Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
genshin players are loving weird, even by anime and mmo fandom standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Bottom Liner posted:

genshin players are loving weird, even by anime and mmo fandom standards

It was hilarious last week when they perfectly re-enacted modernwarefare2boycott.png

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

kirbysuperstar posted:

It was hilarious last week when they perfectly re-enacted modernwarefare2boycott.png

Without even clear reason, too. Points to the MW2 'boycott', I at least knew they wanted dedicated servers. I still have no idea why Genshin was supposedly getting a boycott.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Cleretic posted:

Without even clear reason, too. Points to the MW2 'boycott', I at least knew they wanted dedicated servers. I still have no idea why Genshin was supposedly getting a boycott.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

kirbysuperstar posted:

I would like to know more

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Basically a bunch of people suddenly got up in arms about the goblin enemies and a few other things (they don't actually care and quite a few people that could be offended by it were like "Uh not really and also you don't really care you're just in this for the outrage") then immediately dropped all pretence because a new banner with a hot nun came out the next day.

https://twitter.com/punianya/status/1379675005458513922?s=20

https://twitter.com/PhantomArtifice/status/1379596499659730945

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Genshin Impact's fans and everything about them is funny as hell

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Anime, not even once.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Basically a bunch of people suddenly got up in arms about the goblin enemies and a few other things (they don't actually care and quite a few people that could be offended by it were like "Uh not really and also you don't really care you're just in this for the outrage") then immediately dropped all pretence because a new banner with a hot nun came out the next day.

Wait the first person is against whatever boycott they are talking about.

I think the tweeter here either misread or is being dishonest here

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

kirbysuperstar posted:

I feel like I'm missing something, maybe? there's a person saying that the boycott is performative and not helpful, and another person is excited? are they the same person? different people?

I dont twitter

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My decision to enjoy playing Genshin Impact while ignoring the fandom has paid so many dividends.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait the first person is against whatever boycott they are talking about.

I think the tweeter here either misread or is being dishonest here

They're quoting screenshots of someone against the boycott and then themselves tweeting "Don't support genshin #boycottmihoyo". I think. Either way they immediately go back to "stan mihoyo" so.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

anime is bad

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Mazerunner posted:

I feel like I'm missing something, maybe? there's a person saying that the boycott is performative and not helpful, and another person is excited? are they the same person? different people?

I dont twitter

It's not that you don't twitter, it's that its cropped so much information and is just a screenshot of the actual arguement but only a tiny bit of it. So you can't see the whole story or tell who is argueing what.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Anime is blood

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

It's gotta be incredibly satisfying to reply "gently caress off".

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anime is not good for Twitter and other stupid things.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Byzantine posted:

It's gotta be incredibly satisfying to reply "gently caress off".

I don't even think you need that much, I bet a flat 'no' makes them melt down just as hard.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
These are the sort of supposedly fully grown adults who write 500-page callout documents attacking literal children who object to untagged NSFW fanfiction of a children’s TV show.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

People gotta learn to just block people posting content they dislike and move on. (Referring here to the idiots making absurd demands because comfort characters).

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Greenwald is defending Gaetz now. Probably for completely altruistic reasons. https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1381384543891034114?s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I genuinely worry sometimes about whether these incredibly fragile people who get, for lack of a better word, triggered, over things like other people playing their favorite video game characters will somehow manage to devalue people pushing for actual positive social change.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

grittyreboot posted:

Greenwald is defending Gaetz now. Probably for completely altruistic reasons. https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1381384543891034114?s=19

:thunk:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

If anyone ever doubted ol' Glenn's libertarian roots, here's proof.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

PetraCore posted:

People gotta learn to just block people posting content they dislike and move on. (Referring here to the idiots making absurd demands because comfort characters).

Forgive my ignorance, but what does "comfort character" mean?

Is it like "comfort food", insomuch as it is a character one thinks of/plays with when one is feeling down? Or, does it have a weirder/creepier/inexplicable meaning.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Genshin happens to be a lot of younger gamers's first gacha game due to its wide release and being pretty much a "real game" with gacha stapled on it so the kids are down with it until they run into the horrific gacha wall and the cracks start to show and its time to get mad on Twitter.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Kids these days. Back in my day I used to ship that prostitute in Leisure Suit Larry that gives you a deadly STD.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Where did you ship her? :ohdear:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What the gently caress is a Genshin and what the gently caress is it impacting agai-

You know what? Nevermind.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is it like "comfort food", insomuch as it is a character one thinks of/plays with when one is feeling down? Or, does it have a weirder/creepier/inexplicable meaning.

First one, then the other.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

grittyreboot posted:

"But what about DUE PROCESS" is such a tiring argument
Especially coming from the same crowd that gives us daily reprints of "yeah of course the cops had to murder him, he was black".

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Byzantine posted:

First one, then the other.

People with neurological differences can't have 1 thing without terminally online people using it to pester fanfic authors.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

People with neurological differences can't have 1 thing without terminally online people using it to pester fanfic authors.

That venn diagram is a circle.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Biplane posted:

That venn diagram is a circle.

And your family tree is a wreath.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

My family tree is a pinecone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BrigadierSensible posted:

Never fear, someone who got into loving Harvard wrote an article for the Harvard student newspaper about it.

The future leaders of the world, ladies and gentlemen.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Rosie 💫 O’Donnel gives 👉 off 💦😝😂 turbochad vibes 💗🐣.

To put 😏 it in simplest 💯💁 terms 📄, she 👩 is very 💁✅ much 🔥 a hyper-based pog daddy 👨. Ya 🙀 know 💭? She 👩👧 usually 😌, but 🍑 not always 🔥, seems 👀 like 💖💘 a himbo boss 🕴 champ 🎖 with big 🍆 swagged pilled energy 🌟. It gives 👉 me great 👍✅ pride 🏳️‍🌈 to say 💬 that our Rosie ❤💟 is very 👌 much 🔥 a turbochad.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this is a really bizarre thing to pearlclutch about, Vincent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Stunt_enby posted:

this is a really bizarre thing to pearlclutch about, Vincent

Nah, I get it.

People making up a special superspecial term for "character I like" is weird.

People going "you can't like this character because I like them in this superspecial way, and I will write to you over the internet asking you to stop and requiring proof" is weirder.

Both are stupid and deserving of being mocked.