Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I always thought mosquitos occupied a particular niche, in that they feed on the blood of larger animals, which makes them a great source of protein and iron for insectivores. Did I just make that up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

gbut posted:

Is that Matthew Whittaker, or do all the white supremacist toxic masculines look the same?

I thought it was stefan molyneaux

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

gbut posted:

Is that Matthew Whittaker, or do all the white supremacist toxic masculines look the same?

There are a few templates to pick from - you've got the classic thumb, the internet beardo (available in scrawny to morbidly obese), the meth enthusiast who looks a bit like a rat, the punchable face with a fash haircut, and of course who could forget the walking sweaty ham (crossing this with the thumb is very popular).

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

redgubbinz posted:

There are a few templates to pick from - you've got the classic thumb, the internet beardo (available in scrawny to morbidly obese), the meth enthusiast who looks a bit like a rat, the punchable face with a fash haircut, and of course who could forget the walking sweaty ham (crossing this with the thumb is very popular).

This guy on the right has hands-down the most punchable face I've ever seen. He was a teacher in Eton who wanted to teach his students about how the patriachy isn't real and that it is in fact them - Eton students who are the true victims of discrimination.

Eton annual fees? £48,501/ US$68,244 per year, with the nigh-certain guarantee that you'll either become a Tory minister or CEO of a hedgefund

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1393816153001185280

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Didn’t Arithmetic originate in Saudi Arabia?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well it’s Arabic but no it would be Damascus and Baghdad that did the heavy lifting. The territories that make up SA stated mostly nomadic even after the conquests.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

gbut posted:

He's an artist that does a lot of metal album covers and is sikk as fukk
]

edit: paolo girardi

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Rhinos topped the beast v. beast matchups. YouGov just didn’t deign to ask respondents if the respondent themselves could take one.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

learnincurve posted:

Saudi Arabia is less than 100 years old so probably not.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but sometimes it's important to distinguish the region of Arabia from the Kingdom of Arabia ruled by the house of Saud.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
So you would just need to look at the development of Riyadh to know how full of it he is then?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean he’s full of it as start ups aren’t terribly innovative. It’s like saying the stock market innovates. No it doesn’t

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

learnincurve posted:

The base 10 system we use originated in India and came to the west from the Arab world, but everyone was doing arithmetic before that.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Start ups have been around since Ugg realised that not every clan had as good a spear maker as he was and paid Urr and Burr in furs to go exchange his spears with other tribes for meat and beads.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

If we disregard damage between rounds then the Elephant or Rhino would easily win.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

learnincurve posted:

Start ups have been around since Ugg realised that not every clan had as good a spear maker as he was and paid Urr and Burr in furs to go exchange his spears with other tribes for meat and beads.

https://youtu.be/nyu4u3VZYaQ

Bronze age start up. Everything is better with bronze!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"innovation" is a big bullshit word anyway that usually just means whatever the speaker wants it to mean. See for example how many people believe that the Soviet Union had no innovation. Or the idiots saying that if you waive IP rights on the covid vaccines then it will make the pharma companies less innovative (despite the fact that they rely on public funding).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
OP not the idiot

https://twitter.com/GBBranstetter/status/1393649391634894848?s=20

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

RatHat posted:

If we disregard damage between rounds then the Elephant or Rhino would easily win.

I agree that an ostrich couldn't kill an elephant, but how does an elephant kill an ostrich that doesn't want to get trampled?

Likewise a gorilla should easily beat an eagle in a boxing match, but if the contest takes place outside it is trivial for the eagle to evade a gorilla. Then occasionally do a swoop and scratch, until the gorilla succumbs to infected wounds days later. Anything you do to prevent the eagle from moving out of gorilla range is rendering the fight unfair, because their primary attack is to dive bomb things from great height.

Plenty of these matches seem like whoever eventually falls asleep first loses, because there is no way to force the animals to engage.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

They have one joke.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
What we need for this one is The colosseum.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ultrafilter posted:

They have one joke.

That burn on the relief pitchers was kinda okay.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

Or to get a bunch of ants to unite

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

ultrafilter posted:

They have one joke.

Just when they cant get any stupider, they go and get way stupider.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Not all identities are valid. Many people seem to identify as comedians despite strong evidence to the contrary.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

learnincurve posted:

I got to Ugg and thought you were making a reference to the boot brand and I thought that you were name dropping brands in some crazy Ugg boots brand war until I got to the end.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

They have one joke.

How about they identify as funny? Maybe they'll come up with some funny jokes then, the dumbfucks.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I still think my colosseum idea would work for both the ostrich vs elephant problem but also the one joke chucklefucks.

We could ask them which animal they think they could beat in a fight and test them.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
1 joke, zero laughs.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a non-oval toilet.

they used to be common when I was a kid, but seem to have all been replaced in the 90s when the oval ones were sold as ADA compliant because they are better for people with movement issues(the actual ADA thing is the height)

like, if you have a round bowl and want a oval one you just need to bring up the disability angle and you will likely get it, unless there is a physical reason not to(the pipes coming into the house might be in the wrong place, or the bathroom too narrow to actually fit a long toilet)

source: I sold toilets for the home depot in the early 00s, and it was a whole thing they made me know about so I could sell them 'properly'

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just heard a chud that has unfortunately inserted himself into my life tell that joke at my son's birthday party. I loving hate it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Grem posted:

Just heard a chud that has unfortunately inserted himself into my life tell that joke at my son's birthday party. I loving hate it.

My boss makes the joke once a month at least

"I identify as governor of Ohio and masks aren't needed" was my favorite

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Facebook Aunt posted:

I agree that an ostrich couldn't kill an elephant, but how does an elephant kill an ostrich that doesn't want to get trampled?
They use their trunks to fight. They'd just grab the ostrich by the neck and tear it around like a ragdoll.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Grem posted:

Laugh more and more ridiculously every time he tells it saying it gets better on every retelling of the joke.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
context:
https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/1394002340521390081

content:
https://twitter.com/umbry_things/status/1394048832548261890

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
New oof just dropped.

https://twitter.com/naomirwolf/status/1394077996055597058

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Oof.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

TinTower posted:

gently caress you, I'll do exactly what you tell me.

First twenty seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmWdbuE-mwg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
https://twitter.com/eatinginmycar/status/1394059750585864194?s=21