart, right?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Technically it was blood emeralds.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

RoboRodent posted:

A memetic virus that controls how we think.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Captain Monkey posted:

Technically it was blood emeralds.

Musk laughed. "You mean the blood emeralds?"

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

RoboRodent posted:

There's an entire field of old men trying to find the answer!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

luxury handset posted:

But also don't forget that Musk has his weird online cult that's convinced he's real-life Tony Stark and can do no wrong and his magic technology is going to solve all the world's problems, so their bizarre positive affirmation tweets get a very different online reception than they would for pretty much any other weird rich couple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Did you say Fascism? Close, but no vape: welcome to 4æm, the techno savvy and intersectional fascism for today's authority-hungry generation. Our visionary founder Elon Musk and his starwife Grimes usher in a new era of device-enhanced corporate state control! #blessed

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 16:00 on May 6, 2020